1v1 Tourney hosted by {BoB}
Disclaimer

This tournament is still in its alpha phase. That means that rules may change at anytime and the participants are responsible for keeping up to date with the rules. The tourney also servers to gauge interest on Gladiator-Champion type tournaments. If it gains traction, a separate forum will be created. Please feel free to post any suggestions you think would make the tournament better. All suggestions will be considered, not all suggestions may be implemented.

How It Works

There is an overall world champion and region champions for the 6 reasons: North America (NA), South America (SA), Europe (EU), Africa (AF), Asia (AS), and Oceania (OC). Region champions may then challenge the world champion for his/her title.

Rules

-Eligibility
--Tournament Eligibility
1) If you have been blacklisted for cheating or bad behavior (bad behavior at the discretion of moderator vote) in 1.2, you are not allowed to play. If you have been previously blacklisted, that is up for vote by the current pool of tournament players.
2) You must have an account on this forum.
3) You must have signed up in this thread.

-Region eligibility
1) You must reside in the region you are claiming champion for -- citizenship is not required.
2) You may at most change your region once a month

---Region Champion Eligibility
1) You may not be champion for more than one region
2) If there is no region champion and you are otherwise eligible, you may claim it immediately
3) If you fail to defend your title against a challenge within a period of one (1) week from the initial date of challenge, you automatically forfeit your title. Exceptions are made if you are actively trying to find a time but the challenger and you cannot come up with a time. However, a moderator will be involved at that point.

--World Champion eligibility
1) You must have defended a region championship at least once to claim World Champion.
2) You must be a current region champion to challenge the world champion.
3) If you fail to defend your title against a challenge within a period of two (2) weeks from the initial date of challenge, you automatically forfeit your title. Exceptions are made if you are actively trying to find a time but the challenger and you cannot come up with a time. However, a moderator will be involved at that point.

-Challenges
1) You cannot challenge a champion who already has a pending challenge.
2) If there is a tie, there will be a tiebreaker. The person who chooses the tiebreaker alternates. Therefore, since the challenger chose the initial mode and map, the champion picks the first tiebreaker. If there is another tie, the challenger picks the next map, etc.
3) You may challenge the same person for the same position at most once every two days. There will be exceptions made at Music's discretion.
4) You must post both the screenshot and the demo in this thread as proof that you beat the champion.
5) If the champion cannot defend their title in the time frame set by eligibility rule (1 week for region and 2 weeks for world), you automatically inhereit his title.
6) Screenshots must not be cropped or altered in anyway. They must show the full assaultcube window (/screenshot).

Gameplay and Scoring
1) Score and ratio are not factors that decide the outcome of the game.
2) In flag-based modes, flags are the deciding factor. The winner of the flag game is the person who has the greatest number of aggregate flags from the two games (ie first game Person A scores 4 flags, and Person B scores 5. Second game Person A scores 5 flags and Person B scores 5. Person B has 10 flags total, and Person A has 9, therefore Person B wins).
3) You can't purposely delay spawns. There is a 10 second leniency.
4) Either player can request that specs leave the game.

-Map and Mode Eligibility
1) Team modes are not allowed except for CTF and HTF. If CTF/HTF is played, then both sides must be played. In this case, each side must be played for 8 minutes (ie: /ctf ac_desert3 8).
2) Pistol frenzy is not allowed
3) Only official maps are eligible to be picked

Moderators
1) Moderators make decision calls. You are allowed to call for a moderator NOT in your region and someone who is NOT in either clan.
2) If no other moderator qualifies for the above rule, Music will make a call.
3) Moderators are chosen by recommendation from a current moderator and a unanimous vote to add the moderator. However, a 60% vote will lead to the revocation of any one moderators status.

Misc
1) I, Mousikos,  reserve the right to make any final decisions.

Moderators

-{BoB}Mousikos
-{BoB}Enam
-.45|miro
-B}Nightmare

Current Standings

World ChampionAF ChampionAS ChampionEU ChampionNA ChampionOC ChampionSA Champion
FD*EndGame=MyS=Rush|AoX|madcatz.rC|Marti{BoB}MousikosPi_FlintFD*EndGame
Defended0000000

Eligible Participants

[/tr]
AF Region=MyS=Rush-xW-$w@rM3D*
AS Region |AoX|madcatz Flames
EU Region .rC|Marti {BoB}Grazy[T] Artemis .45|Separ w00p|Honor {BoB}Enam |AoX|Subjective
EU Region w00p|Redbull w00p|bunny .rC|Hosta Robtics |oNe|OpTic
NA Region {BoB}Mousikos iF*Vo/<>Vo |AoX|f0r3v3r B}Nightmare {BoB}Moto |FaD|HoeHunter |AoX|Cho
NA Region |KH|MorganKell D3M0NW0LF
OC RegioniF*DraulPi_FlintB}OryngeA&D_XFAthe_andymanHuntsman
SA RegionFD*EndGameLeKo~FEL~.RayDenstarix/A/*H1TM4N*U|MPx
MIA|oNe|Waffles.rC|Vanquish.rC|XemiPi_1Cap

Challenge Log

Match IDMatchChallengerDefending ChampionModeMapWinnerScreenshotDemoNote(s)
ID0NAiF*Vo/<>Vo{BoB}MousikosKTFac_desert3{BoB}MousikosScreenshotDemo -
ID1NAB}Nightmare{BoB}MousikosLSSac_douzeB}NightmareScreenshotDemo -
ID2EUArtemis.rC|MartiDMac_desert.rC|MartiScreenshotDemo -
ID3SAFD*EndGamePi_1CapHTFac_desert3FD*EndGameScreenshot Demo -
ID4NA|AoX|f0r3v3rB}NightmareOSOKac_stellar|AoX|f0r3v3rScreenshot Demo -
ID5OCPi_FlintiF*DraulKTFac_industrialPi_FlintScreenshotDemo -
ID6NA{BoB}Mousikos|AoX|f0r3v3rDMac_snow|AoX|f0r3v3rScreenshotDemo -
ID7WC|AoX|f0r3v3r{BoB}MousikosOSOKac_avenue|AoX|f0r3v3rScreenshotDemo -
ID8EU.rC|Vanquish.rC|MartiDMac_gothic.rC|VanquishScreenshotDemo Marti validly challenged WC, after defending against Artemis before this match. Delayed due to EU challenge backup.
ID9EUw00p|Honor.rC|VanquishDMac_desert.rC|VanquishScreenshotDemo Delayed due to EU challenge backup
ID10NA|oNe|Waffles|AoX|f0r3v3rDMac_scaffold|oNe|WafflesScreenshotDemo -
ID11WC.rC|Marti|AoX|f0r3v3rDMac_desert.rC|MartiScreenshotDemo -
ID12SALeKoFD*EndGameSURVac_douzeFD*EndGameScreenshotDemo -
ID13NA.rC|Xemi|oNe|WafflesDMac_desert.rC|Xemi - - |oNe|Waffles withdrew from tournament
ID14WCFD*EndGame.rC|MartiDMac_desertFD*EndGameScreenshotDemo -
ID15SA~FEL~.RayDenFD*EndGameDMac_desertFD*EndGameScreenshotDemo -
ID16EU{BoB}Grazy[T].rC|VanquishLSSac_douze.rC|Vanquish - - {BoB}Grazy[T] is MIA
ID17SALeKoFD*EndGameDMac_aridFD*EndGameScreenshotDemo -
ID18SALeKoFD*EndGameDMac_desertFD*EndGameScreenshotDemoTiebreaker Screenshot | Tiebreaker Demo
ID19NAB}Nightmare.rC|XemiLSSac_arabian.rC|XemiScreenshotDemo -
ID20EUw00p|Redbull.rC|VanquishDMac_desert.rC|VanquishScreenshotDemo -
ID21NA{BoB}Mousikos.rC|XemiDMac_urban.rC|XemiScreenshotDemo -
ID22EU.rC|Marti.rC|VanquishLSSac_douze.rC|VanquishScreenshotDemoTiebreaker Screenshot | Tiebreaker Demo
ID23SA*H1TM4N*FD*EndGameLSSac_desert*H1TM4N*ScreenshotDemo -
ID24NAB}Nightmare.rC|XemiLSSac_avenue.rC|XemiScreenshotDemo -
ID25SAFD*EndGame*H1TM4N*LSSac_desert*H1TM4N*ScreenshotDemo -
ID26SA~FEL~.RayDen*H1TM4N*DMac_desert~FEL~.RayDenScreenshotDemo -
ID27SAFD*EndGame~FEL~.RayDenDMac_desertFD*EndGameScreenshotDemo -
ID28NA{BoB}Mousikos.rC|xemiDMac_cavern{BoB}Mousikos - - .rC|Xemi Withdrew From Tourament
ID29EU.rC|Marti.rC|VanquishLSSac_arctic.rC|MartiScreenshotDemo -
ID30NAiF*Vo{BoB}MousikosSurvac_desertTBD - - Challenge Withdrawn
ID31OCHuntsmanPi_FlintDMac_douzeTBD - - -
ID32SAU|MPxFD*EndGameCTFac_swampTBD - - -
ID33AF-xW-$w@rM3D*=MyS=RushDMac_desert=MyS=RushScreenshot - No Demo. No complaints can be processed.
ID34EURobtics.rC|MartiDMac_desertRobticsScreenshotDemo -
ID35EU.rC|MartiRobticsLSSac_arctic.rC|MartiScreenshotDemo -
ID36EUw00p|RedBull.rC|MartiDMac_desertTBD - - -
ID37SA~FEL~.RayDenFD*EndGameDMac_desertFD*EndGameScreenshotDemo -
ID38NAD3M0NW0LF{BoB}MousikosSURVac_gothicD3M0NW0LFScreenshotDemo -

Forms

Sign-Up Form
Clan:
In-Game Nickname:
Region:

Challenge Form
Title to Contest:
Current Date:
Proposed Game Date:
Mode:
Map:

Complaint Form
Match ID (see Challenge Log):
Complaint:
Relevant Rules:

Credits

Thanks to Pi_Halo for giving me the original idea. This tournament is a slight spin-off of the Pi Tourney held in 2013 and thanks to {BoB}Moto for suggesting I start a tournament.
Thanks given by:
Region aka continent

Hereby claiming EU champion qq

Rising Cubers
Marti
EU
Thanks given by:
Clan: BoB
In-Game Nickname: Grazy
Region: EU
Thanks given by:
Clan: inFamous / Waka Waka
IGN: iF*Vo / <>Vo
Region: NA

Music, come get some.
Thanks given by:
Updates:
  • Added a challenge form
  • Added Marti, Graziano, and Vonunov

Is that a formal challenge, vo? I'm up for it. When, where, map, mode?
Thanks given by:
Rising Cubers
xemi
NA all day
Thanks given by:
-
Artemis
EU

come at me marti
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Nice tourney. I like how it's geo-restricted too.

vanquish
Rising Cubers
EU

Come at me OpTic :D

Actually I have a question. Is any mode allowed, and if so, can the defending champion refuse based on the mode he is challenged with?
You can't objectively determine who is the best 1v1 player when you have so many different modes. Furthermore I think there should be some kind of map pool implemented. Currently, it seems to me like a championship match could potentially be something like LSS ac_arabian. It goes without saying that some potential map/mode combos would be horrible.

I hope I'm understanding this incorrectly atm.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 01:18AM)Vanquish Wrote: Nice tourney. I like how it's geo-restricted too.

vanquish
Rising Cubers
EU

Come at me OpTic :D

Actually I have a question. Is any mode allowed, and if so, can the defending champion refuse based on the mode he is challenged with?
You can't objectively determine who is the best 1v1 player when you have so many different modes. Furthermore I think there should be some kind of map pool implemented. Currently, it seems to me like a championship match could potentially be something like LSS ac_arabian.

I hope I'm understanding this incorrectly atm.
Hm, ideally the defending champion is the king of assaultcube and can play any map, any mode and cannot refuse any matches.

Would it better to have a map pool for each mode? I can still tweak the rules. This is still very, very alpha atm.
Thanks given by:
If your method is more popular then please run it this way, my intention is never to impede anybody's fun. All professionally run tournaments have some kind of map pool and are usually limited to one mode. I get that AC isn't marketed as a competitive game, however I personally feel it's not an accurate assessment of skill if the criteria for skill is so large. It would be like adding gema maps to a map pool in a CTF tourney - you're giving one award to two different skill sets.

In this case, an unbeatable DM/SURV champion would lose his title because his enemy picks PF ac_shine. Whoever spawns closest to the akimbo wins, izi.

I know that's an extreme example, but I hope you see my point. As I said though, please run it the way you want to. I'm not trying to bash on you or the tourney, since the idea is great.
Thanks given by:
Please dm/surv only :(
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 12:29AM)Music Wrote: Updates:
  • Added a challenge form

KTF desert3. Dunno what your availability is like. I'm here for a while tonight (21:20 now) and also free tomorrow and maybe the next day.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 03:18AM)vonunov Wrote:
(22 Aug 14, 12:29AM)Music Wrote: Updates:
  • Added a challenge form

KTF desert3. Dunno what your availability is like. I'm here for a while tonight (21:20 now) and also free tomorrow and maybe the next day.
If I can catch you tonight, let's do it tonight. Otherwise when are you available tomorrow?
Thanks given by:
When my internet comes back up I wanna play some KTF ac_werk.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 01:46AM)Vanquish Wrote: If your method is more popular then please run it this way, my intention is never to impede anybody's fun. All professionally run tournaments have some kind of map pool and are usually limited to one mode. I get that AC isn't marketed as a competitive game, however I personally feel it's not an accurate assessment of skill if the criteria for skill is so large. It would be like adding gema maps to a map pool in a CTF tourney - you're giving one award to two different skill sets.

In this case, an unbeatable DM/SURV champion would lose his title because his enemy picks PF ac_shine. Whoever spawns closest to the akimbo wins, izi.

I know that's an extreme example, but I hope you see my point. As I said though, please run it the way you want to. I'm not trying to bash on you or the tourney, since the idea is great.

Okay. I'll see how it goes for the first few games and if it starts to go badly, maybe I'll limit the it to DM desert/douze/snow or something. Thanks for the suggestions!
Thanks given by:
Music has beat me, remains NA champion.

http://i.imgur.com/OzO5rKM.jpg

http://waka.waka.ac/20140822_0346_162.21...in_KTF.dmo
Thanks given by:
GGs, Vo.

I'm going to go ahead and claim world champion because, let's face it, it's the only chance I got. XD

RULE CLARIFICATOIN:

Btw, Gosfly has mentioned to me that it was not clear about who can challenge World Champion. Only Region Champions who have defended title once can challenge World Champion. The idea is that if you're not the best in your region, there's no way you can be best in the world.

That is to say you can be world champion even if you lose your region champ seat (because then it's not obvious if it went to your successor or another person), but you can only challenge the world champ if you've beaten your region.
Thanks given by:
|AoX|
madcatz
I have born in asian part of RF. If it is possible, may i claim AS champion status? Else let me be in EU.
Thanks given by:
Nice going Music!

|AoX|
f0r3v3r
NA
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 05:05AM)madcatz Wrote: |AoX|
madcatz
I have born in asian part of RF. If it is possible, may i claim AS champion status? Else let me be in EU.

I'm trying to group things so timezones are closer. Also, I'm going to tend to put countries all in one region so I can put Russia in Asia if you like, unless another Russian comes along and objects. Is that cool, madcatz? If I change your country's region, then it does not affect the region change limit.

(22 Aug 14, 05:07AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: Nice going Music!

|AoX|
f0r3v3r
NA

Thanks! Let's see how this pans out! =3
Thanks given by:
I'm not legible? :(
Thanks given by:
Claiming OC Champ, cos I want a challenger.
Thanks given by:
Someone pick lss vs me
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 08:57AM)Marti Wrote: Someone pick lss vs me

I challenge you.
Thanks given by:
Angry Souls
Separ
EU
Thanks given by:
Can you put a table with matches, screenshots and demos? please
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 07:49AM)DrauL Wrote: Claiming OC Champ, cos I want a challenger.

I'm guessing iF*Draul OC..... You haven't signed up but since I actually know your information I'll let it slide just this once =P

(22 Aug 14, 11:06AM)Artemis Wrote:
(22 Aug 14, 08:57AM)Marti Wrote: Someone pick lss vs me

I challenge you.

Challenge form:
Current Date:
Proposed Game Date:
Mode:
Map
Thanks given by:
Sign-Up
B}
Nightmare
NA

Challenge to Music
8/22/2014
8/22/2014
LSS
Douze

Couple comments/questions.

Can demos be optional?

Can you challenge someone in your region who is also world champ for both titles at once, or one at a time?

Thanks given by:
Fill in ze form artemish

Btw is there any active african player other than mise?
Thanks given by: