1v1 Tourney hosted by {BoB}
(25 Sep 14, 10:36PM)Marti Wrote: Damn, time to move then...

BTW WAS THERE A DECISION ABOUT BUNNY YET?

Nope. Haven't gotten a reply yet.
Thanks given by:
Btw what about Hosta now we're at it?

Also did I really just read you had to check on Ory? :D
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 14, 10:41PM)Marti Wrote: Btw what about Hosta now we're at it?

Also did I really just read you had to check on Ory? :D

I was hoping more of the participants would have voted. As it is, I think I'm going to have to put 1Cap on MIA because as he's banned on the forums, he can't really post. =[

And yes, I checked out Orynge because I follow up on rumors I hear just in case.
Thanks given by:
Challenge Form
Title to Contest: SA
Current Date: 2014-09-25
Proposed Game Date: 2014-09-29
Time: 18:30 Chilean time (gmt -3)
Mode: DM
Map: ac_desert
Server: xrd.me 5000 match
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 14, 10:56PM)Music Wrote: And yes, I checked out Orynge because I follow up on rumors I hear just in case.

Wait, you heard rumors about Ory? xD
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 14, 11:13PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(25 Sep 14, 10:56PM)Music Wrote: And yes, I checked out Orynge because I follow up on rumors I hear just in case.

Wait, you heard rumors about Ory? xD
Yep. That's why his acceptance took so long.

PLEASE VOTE ON .rC|Hosta
Thanks given by:
Sign-Up Form
Clan: None
In-Game Nickname: the_andyman
Region: OC
Thanks given by:
F1 for hosta
Thanks given by:
f1 hosta
Thanks given by:
Challenge Form
Title to Contest: NA
Current Date: 2014-10-05
Proposed Game Date: 2014-10-11
Mode: DM
Map: ac_cavern
Thanks given by:
Ory where are you? I challenge you to challenge me :D
Thanks given by:
Challenge Form
Title to Contest: EU
Current Date: 6-10-2014
Proposed Game Date: 6-10-2014 or whenever
Mode: LSS
Map: ac_arctic
Thanks given by:
f1 Hosta
Thanks given by:
I forgot about this and I just went back to school. Expect me in a month and a half when I finish my last exam. c;
Thanks given by:
EndGame defended his World Title vs Flint

[url][Image: 5iEgv5I.png?1][/url]
demo http://speedy.sh/n9dfy/20131206-0151-38....in-CTF.dmo

Also, EndGame claimed once again his South American Title

[Image: mZphqtr.png]
http://speedy.sh/4GYHm/20141003-1942-192...min-DM.dmo
Thanks given by:
Clan: Xtrem Warriors
In-Game Nickname: $w@rM3D*
Region:AF
Thanks given by:
YES AN AFRICAN
Thanks given by:
Does anyone have any idea where hosta's registration form is? XD
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 14, 11:09PM)Music Wrote: Does anyone have any idea where hosta's registration form is? XD

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7787-post...#pid154501

@Marti; I'm free all of tomorrow and Friday evening. Sorry I was kinda occupied with stuff today.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 14, 08:14PM)Marti Wrote: YES AN AFRICAN

Default unchallenged champion forever. \:D
Thanks given by:
Clan:None
In-Game Nickname:Huntsman
Region:OC
Thanks given by:
no way
Thanks given by:
Ah finally, some DM. Ill try to be on BoB Teamspeak up until the 10th.
Thanks given by:
well, Marti's lag annoyed me. After about two nadekills nowhere near me I gave up and just rushed at him like a retard, such a bs mode though.

cya in 3 days when I'll pick a skilled mode and make you rq midgame again. :D

EDIT: actually I'll be withdrawing from the tournament, in its current form it doesn't cater to skill on any level and I don't think actions are going to be taken to remedy this. was fun while it lasted though :o
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 14, 08:50PM)Vanquish Wrote: cya in 3 days when I'll pick a skilled mode and make you rq midgame again. :D

we will see about that lol

in the meantime call me EU champion pl0x

screen: [Image: XIyqfY0.jpg]

demo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lzksd8...in_LSS.dmo
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 14, 08:50PM)Vanquish Wrote: EDIT: actually I'll be withdrawing from the tournament, in its current form it doesn't cater to skill on any level and I don't think actions are going to be taken to remedy this. was fun while it lasted though :o

What would you like to see changed?
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 14, 09:18PM)Music Wrote:
(08 Oct 14, 08:50PM)Vanquish Wrote: EDIT: actually I'll be withdrawing from the tournament, in its current form it doesn't cater to skill on any level and I don't think actions are going to be taken to remedy this. was fun while it lasted though :o

everyone with a 5+ pingspike banned qq

edit: xemi y u no go for WC?
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 14, 09:19PM)Marti Wrote:
(08 Oct 14, 09:18PM)Music Wrote:

everyone with a 5+ pingspike banned qq

The regions were chosen to minimize ping differences..
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 14, 09:21PM)Music Wrote: The regions were chosen to minimize ping differences..

but not WC :)
Thanks given by:
Well your pingspikes were annoying, but I would never ban/kick/etc you for them. In my opinion it's not a reason for a ban or disqualification unless it's a significant ping spike (ie: from 80 to 120 or something) that actually has an effect on the outcome of an engagement or potentially even a frag. Even though some of your grenades (at the start mainly) were really laggy, I don't feel like I was cheated out of a win because of them. If I'd have stayed focused and not raged at them then I could have played better, but I didn't and that's my own fault. Anyway this wasn't what I meant.
EDIT: @your latest post, I am also not forced to challenge for WC which is why I hadn't done so despite having held my EU title for over a month.

Anyway, to my actual point:

I get that the aim of the tournament is to encourage versatility across all modes, but I feel like in effect it's somewhat discouraging that by encouraging players to pick their best modes and maps in order to get a chance at winning a title. Since there is no "backup" round to be played, I'd have preferred to see some kind of drop-drop or veto-based system so that, for example, Marti or Nightmare can't vote LSS twice in a row vs the same opponent for the same title, as they both have done. Similarly, I wouldn't be able to vote DM or w/e I want twice in a row. It doesn't encourage versatility when the only two modes I've played in this tourney are just DM and LSS, and all of the LSS games have been challenges from the same person back to back. Perhaps a random mode and map system could also be implemented for each challenge. It's pretty easy to write a python script to automatically randomise things from a list and in my opinion it'd tackle the problem of versatility much better. But it's a controversial idea so I'm not going to further the issue. Since I was asked to explain my point, that's it. :)
Thanks given by: