Poll: Which maps should be added? (Multiple Choice)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avenue
14.29%
15 14.29%
Cavern
6.67%
7 6.67%
Edifice
5.71%
6 5.71%
Lainio
21.90%
23 21.90%
Stellar
6.67%
7 6.67%
Swamp
20.95%
22 20.95%
Terros
10.48%
11 10.48%
Venison
13.33%
14 13.33%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

B} Leagues: Sign-Up
Ye ur a good boy DamDam ;)

But now to the solution:

Just don´t call a Tournament: League! & don´t try to organize a Tournament with League Rules. Then everything will be fine ;)
Thanks given by:
Subjective opinions deciding who is eligible for which league detract from the legitimacy of results.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 14, 12:46AM)Roflcopter Wrote: Subjective opinions deciding who is eligible for which league detract from the legitimacy of results.
Things are going to be subjective whether you like it or not. Whether Nightmare, or his friends and himself, or we vote democratically to choose what team goes to which cup it will always be based on subjective opinions. Can you please elaborate how this "detracts from the legitimacy of results?" In case I understood, you mean some teams will finish with worse results due to their placement in the gold cup while they would have done better in silver, and that is what detriments the validity of the outcomes?

If anything, I personally think it will aid raise the skill-level bar among less competitive and skilled teams. They might feel less motivated in the league due to the lower possibilities of victory, but I don't think most will simply not give a shit during the actual matches when facing top tier opponents; essentially, it gives a reason for lower skilled teams to prepare more and at least give up a good fight.
Thanks given by:
Results are largely determined by the players and teams in a league. But that is in turn decided by "the Council".
Thanks given by:
thats why everyone should be in 1 league, but some dont want diz
Thanks given by:
Council of Doom > Gold League's champion(whoever it ends up being)
Thanks given by:
Don't be glib Nightmare, criticism should be met with real arguments. I've seen quite a few times where you haven't properly addressed points people have made. It's a shame because the tournament is one of the best things happening in AC right now.
Thanks given by:
I liked wolf's reply. :)
I'm not sure what the complaint is exactly.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 14, 04:17PM)Nightmare Wrote: Council of Doom > Gold League's champion(whoever it ends up being)

I dont know how this is logically justifiable ... and I think this is the direction the complaint is taking
Thanks given by:
Shouldnt this thread be locked since the signups are closed?
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 14, 09:12PM)Robtics Wrote:
(03 Apr 14, 04:17PM)Nightmare Wrote: Council of Doom > Gold League's champion(whoever it ends up being)

I dont know how this is logically justifiable ... and I think this is the direction the complaint is taking

66% of the council of doom wanted one league, didn't happen. ggwp
Thanks given by:
council of doom + dictator
Thanks given by:
undy for dictator f1
Thanks given by:
i vote for electrum league
Thanks given by:
inb4 lock.

I'll try clarifying stuff though :)

Council is me(protector of silver)-vanquish(destroyer of souls)-waffles(waffles).
The council's one job is to split teams up into 2 leagues. It practically made itself this year though. We agreed on everything. The two semi-gold teams were probably M|A & .45 #2. Obviously .45's 2nd team wouldn't play if they were gold, they'd just sink back into one team. With silver's skill drop, and gold's rust, M|A got thrown into the gold. Waffles was pretty stout about .45 not being that OP in a league with players like titi around. Their gold cut fell to just Alea then. Overall, I like this year's balance a million times more than last year. All 6 silver teams have increased activity thinking they can win, and they can. Gold has a lot of inactive rust, it's hard to tell who will show up close to their old game, or who will come in out of shape and fail. The one team that may be screwed is M|A but we liked their chances against gold and think they are too OP for what silver turned out to be this time around.

As for 2 leagues, that's the reason I made this to start with. It had been 2-3 years of a couple clans saying they'd make a 2nd tier competition. Nothing came together. So it won't change unless we literally don't get enough sign-ups to support it. Also, I'm not sure many silver teams would sign up if it was one league. Pretty sure this is iF/Pi/PSY's first real tournament sign up ever. B} & AoX(formerly Ax) have never been past round 1 in a normal tournament, and had 1 combined win last league...when they played each other). .45 would obviously have 1 team instead of 2. It'd be the same gold league + AoX.

For lesser skilled teams, it's a bit different to sign-up into a single elim tournament. You practice, play a 30 min match, and try to shock the AC world with an upset victory. You lose, it's over. A league, we'd be talking 8 games in the 30-0 range. Not sure that's fun for either side. I saw those complaining about the league being smaller than last time. My response was killing the idea of Bronze league even if we had 20+ sign-ups(since that'd get the same complaint x2). We also leaned more teams into gold than silver(had 9 last year, 8 this year). If teams decide to go inactive/not show up, that's on them. Don't sign up if you can't manage this.
Thanks given by:
I like the above post.
Thanks given by:
For the record I was against changing .45's silver team at all :D
Thanks given by:
I totally agree with the decision of the council of doom because
[Image: y38dcoc5v498iqbfg.jpg]
=)
Thanks given by:
{BoB} Still alive lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: f55t1079p7012n4.jpg]

Aleaaaa for Gold!!! xD You know him so well!!!
Thanks given by:
(21 Apr 14, 09:23PM).45|miro Wrote: ...
Aleaaaa for Gold!!! xD You know him so well!!!
Just do not forget to make my payment.
:)
Thanks given by:
Psst!

[And yes... we didnt forget: You won 1 private week with Funcat ;)]
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 14, 09:17PM)Marti Wrote: Shouldnt this thread be locked since the signups are closed?
Thanks given by: