Poll: Which maps should be added? (Multiple Choice)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avenue
14.29%
15 14.29%
Cavern
6.67%
7 6.67%
Edifice
5.71%
6 5.71%
Lainio
21.90%
23 21.90%
Stellar
6.67%
7 6.67%
Swamp
20.95%
22 20.95%
Terros
10.48%
11 10.48%
Venison
13.33%
14 13.33%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

B} Leagues: Sign-Up
Pi_ versus w00p - I do not miss it ...
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 14, 10:50PM)Marti Wrote: iF vs B} game of the league

Could be. :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 14, 08:54PM)titiPT Wrote:
(20 Mar 14, 05:51PM)DrauL Wrote: Even iF can beat PB and we are non-competitive. <3
>implying

(20 Mar 14, 10:50PM)Marti Wrote: iF vs B} game of the league

'Tis on-ith
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 14, 05:58PM)Nightmare Wrote: *dusts off SMG* See you in Silver ;)

i'd like to call a motion, to keep this a single league so i actually have teams to play against.

all in favour, signal your approval.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 04:01AM)Undead Wrote:
(20 Mar 14, 05:58PM)Nightmare Wrote: *dusts off SMG* See you in Silver ;)

i'd like to call a motion, to keep this a single league so i actually have teams to play against.

Have the clans planned for gold break up into separate teams?
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 04:01AM)Undead Wrote: i'd like to call a motion, to keep this a single league so i actually have teams to play against.

+1
Thanks given by:
+1
to motion
Thanks given by:
The motion has been seconded. All those in favor say, all those opposed nay.

The ayes have it.

But seriously, why would you segment the teams.
Thanks given by:
Because there is a definitive line in skill. No point in playing you if theres no chance of winning.
Thanks given by:
well that's awfully defeatist.

nobody ever got better at anything by not trying.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 09:15AM)DrauL Wrote: No point in playing you if theres no chance of winning.

oNe hasn't won a tournament ever.
so therefore us playing in any tournament is pointless.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 09:15AM)DrauL Wrote: Because there is a definitive line in skill. No point in playing you if theres no chance of winning.

So are you saying you will lose against all teams? Because if teams are divided, you will have to play against some teams on the list, the only difference then will be that you will lose everything in Silver, instead of everything in Gold. I'd rather lose everything in Gold than in Silver.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 09:16AM)Waffles Wrote: well that's awfully defeatist.

nobody ever got better at anything by not trying.

It's being a realist.

(21 Mar 14, 09:42AM)Undead Wrote:
(21 Mar 14, 09:15AM)DrauL Wrote: No point in playing you if theres no chance of winning.

It's not about the collective.

(21 Mar 14, 10:07AM)Marti Wrote:
(21 Mar 14, 09:15AM)DrauL Wrote: Because there is a definitive line in skill. No point in playing you if theres no chance of winning.

So are you saying you will lose against all teams? Because if teams are divided, you will have to play against some teams on the list, the only difference then will be that you will lose everything in Silver, instead of everything in Gold. I'd rather lose everything in Gold than in Silver.

Low skilled clans have a chance in silver. Also I.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 10:38AM)DrauL Wrote:
(21 Mar 14, 09:42AM)Undead Wrote:

It's not about the collective.

first of all, i don't understand what you're trying to say, but i assume you don't get it. the point is, just because you don't win doesn't mean there isn't any fun in playing.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 11:58AM)Undead Wrote: but i assume

You know what they say.

(21 Mar 14, 11:58AM)Undead Wrote: just because you don't win doesn't mean there isn't any fun in playing.

You are right, but skill difference isn't fun. People create gold, silver leagues for a reason.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 12:06PM)DrauL Wrote:
(21 Mar 14, 11:58AM)Undead Wrote: just because you don't win doesn't mean there isn't any fun in playing.

You are right, but skill difference isn't fun. People create gold, silver leagues for a reason.

its more fun if there are more than 4 teams in a league.
Thanks given by:
There is 11 teams.
Thanks given by:
By the time they are divided, there will only be 5 or 6 in each category. Meaning that each team plays a maximum of 4-5 other teams. Historically a lot of clans were really unprepared, disorganized, or unwilling to play their matches in the last season of this league. FD are a great example of a team that had many opportunities to play but never wanted to, and they rightfully had to default-lose about five matches because of it. Nothing will change this time - people will always find excuses not to play.
So imo, realistically it's better to play ten teams and have two or three be unreliable (so you play about 7-8 games) than to play 4-5 and have one or two of them deny you the chance of playing (so you end up playing two matches over a 3-month period). If a team is not up to par, they will come last in silver just as they would in gold. Everyone plays everyone, so it's not like you won't have the opportunity to beat teams if you are better than them.

or am I understanding your post wrong (sry i'm tired)
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 01:32PM)Vanquish Wrote: Much quote.

It's not my decision anyway and hopefully iF will have enough people to play each time.
Thanks given by:
I get it that there is a high possibility of teams being unreliable. But i don't see the fun when you get owned for 30 mins constantly without even the slightest chance for a win.( its fun if you are on the winning side though).
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 03:01PM)Flames Wrote: I get it that there is a high possibility of teams being unreliable.

then we are agreed
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 01:32PM)Vanquish Wrote: Blablabla

I agree with what Vanquinius wrote. Theres nothing more annoying & boring than an inactive tournament where matches are played once every 2 months. If teams don't plan on being active enough to play regularly, they shouldn't register at all...

Also, to respond to DrauL, considering the amount of inactivity in AC, I believe many surprises can happen. In the end, it will all come down to who trained the most...
If you're willing to get better and have a shot for the tourney, start preparing right now and train some picks and your team will eventually be the huge surprise of this tournament.

It's not as if clans that used to be at the top have a skill level which is above every other clans. This rule isn't true anymore, because of the aforementioned inactivity.

PS : Wow, I never thought I'd use the word "aforementioned" ever in my life, ggwp
Thanks given by:
I remember suffering a devastating loss last season - we had a teammate crash out of our match against FD...
99-0 must've been a record somewhere.... It wasn't fun to get embarassed like that... But, win or lose, I am ready for anything now I think... However the league splits, or doesn't, |AoX| will be there.... For anyone who has any anxiety at the idea of playing some of these top-tier teams, I hope this will give you some perspective on the matter....
Thanks given by:
That's the spirit forever.

I got wrecked really badly for a long time in this game before I even got remotely good. I thought castiel was a cheater, hated undead, and when i was BoB got used to getting trashed on in tournament games.

Pull up your britches and lets make a game of it. Half the players in the "Gold" teams are so rusty its like playing pubs anyway.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 07:48PM)Waffles Wrote: Half the players in the "Gold" teams are so rusty its like playing pubs anyway.

only half?

shite
Thanks given by:
forever, try getting those pub clans to sign up that you know of. :) (you mentioned it a month ago that such clans may participate).
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 14, 07:48PM)Waffles Wrote: Half the players in the "Gold" teams are so rusty its like playing pubs anyway.

ikr
Thanks given by:
I'm not part of organising this but I do think it would be better for there to be just the one league. I can guarantee that most of the clans in this thread have said yes without putting much thought in, and I only said yes to being part of the B} roster because I might have time in 2 weeks to play more. We could be down to 2-3 clans willing to play at least half their games in each league.
Thanks given by:
I would like to register the team |S!cK|, which includes all LC members (www.legendary-cubers.tk) + Luck and Furios. There might be one further member added in the near future.

The reason why we are creating a mix team is unfortunately the inactivity of some LCs, but we would like to play all our games, thus we need some support from outside the clan.
Thanks given by:
Thought S!cK was like dam,horus& redbull ?
Thanks given by: