Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
seriously: you should check your trackpad settings. Some guy had a similar problem.
Thanks given by:
/mapshot seems to be creating these evil blood red overviews of the map, regardless of my current /screenshottype setting.

[Image: r7ons2.png]

win 7 32-bit - my gfx drivers are up to date.
Thanks given by:
Did you try fiddling around with /showmapbackdroptransparency and /showmapbackdrop ?
Thanks given by:
I do not believe that it should matter tbh, the only setting that seems to affect mapshots at all is screenshottype:

main.cpp Wrote:void mapshot()
{
string suffix;
switch(screenshottype)
{
case 2: copystring(suffix, "png"); break;
case 1: copystring(suffix, "jpg"); break;
case 0:
default: copystring(suffix, "bmp"); break;
}
defformatstring(buf)("screenshots/mapshot_%s_%s.%s", behindpath(getclientmap()), timestring(), suffix);
switch(screenshottype)
{
case 2: png_screenshot(buf,true); break;
case 1: jpeg_screenshot(buf,true); break;
case 0:
default: bmp_screenshot(buf,true); break;
}
}

and of course some stuff in the individual screenshot functions like:

main.cpp Wrote:if(mapshot)
{
extern GLuint minimaptex;
if(minimaptex)
{
glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, minimaptex);
glGetTexImage(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, tmp);
}
else
{
conoutf("no mapshot prepared!");
return;
}
}

I seem to recall mapshots working fine for me in 1104, i'll have a thorough test of it all when I get a chance though.
Thanks given by:
Maybe It doesn't like your mapping Bukz. Everything is out to get you! :O
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm... Thats real weird bukz, I don't see why that would be happening.
Thanks given by:
Bukz, does you do /clearminimap before perform /mapshot ?
Thanks given by:
that's a good Q Bugboy - also, are you running in windowed mode?
I've tried compiling the newest SVN code and I haven't had any trouble with creating new mapshots of existing maps - is this just with your map or with ALL maps?
Maybe your map has some weird light causing this .. but it'd have to be a seriously weird light!
Thanks given by:
It appears to be happening on all maps, running in fullscreen mode - I'll give clearminimap a try.

Edit: The first screenshot I posted was of ac_stellar. Heres some more, even with trying /clearminimap before each:

ac_edifice:

[Image: 34ynq1d.jpg]

ac_complex:

[Image: t9tv7m.jpg]

ac_rattrap:

[Image: 2rm14qv.jpg]

:/
Thanks given by:
(11 May 11, 11:49PM)Bukz Wrote: The first screenshot I posted was of ac_stellar.
I wondered which map it was, and couldn't figure it out. Now you've said that, I realise it's flipped top to bottom. I tested it myself with each screenshottype - bmp and png are flipping the maps, jpg is the right way up. I don't get the red at all.
Thanks given by:
hehe, I wasnt certain but thought it was stellar :)
Thanks given by:
Heh, didn't notice that flip issue, jamz - it's not a big problem though, easily fixed in any graphics-editor and a code-fix should be no big problem either. good catch!
Bukz you're doing this in 1.1.0.4, right - just double-checking - and you don't have any problem with the radar or showmap, right?! What happens with any regular screenshots you create? Also, please try to think back when you last could properly create such a mapshot and what you've been installing/deinstalling/upgrading on your system since then.
Thanks given by:
I've been testing in the SVN version - but after trying it on 1104, I notice it's happening there too. Starting to sound like a problem on my end somewhere.
Thanks given by:
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356...us_TDM.jpg

Very minor thing.
The carbine is called TMP M&A

on the bottom, left of the ammo count, it has it as TPM AM.
Thanks given by:
I think there's a bug with the maprot.

kuz i have a coustom server that has lots of maps and ive set them at 8 min for regular maps an 12 for gemas, but sometime on specific maps (i think) or maybe when i type in /gonext, either way the time limit isn't set to what i setup in my maprot. very few maps would show either 10 or 15 min when in my maprot i have them set for 8 or 12 min..

I think this is a minor bug, if not any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Could you confirm if this happens with /setnext as well? I assume it would but haven't tried it yet.
Thanks given by:
/setnext doesn't work in 1104...

----------------------------------------------

Also on another subject, Im testing the svn and it all works smoothly, i like the new stuff in the menus, wepon balances, and ive noticed pistol bullets upgraded to ten bullets instead of 6 or 8 watever it is.. Though I hate maprestriction..

Anyways, one minor bug-problem in svn, when I go to the keyboard menu and I bind the weapon menu to right shift, there's no reaction when i press right shift :/
Thanks given by:
Quote:I play AC with a trackpad. I can scope with the Sniper Rifle. However I can't shoot while scoping. Needless to say this really stinks. However the good news is I am good with no-scope. It doesn't work with all lvls though.

You can go to the menu, then Keyboard settings and set a new key for Special Action, then you scope with a LETTER and you shoot normally, thats how I do, and I can still aim some good HS, have been using it for 2 months ;)
If you use MacBook Pro, I found the letter E in the best position to quick scope, then you can just reset the keys when you want to coop, or change the letter for cooping mode.
Hope I helped ;)
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 09:24PM)Iguana Wrote: /setnext doesn't work in 1104...

wat
setnext works great in 1104! In fact, it works even better than the devs intended it to!

:S
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 11:04PM)V-Man Wrote: wat
setnext works great in 1104! In fact, it works even better than the devs intended it to!

:S

Never worked for me, i even read somewhere on these forums that it didn't work
Thanks given by:
Odd, I wonder why it never worked for you. Can't find the place where people say it's not working at all, but what I meant was that, even though it works, it has a bug that makes life difficult. XD
Thanks given by:
:P I'm referring to time, not how it works, and yes I know what you're saying XD
Thanks given by:
@setnext: Are you specifying mode? I have habit of typing
/setnext camper@camper
instead of
/setnext lss camper@camper
If you don't set a mode it fails without any sort of error message.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 04:00AM)Frogulis Wrote: @setnext: Are you specifying mode?
If you don't set a mode it fails without any sort of error message.

I do like /setnext dm ac_desert log out of server and log back in on a different map other then dm ac_desert then i do /setnext ctf ac_power and in the console it gives me an error saying that a map is already set and i cant set another map

or am i supposed to wait the whole game to finish so i can i see my setnext results next game? O.o
Thanks given by:
Huh. Does it succeed if you put only a mode?
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 05:00AM)V-Man Wrote: Huh. Does it succeed if you put only a mode?

lol XD whats the point?
I don't have a map called tdm dm pf lss or what ever mode there is >.<
/setnext only works if u do /setnext mode map

I just checked my above question, and doesn't even work if i wait the whole game in order to see me set map next game :/

Quote:Odd, I wonder why it never worked for you. Can't find the place where people say it's not working at all,
I proved u wrong, i win, u owe me a cookie :B
Thanks given by:
Huh? V-man, what you on about?

And it seems that you can't change a setnext vote.
Thanks given by:
not being able to change a setnext isn't the bug :P
Its the fact that it never fails.
Thanks given by:
Yes and oh I see.
I actually don't mind that feature/bug.
It makes going onto @camper servers and setnext-ing an official map so much more fun :D
Here's a suggestion:
setnext fails: the setnext mode/map gets played next, but it can be setnext-ed again.
setnext succeeds: the setnext mode/map gets played next, and the next game can't be voted again.
Thanks given by:
Could you please give a somewhat more exact description of this bug? So, if I understood you correctly, the setnext vote always has an effect, even if it seemingly fails?
Thanks given by: