Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
I was wondering if soemone can add a map switch to the server cmd line that blocks a string of a map name.. Theres already a switch that blocks individual maps like -Aac_douze, but im looking for a switch that blocks a string of a name like -S@camper so this command would block any map that has the words @camper in any form (ex: rifle@cAmpEr). So -S@camper would work the same way as blocking a players name blocki unarmed.

I hope this is something that can be added to the future releases of the server code.
Thanks given by:
@Iguana, I support this idea as well and it is already being discussed. People will have to be careful with it's usage of course.
Thanks given by:
-Sac_

This could be quite very rather useful. (the switch that is, not the example)
Thanks given by:
Actually, who says an extra parameter is needed for that? Not only are we starting to run out of letters, it's also confusing as hell.
If you wanted to keep douze out, you could still do -Aac_douze, and -A@camper for any @camper maps.
Thanks given by:
Sooo....
(27 Jun 11, 08:48PM)titiPT Wrote: Today i was playing arctic SURV with the_andyman and a weird thing happened. Although i was using the AR, 6 hits got registered in one round... Is this is known/fixed issue?

No-one?
Thanks given by:
Me and some my friends are able to kill someone through a wall:
If you push one of ur mates in the wall the guy on the other side of the wall can kill him :)

Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 07:07PM)cOGhost Wrote: Me and some my friends are able to kill someone through a wall:
If you push one of ur mates in the wall the guy on the other side of the wall can kill him :)
Um, that is a hack...
Thanks given by:
Oh yes I surely hack....
No Wolf, its like see ing a part of someones body out of the wall and then hit it..
Same is with weapons u sometimes see out of a wall

Find me in game if i must show it
Thanks given by:
No, it's not a hack. And it can't be fixed, either. Well, it could be fixed, but then you'd bump into people all the time.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the walls are too thin then o.O
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 07:53AM)Bukz Wrote: @Iguana, I support this idea as well and it is already being discussed. People will have to be careful with it's usage of course.

Lol someone blocks "ac_"
Thanks given by:
Its possible in depot, blue base
Thanks given by:
so anyways, i was in a random pub today... pwning as usual. And all of a sudden, me and a few other players hear this: "HEADSHOTTT, HEADSSSHOT, HEADDDSHOT, HEADSHOTHEADSHOTHEADSHOT HEAD-SHOT" until the end of the game and into the next one.
eventually it ends.

Now im not sure if someone was hacking or if there was just something wrong with the server, BUT because im a demigod, i got both the demos of the HEAD-SHOT spam.
If this is a problem in AC, it should be fix IMMEDIATELY.
Check it out:
(nearing the end of the game, you hear the spam)
http://encodable.com/cgi-bin/filechucker.cgi?action=landing&path=/&file=TKTF_ac_desert3_2011.06.30_2311.dmo
(And the second one its during most of the game.)
http://encodable.com/uploaddemo/?action=viewer&path=&file=HTF_ac_desert2_2011.06.30_2321.dmo
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 04:17PM)tempest Wrote: Actually, who says an extra parameter is needed for that? Not only are we starting to run out of letters, it's also confusing as hell.
If you wanted to keep douze out, you could still do -Aac_douze, and -A@camper for any @camper maps.

On all my servers i do use the -Aac_douze command but i use it to block team modes..

Anyways, that's not the point of the new switch im proposing..
The point of this new switch is so that people can use it for other reasons.

For instance, I have 2 coop servers where when u enter you are provided an empty no light template map so that u can coop your new map. Since a coop server is what its name suggests, then people can upload and play any map they want, but since its a coop server i get mad when ever i look at my server at times and see them playing an already finished map that i provide votable on anoter fully custom server, so once i find who voted that map i have to bl them for disobeying the server privlages/abuse and the idea that i provide with the template.. lately this is becoming more and more annoying, because these people think a coop server is a place where they can have a game on a custom map instead of cooping a new idea of a map. Also in my coop servers i have all official maps blocked in case some one makes a mess of playing an edited official map on a coop server, equaling a server ban..

but then again u do have a point with this
Quote:-A@camper for any @camper maps.
Thanks given by:
How about making * as a "wildcard" (maybe wrong word but im not from a English speaking country).

-A*@camper will block anything named .....@camper?
Thanks given by:
People will just rename it to something else
@crapmer @cramper
Thanks given by:
Then do as i have, turn off uploading maps to server unless admin.
Thanks given by:
Or just have switches for how harsh you want the map requisite checks to be (if I am correcting in remembering that these are done when the map is uploaded?).
Thanks given by:
or become the communist and blpock all new maps
Thanks given by:
Heres a bug: on some servers sometimes, AC Client will spam sounds randomly, this is not a hack, and please fix this huge bug, and i almost got blacklisted because of the bug
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 11, 08:35AM)Jg99 Wrote: Heres a bug: on some servers sometimes, AC Client will spam sounds randomly, this is not a hack, and please fix this huge bug, and i almost got blacklisted because of the bug

xD I think I may have seen this on the TYD Ladder a couple days ago.
Bunch of random off sounds, in-game sounds but ones that didn't make sense.
Though one guy got kicked and it was fixed...
Thanks given by:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339...rkctf.jpg/

Thanks given by:
cOGhost, do you have anyscripts installed? As the engine will almost never do this.
Thanks given by:
No.
Thanks given by:
lol, antinoob is so bad sometimes :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 11, 09:20PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: cOGhost, do you have anyscripts installed? As the engine will almost never do this.

alias wtfbug [echo "unknown command: noaction"; sleep 10 [echo "unknown command: noaction"]; sleep 10 [disconnect]; sleep 10 [echo "unknown command: noaction"]; sleep 10 [echo "unknown command: noaction"]]

Mmmh yes you added a bad script in your autoexec.cfg.
Thanks given by:
I was wondering if in the next release for the serverpwd.cfg, if there could be an option to ip bind claim admin passwords.

for instance, there is an option for this in the nicknameblacklist.cfg though its only to get into a server, not claim admin.
// clan whitelist example: a clan named 'DEV' with two members, 'foo' and 'bar'
// accept DEV|foo 1.2.3.4 // foo has a static IP; no password required
// accept DEV|bar 192.168.0.0/16 pwdpwd // bar has a dynamic IP from that range

The reason I'd want this option for the claim admin passwords, is mainly for security.
lets say i give admin to someone for my servers and they have a static ip, which is good, but here's where the bad part comes in a week or a month or when ever they tell someone else the admin pass so now that someone impersonates the original person i gave admin pass to, and there on my server claiming admin.
now this wouldn't have been a problem if the pass was ip binded, basically what i want.

so basically:
// list of additional server admin passwords
// WARNING: You can NOT use CubeScript in here!!
// one password per line

// Use the following scheme...
// password [denyadmin]
// For IP binded claim admin, use the following scheme..
// password [denyadmin] 1.2.3.4
// optional: if denyadmin is set to '1', the password can only be used to connect to the server in case of ban, not to claim admin

// example pass:
// password 1 or 0 optional IP // name of player claiming admin
// pass 1 0.0.0.0 // foobar
Thanks given by:
There's some bug with hitsound. After playing various matchs and inter a discovered it. Can you guys check it please?
Thanks given by:
Wow, what a precise description of the problem.
If you are talking about sounds being dropped then this is not limited to hitsounds, it seems to occur - on different systems - to different sounds; so far we have not found a clear source of the issue, nor a serves-all solution. Increasing the maximum-sounds-at-once value sometimes helps. maxsoundsatonce - default 32 - maximum 100. HTH.
Thanks given by:
@Iguana:
Until that proposition is implemented, you'll want to make sure admin passwords are issued only to non-gullible people.
Thanks given by: