Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
I get this error when trying to start Ac on svn rev6609

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3832/error476.jpg

maybe kiwi not done with fonts yet? :o
Thanks given by:
You need to recompile, or wait for a Windows build.
Thanks given by:
Team chat does not show up as team chat, everyone can see it when you are spectating
Thanks given by:
Correction:
You can see team chat if you are an admin in spec mode. Unless this is a SVN bug report?
Thanks given by:
EDIT: I'm an idiot.
Thanks given by:
SVN keeps crashing on me, within one minute of opening it. It's never done this before. So I blame a recent update. ;)
[Image: ace4553533104da299f5e21.png]

Thanks given by:
Any action you do that seems to trigger that?
Thanks given by:
Nope its happening randomly. Its happened as early as the "spawn in empty map" after the startscreen goes off. As late as trying to do a 1v1 bot deathmatch, but always within one minute of starting the game.
:'(

only possible "trigger" I could think of would be spawning but it hasn't showed that too consistently...
Thanks given by:
fixed (sorry, was my fault)
Thanks given by:
Fix confirmed. :D
GJ
Thanks given by:
AC (SVN) crashes upon /screenshot if /screenshottype == 1 (.jpg) - at least on Windows.
Thanks given by:
The old story again. I thought we no longer use libjpeg for exactly that reason?
Thanks given by:
- setadmin 0 causes crash in SVN. ;_;

- I have been able to use (player1 tks) and (player $cn tks) while playing with bots, but while in a multiplayer server, it always says 0 no matter what. ;_;
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 11, 08:51AM)V-Man Wrote: - setadmin 0 causes crash in SVN. ;_;
What revision ? What error do you get ?
I couldn't reproduce it :(

(22 Dec 11, 08:51AM)V-Man Wrote: - I have been able to use (player1 tks) and (player $cn tks) while playing with bots, but while in a multiplayer server, it always says 0 no matter what. ;_;
Yes, it's not possible to use it in MP ATM. Gonna fix that (will break compatibility with older revisions though)
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 11, 10:00AM)Luc@s Wrote: I couldn't reproduce it :(

* V-Man recompiles...
I'll get back to you on that, then...
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 03:33PM)mikebefore Wrote: I can't save maps that I create. I type /savemap ac_test and then it says writing to file ... and then on the next line couldn't save map to file or something like that. I was able to on the alpha.

Yeah....I had the same problem. You have to find your old maps folder delete that and then reinstall ac...should work then....and you still keep all your old maps
Thanks given by:
Still getting the bug you get in 1.1 where if you try to take a screenshot that's a jpeg. The game just crashes.
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 11, 10:00AM)Luc@s Wrote:
What revision ? What error do you get ?
I couldn't reproduce it :(

Revision 6741, compiled using MinGW on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. It seems to be a client problem, as the server doesn't even seem to receive the information that admin has been dropped. The server is unaffected.

No error messages -- the client bombs out (Windows kills it) without even an exception message. I can't see what in the code might cause this; it's never happened before. Completely odd.

I compiled the client and server binaries again, and the problem still happens.

It only occurs when I am connected, and have admin, and use the "setadmin" command with anything other than "1" for the first argument.
Thanks given by:
Ok. Please update your local SVN now, compile both client and server and try again, and tell me if it's fixed :)
Thanks given by:
Bug fixed! Good job, thanks for the quick response.
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem as Iguana - except on linux...
"cannot find default console font definitions ()"
Thanks given by:

- I have been able to use (player1 tks) and (player $cn tks) while playing with bots, but while in a multiplayer server, it always says 0 no matter what. ;_;

So many bugs, so little time.... Or something along those cliche lines..
Thanks given by:
FAIL.
forgot to compile, sorry!
Thanks given by:

Pup-up weapons, only with:
-sniper
-carabine
-shotgun

(semi-automatic weapons? btw: not the pistol)
Thanks given by:
Hi here is my personal wish list

Quote:Bigger maps

A votekick/voteban just like the previous version (in menu)

Icons or colors to show with what gun someone died

And the last but the most important a better chat system, something like Quake 3 (color and sound)..
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 11:51AM)juandante Wrote: Bigger maps

A votekick/voteban just like the previous version (in menu)

Icons or colors to show with what gun someone died

And the last but the most important a better chat system, something like Quake 3 (color and sound)..
1. Don't think it's possible with the the Cube engine.
2. Maybe, not sure why the devs removed it. I heard that it was removed to stop noobs from rage-kicking, but I don't know.
3. Already in the next version.
4. TBH, I think it's fine as is.
Thanks given by:
Well the chat system is not OK because if you say something people may never know it.

So it is not 'fine', additionally you can't go up it the chat history to know what someone said before.

With some different sounds or color or a simple message icon (the best in my opinion) it would be good (I don't ask the moon), or if the chat was just on top of the ammo down left. I don't see what you call 'fine' except if you don't play.
Thanks given by:
Press F11 and use + and - to scroll chat/console.
Also you can set a bigger default consize.
/consize 15
Or what ever you like.

If you say something people may never know?
What you mean?
If you uses teamchat (y) of course enemy team want know.
T = chat to all
Y = team chat

Or if someone has used /ignore on you they never know...
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 03:20PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Press F11 and use + and - to scroll chat/console.
Also you can set a bigger default consize.
/consize 15
Or what ever you like.

If you say something people may never know?
What you mean?
If you uses teamchat (y) of course enemy team want know.
T = chat to all
Y = team chat

Or if someone has used /ignore on you they never know...

Because it is not obvious on the screen that somebody just posted a chat message, if there is a lot of fight and people are very concentrated. So a good things to me would be to display a new chat icon on the screen at every new message or a similar idea (changing the position of the messages, colors, or sounds, or 'xxxx just said something' etc...)
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 06:34PM)juandante Wrote: Because it is not obvious on the screen that somebody just posted a chat message, if there is a lot of fight and people are very concentrated. So a good things to me would be to display a new chat icon on the screen at every new message or a similar idea (changing the position of the messages, colors, or sounds, or 'xxxx just said something' etc...)

In match i'm very concentrated on this "chat" cause i really want to see who kill who.
Thanks given by: