Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
Maybe separate the chat window from the kill feed ? Problem with this is covering up too much window space :\
Thanks given by:
Yes, I did this for another game I was working on before I took over AssaultCube. It can work quite well - simply put the frag-messages on the top right, the chat on the left - reduce space to half screen (minus space for clock if shown). Of course, that requires a bit more math in the rendering of the chat stuff - but frag-messages have a definite limit in size (MAXNAMELEN*width_of_W)*2 + spacing + width_of_frag_icons. That formula was wrong at first and it assumes one would want a "X f Y"-format of frag messages like: "Player-1 X Player-2" and again: where X (or whatever) would be the iconic display of the weapon in use .. which again requires a bit of code voodoo to make it work.
Thanks given by:
Found a bug in the svn, not sure where to put it, here looks good.
Anyway:

To replicate:
press and hold 'w' (to walk forwards)
press and release 's' (while still holding 'w')

when you press 's', you will start to walk backwards, as you should. However, when you release 's' you will stop moving, even though you are still holding down the 'w' key.

I am using Windows 7, and the movement is working fine for the 1104 installed on the same computer. The person I was playing with (Aekom) is also on Windows 7 but could not replicate this bug.
Thanks given by:
My guess is that this is an unintended consequence of this neat addition. I couldn't explain why it didn't work for Aekom, unless he has a overriding manual bind for S that puts it back to just "backward".
Thanks given by:
Wait, was the backward ladder climbing feature removed...?!
Thanks given by:
No. Adding it caused Lantry's bug.
Thanks given by:
Yep, I changed it to just
[cubescript]
bind "S" [ backward ]
[/cubescript]
and I don't have that bug anymore. Perhaps Aekom didn't have this bug because his saved.cfg still had the old bind with just 'backward' in it.
Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 01:58AM)Lantry Wrote: Perhaps Aekom didn't have this bug because his saved.cfg still had the old bind with just 'backward' in it.

Yeah you're right. I reset my binds and end up with the same bug.
Thanks given by:
menudirlist fail if you give an empty string as a second parameter
eg: /menudirlist "demos/" "" "demo $arg1"
I think that the problem is here:
else if(!strcmp(dirlist->ext, "cgz") /*&& (fileexists(jpgname, "r") || findfile(jpgname, "r") != jpgname)*/)
Thanks given by:
@ _29A: fixed in r6809 (hopefully) :D

Note: As far as I know, the 2nd argument of menudirlist is required for the command to work properly, giving it a empty string will never work. Nonetheless, AC shouldn't crash if you try, and that should be fixed now. :)
Thanks given by:
New mac bin:
http://minus.com/mMAI898sF

Try it, it should work even if it hasn't worked for you in the past.
Thanks given by:
If you stand on a clip that has 0 height and shoot upwards with a high-kickback weapon, you'll sink through it.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 10:43PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: If you stand on a clip that has 0 height and shoot upwards with a high-kickback weapon, you'll sink through it.
Yep, that's used a lot in gemas.
Thanks given by:
If you edit sound entities IDs with the scroll feature (hold [1] and scroll mouse wheel) each of the sounds loads, to the point that there's so many sounds you can't hear your gun shoot.

This lasts until you reload the map (deleting the sound entity doesn't stop it)

Apparently you are allowed to have negative sound slots, too.
Thanks given by:
When right clicking to throw nade right after reloading, it makes the gun shoot instead.
Thanks given by:
Not sure where to put this, but evanzo wants to know why some animations are in the files but (possibly)not seen in-game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwU3-S2Sfw&feature=plcp

The one at 0:38+ looks like a guy shaking dice before rolling them. Las Vegas Cube, gogogo.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 12, 12:47AM)Nightmare Wrote: Not sure where to put this, but evanzo wants to know why some animations are in the files but (possibly)not seen in-game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwU3-S2Sfw&feature=plcp

The one at 0:38+ looks like a guy shaking dice before rolling them. Las Vegas Cube, gogogo.

Hes obviously calling someone a wanker XD
Edit: Love the related videos
Thanks given by:
Bug In SVN 6900
[Image: bugsvn.gif]
if you shoot between two mapmodel appears effect of that shot hit the wall.
if you shoot in the player will kill him but the effect still happens.
if you shoot looking down occurs all normal.
Thanks given by:
Bug In SVN 6935
[Image: bugsvnrevision6935.gif]
Survivor mode when you stab the vest does not diminish the damage
Thanks given by:
That is a new feature, armor is ignored by knife.
Thanks given by:
This thread is for 1.1 bugs. The armor thing isn't implemented until the new release.
Thanks given by:
Ok so today me and bakos, my friend from |3i|, tested the SVN. We came across a couple bugs. Maybe someone has already brought these up but maybe not. They're still there and me and him have the latest versions.

1) When someone votes soemthing there is automatically an F1 (from the person who set the vote) if no one votes and the vote is F1=1 & F2=0 then the vote passes.
2) Shotgun on close range doesnt hit anything.
3) Once you use the ignore button you cant unignore. Out of 6 tries it only worked once for me.
4) When you pick up a flag on TKTF then the song comes on. After a couple of seconds the song just stops and another part of the song starts. It like has a pause and then starts with another part of the song, or another.

I hope this helps!

/bakos and skaelos
Thanks given by:
I was made aware of #2 and have made some time - sort'a "coming out of retirement" - to look into it. It's a bit obscure, I've posted a possible fix to Ärkefiende and it will be tested .. but since it only appears in MP (=network play) it [most probably] will be a hard bug to track.
#4 sounds like gibberish .. not in what you posted as such .. but it's .. weird .. not precise .. is this only you or can it be observed and/or duplicated (this would be hard evidence) on another system?!?
Thanks given by:
Yay go flowtron! let the Ac development contuinr for
the next release! ~ Bug when you shoot bullet
behind a flag, the bullets don't go through instead it
like hit the flags.
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 12, 03:53AM)flowtron Wrote: ...is this only you...

Well bakos had the exact same thing. The song started and then after I think it was 7 secs it stopped and quickly started from another part again.
Thanks given by:
It fades out and in again for me. I'm pretty sure it's meant to happen.

Also, I got stuck on a bot again. Return of the 1.0 glitch?
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 12, 12:58PM)Orynge Wrote: It fades out and in again for me. I'm pretty sure it's meant to happen.

Then it isn't that nice. It sounds kinda shit tbh.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 02:34PM)Skaelos Wrote: 1) When someone votes soemthing there is automatically an F1 (from the person who set the vote) if no one votes and the vote is F1=1 & F2=0 then the vote passes.
2) Shotgun on close range doesnt hit anything.
3) Once you use the ignore button you cant unignore. Out of 6 tries it only worked once for me.
4) When you pick up a flag on TKTF then the song comes on. After a couple of seconds the song just stops and another part of the song starts. It like has a pause and then starts with another part of the song, or another.

1) Works as designed; we got a new voting system
2) Fixed by Lucas!
3) Will look into that
4) It has been like that in 1.1.0.4 as well
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 07:46AM)jamz Wrote: this neat addition.

I know it's been months since this was posted, but I found another problem related to that bind: If you're on a ladder, facing towards it and you push S, you'll walk up the ladder, which feels very odd and means that the only way to actually climb down the ladder is to crouch with shift, which sort of awkwardly "drops" you off the ladder rather than really climbs down it.

I still get a huge kick out of the fact that everyone decided to make the whole ladder bug a feature.
Thanks given by:
In the maps menu, ac_ingress has a stray "or" in its message, in another line below the main message.
Thanks given by: