Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
I am of the opinion the smg is just a ****-hair weak. I could stand just an ever-so-slight increase in power....
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 10:29PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: The radar does that, it shouldn't be too hard to implement it to minimap... At the same time, this means you could probably use radar a bit more. Have you tried increasing radarheight?

I think I missunderstood eftertanke's question, the change would be only based on the team.

The idea is not to change the minimap for a big radar, it's just rotating it with a command to not to get confused when you are in one side or another.
Thanks given by:
This is a good idea.
Always have minimap show your home base (IMO) at the bottom.
Thanks given by:
I concur.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 07:23AM)MisterAJ Wrote: Gotta say, the n00btube is way overpowered.

Just to prove a point, not just to the gang I was playing with, but my self as well, I did a round with the shotgun. (Shotgun = n00btube, in case you wondered)

I was just wading trough people. I had no problem ending up as #1.
First to 10 kills.
First to 20
ended up with 58, and 4-5 stolen flags.

It was just "run-aim like a blind man-kill-repeat"...

I don't like to play like that, there is no challenge and ergo no fun.
And playing a round with the carabin/sniper/whatever, trying your best to use not just proper weapons tactics, but team-tactics, and then just have a n00b come along and say "Hurr Durr I n00b, I so kewl and flying trough the air and doesn't afraid of anything, durrrrrrrrrrr"... Seriously annoying.

So congratz for owning noobs : D.

If you play shoty vs a halfskilled player, he'll get how you play if you kill/splatter him once, and then he will find a way to make your shoty useless
Thanks given by:
again... there is no one weapon to all maps...
there is no sense to talk about the weapon effectiveness without talking about map and tactics.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 11, 05:09AM)Brahma Wrote: again... there is no one weapon to all maps...
there is no sense to talk about the weapon effectiveness without talking about map and tactics.

That's true but right now AC has become AC_douze CTF /OSOK or the NOOB maps like Headshot city or twin towers, theres no room for tactics when half of the enemy team runs like a headless chicken with a shotgun even if you beat 2 or 3 of them there's always another one shooting you from a distance. But i have fate that this change :)

Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 07:23AM)MisterAJ Wrote: "Hurr Durr I n00b, I so kewl and flying trough the air and doesn't afraid of anything, durrrrrrrrrrr"... Seriously annoying.
Wait, what? You do realize this is a videogame and there are no real life consequences for getting fragged right?

* eftertanke is shocked you're still posting here

(08 Jan 11, 03:57AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: This is a good idea.
Always have minimap show your home base (IMO) at the bottom.
I agree and disagree. I read left to right, so I would want my base to be at the left of a horizontal map. Someone who reads s RTL language primarily will probably feel the opposite way. Language is probably only one factor. I think over all it's a preference, so it should definitely have an option to turn it off. It may throw some players off. Although I'm not sure. I don't know anyone I can ask to confirm.
Thanks given by:
That was the point of ZKarius making it work with a command like /minap 1 2 0 get it??
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I'm welcome to the idea!
Thanks given by:
LETS MAEK ROKET LOWNXER THEN WE HAVE 1 WEPN FOR ALL MAPS AND EVrY1 WILL USE 1 WEPN AND GUN BALANS IS GOOD WHEN ONLY 1 GUN GUISE hi
Thanks given by:
Go away.
Thanks given by:
That's the kind of things we don't need and a good impersonation btw
Thanks given by:
Ok Guys,

There are new bins up in the SVN, sporting a new shotty. Please try out. They are temprorary test bins, source is not in sync with these.

Anyhow, it would be great if you could try them out. A tad less damage, and a whole new code to the spread behaviour, let's see how it goes. Bad aim will now get you bad damage (instead of missing by 2 meters and still splattering). I will be in irc the next couple of days trying to get some test-games going.

It might still be too strong. Just test and see how it feels and give some feedback please.
Thanks given by:
Sorry it doesnt work. Shotgun doesnt work at all and sniper does all headshots.

Ok we tested a bit more and some people's snipers worked normally, some did all headshots. My own did headshots on jamz' server in the first test. Then it did on my server, but after playing power CTF, it worked normally on DM douze, as did Ruth's and samsatt's. Gibstick remained as the only headshotting sniper. Ruth had compiled the latest SVN by himself, the others used ärke's bins.

The shotgun very rarely does a little bit of damage (like 1hp), but most of the time does nothing.

Also Gibstick's and my SVN AC version crashed a lot. (Complete freeze with the screen remaining stable, killed by taskmanager).

AND THE AKIMBO IS STILL AT 10 SHOTS ONLY. (Forgive my shouting.)
Thanks given by:
Shotgun: rarely hits at all, even at point blank range.
For the weapons that do work, SMG is excellent, feels powerful. The AR isn't as easy now, but we got used to it. I didn't notice any changes with the carbine.
The new armour pickup sounds are nice too, they help pinpoint enemies.
Demos for games are at http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=0992...4050924824.
Thanks given by:
I just tried it on a LAN server. I certainly didn't have the same issues as Panda and Gibstick with the shotgun, although I did have instagib snipers.
The shotgun play was a lot more 'realistic', losing the odd piece of health here and there with long range or off-target shots. Close range shots were less destructive than the current release, and I couldn't get any 'splats'. I didn't have an issue of no damage being done, with either player.
Thanks given by:
Sorry guys, we thought we had that bug fixed (not shooting anything, etc).

Don't compile this, the SVN sources are NOT in sync with the bins!!

We'll try to get it working as soon as possible.

Jamz: Splats are off atm.
Thanks given by:
I wanna test it U_U no bins for Mac though
Thanks given by:
I tested a bit with Castiel and the shotgun seems to be way underpowered now. We considered it useless for 1:1 playing and switched to SMG and AR on desert. I played SMG and it seemed ok while his AR had a hard time killing me. But that's just from 1 game with 200 pings vs. an "unknown" (for me in 1:1) oppenent.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3008/...esertd.jpg

After that I played SMG vs AR with gibstick and I complained that I had to use the SMG on arctic, which seems like a map clearly better for AR, but I was terribly wrong.

I easily win with SMG:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2205/...rctics.jpg

But the AR win was hard-earned and he survived a lot with 7hp left or my shots which I think clearly hit just missed...

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6921/...rctics.jpg

In conclusion: SMG is much stronger than AR now.

I also have the demos if you're interested. Note: the accuracy on the last 2 screens is meaningless.
Thanks given by:
Just played some more with Panda.
SURV on ac_arctic, Panda with SMG and I had AR. The results weren't impressive; I lost by 20 or so.

Then the same thing, weapons switched.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5571/...rctics.jpg
^Apanda shouldn't be that easy of an opponent, especially when it's SURV. The 100 armour you spawn with should have an impact, but it didn't seem to - sometimes I was left with high armour and very low hp. While the sniper and SMG are beefed up, it only seems fair to beef up the AR as well, or at least not nerf it as much (from 1104).

Edit: also notice how our accuracy is almost the same in the second matchnvm he rifled jump quite a bit. My accuracy didn't change from 1104 to SVN, usually always 30% for AR and SMG.
Thanks given by:
And how about making new weapons ?
Thanks given by:
Don't start down that road again. New weapons are beyond the scope of this thread, which should cover opinions on the balance of current weapons (or those in the SVN) or overall gameplay impressions. Take new weapon discussion to the ideas thread, please.
Thanks given by:
OSOK in CTF mode 0.0
I had a dream like this, but I dont think that works,
i think the 1.1.4 version is fine, just everything.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1666.html
Thanks given by:
(12 Jan 11, 11:54PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1666.html

I've been away for long months of ac,
i'm outdated :(
but really i had this dream,
or a premonition, k
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 11, 04:31PM)eftertanke Wrote: Wait, what? You do realize this is a videogame and there are no real life consequences for getting fragged right?
* sigh
Time for you to take a nap...

Posted by JMM - 09 Jan 11 03:41PM
LETS MAEK ROKET LOWNXER THEN WE HAVE 1 WEPN FOR ALL MAPS AND EVrY1 WILL USE 1 WEPN AND GUN BALANS IS GOOD WHEN ONLY 1 GUN GUISE hi

I lol'd...

Good thing the shotgun is getting tweaked...

Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 08:13PM)MisterAJ Wrote: * sigh
Time for you to take a nap...
Care to expand on that?
Thanks given by:
Try using the PM feature to ask that question, eftertanke.
And to answer it, if you do, AJ.
Thanks given by:
I played SVN recently and AR is really overpowered... I could frag some guys closing my eyes after the first bullet... Also I dunno why, looks armour is stronger.... ?
Thanks given by: