Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
Ar has been nerfed compared to 1.1.0.4. Armour is the exact same.
Thanks given by:
No need to continue the conversation. I decided I don't care before and I shouldn't have went back on that decision for the amount of time that I did.

I can definitely tell that the SMG is more powerful, but I don't have an opinion one way or the other.
Thanks given by:
watch as the sniper dominates AC again, great balance everyone
Thanks given by:
So it's balance? Or the sniper it's overpowered?? (btw was abot time xD)
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 11, 06:19PM)makkE Wrote: Ar has been nerfed compared to 1.1.0.4. Armour is the exact same.

I give you my feelings... But if you don't want to listen
Thanks given by:
I do want to listen. But if you think that AR has become stronger - it just can't be :) . That doesn't mean I neglect that you feel the AR is too strong. It might still be too strong, I know. Once the shotgun is tamed, I will have another look at the AR.
I think one of the problems is, that AR was never used much in previous versions, because it was too hard to handle. Now it seems to turn out, that it's damage might be too much if the handling is more convenient. (even if less convenient again in SVN, compared to 1.1.0.4).
Thanks given by:
I don't use much other than the AR haha.
Thanks given by:
Sniper > SMG > AR > Carbine > SG for pretty much all maps at the moment in SVN (given equal, very high skill). So we are back to 1.0.4 more or less ;)
Thanks given by:
weapon balance is a catastrophe, there must be a time where you stop listening to the public and actually play with the weapons
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 11, 04:31PM)eftertanke Wrote: Wait, what? You do realize this is a videogame and there are no real life consequences for getting fragged right?

+1 to that :)

I tried a little the bin from SVN, but I would like to share my opinion about game balance.

IMO, game balance it's all but not giving all weapons equal chances of kill. I believe each weapon should have it's own purpose.

Thus I am not a shotgun player, I would take it as an example (as most people are complaining with it). Shotguns are intended for close combat, if you face them in a short corridor you should have almost no chances to win, unless they miss the shot of course :P. I don't think shotgun players are any noobs at all, they still need to get near you for the frag, so your movement to void them is simple as walk forward.

As somes said above, there may be maps that 'promote' or 'helping' the use of certain weapons, but it is something common on most games. However, this maybe another topic apart, when I purposed weapon limits (1 only shotty per team for example) on matches for DL most people where complaining for their freedom... I see a little contradiction in there.

Thanks all for your time, I hope my opinion has been of help for the devs,
GGz!
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 11, 04:31AM)Panda Wrote: Sniper > SMG > AR > Carbine > SG for pretty much all maps at the moment in SVN (given equal, very high skill). So we are back to 1.0.4 more or less ;)

The sniper in 1104 is very good already, even with my mediocre hitpercentage.

[Image: 20110115_18.11.40_ac_power_TKTF_cr.jpg]

The problem with AC balancing is that you change too many things at once. You lowered sniper damage AND added lots of armor in 1.1. Now for 1105 you will up the damage to the old value AND introduce more pistol rounds which will make snipers dominate easily. To my mind a sniper damage that requires a minimum of 2 pistol rounds together with the bigger pistol clip will be fine. If not maybe make the pistol shoot a little bit faster.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 11, 10:10PM)makkE Wrote: I do want to listen. But if you think that AR has become stronger - it just can't be :) . That doesn't mean I neglect that you feel the AR is too strong. It might still be too strong, I know. Once the shotgun is tamed, I will have another look at the AR.
I think one of the problems is, that AR was never used much in previous versions, because it was too hard to handle. Now it seems to turn out, that it's damage might be too much if the handling is more convenient. (even if less convenient again in SVN, compared to 1.1.0.4).

sorry for the way I said it lol was maybe not the best;
I mean, AR looks too strong comparing to other weapons. Against SMG, it's too strong, as it is against shotgun; I dunno against sniper & carbine (didn't try, anyway I'm not good with this weapons)
Thanks given by:
Why add more pistol rounds and sniper damage? That will just lead to an even more powerful sniper than the one we had in 1.0.4. I believe leaving the sniper damage as it is, and either adding more pistol rounds or making it a little faster would be more appropriate.

Although, the sniper currently is quite good enough.
Thanks given by:
pistol faster +1, but if your finger it's fast that's not an issue :)
Thanks given by:
[Image: 349dtsx.png]

You can see the flags are off the center of their base (circle), and it is the same story for the radar. This can be quite confusing specially when you use a high radarentsize and want to know who has the flag when 3 players are close together. This was perfectly fine in 1.0.4, though. Why is this that way now?
Thanks given by:
Wolf: radarfactor 0 will fix part of it but it won't center the flags on the circles.
Thanks given by:
That screen was taken with /radarfactor 0 already enabled.
Thanks given by:
yes, I'm aware I still need to rework the radar - sorry, but it's quite involved so I need to have less on my plate - like the current catastrophic shotgun WIP code - then I'll fix it up.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks given by:
Shotgun has no power in the svn, and aswell as smg has to much recoil.
Thanks given by:
apanda and I found the opposite to be true, the SMG is more powerful than the AR now and we were quick to adapt. So what is wrong: is the SMG too powerful or is the AR too weak?
Thanks given by:
New, more recent thread:

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2074.html
Thanks given by: