Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
I think if you increase the sniper damage but increase the reload time it would become more realistic.
With the nades you may want to inrease there effective range but decrease total damage the further out you are.
the rest of the weapons are good.

perhaps you could also change the armor setting to include Vest 35: Helmet 25: Gloves 15.
Thanks given by:
It's not about realism! Increase the reload time by how much? The maps on AC are small, with very little opportunity to snipe from a distance as-is (by map-restriction-design). If you increase the reload time you'd effectively render the sniper rifle useless.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 09:04PM)Ramius Wrote: armor [...] Gloves 15.
No comment.

For the sniper rifle, why can't you people just stop b*tching about it? It's quite good as it is IMO, and some other weapons are much more important to tweak atm.
Thanks given by:
Gotta say, the n00btube is way overpowered.

Just to prove a point, not just to the gang I was playing with, but my self as well, I did a round with the shotgun. (Shotgun = n00btube, in case you wondered)

I was just wading trough people. I had no problem ending up as #1.
First to 10 kills.
First to 20
ended up with 58, and 4-5 stolen flags.

It was just "run-aim like a blind man-kill-repeat"...

I don't like to play like that, there is no challenge and ergo no fun.
And playing a round with the carabin/sniper/whatever, trying your best to use not just proper weapons tactics, but team-tactics, and then just have a n00b come along and say "Hurr Durr I n00b, I so kewl and flying trough the air and doesn't afraid of anything, durrrrrrrrrrr"... Seriously annoying.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 09:57PM)tempest Wrote:
(04 Jan 11, 09:04PM)Ramius Wrote: armor [...] Gloves 15.
No comment.

For the sniper rifle, why can't you people just stop b*tching about it? It's quite good as it is IMO, and some other weapons are much more important to tweak atm.

the sniper it's important too, don't make it less
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 07:23AM)MisterAJ Wrote: Gotta say, the n00btube is way overpowered.

Just to prove a point, not just to the gang I was playing with, but my self as well, I did a round with the shotgun. (Shotgun = n00btube, in case you wondered)

First to 10 kills.
First to 20

And playing a round with the carabin/sniper/whatever, trying your best to use not just proper weapons tactics, but team-tactics, and then just have a n00b come along and say "Hurr Durr I n00b, I so kewl and flying trough the air and doesn't afraid of anything, durrrrrrrrrrr"... Seriously annoying.

public matches?, your arguement is invalid
Thanks given by:
MisterAJ I've played with you and you are probably one of the worst players I've ever played with. Both in attitude and skill.

Therefore your argument and opinions are worthless to me.
Thanks given by:
Seeing how that comes from a n00btuber, I'm gonna go ahead and not care about your POV
Thanks given by:
Why can't the AR's damage be reduced to 22 or 21? It would still kill in 5 shots but it would take away some of it's devastating power when it comes to killing armoured players. Also would allow you to lose a bit of health and not get pummelled in 4 shots.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 07:23AM)MisterAJ Wrote: Gotta say, the n00btube is way overpowered.

First to 10 kills.
First to 20

I had a 30 ratio with the sniper last month. It must be unbalanced.
Thanks given by:
Yeah every weapon used well it's a monster and hinestly the level of skill in ac it's not the best right now, there are no competitive servers only osok douze/desert or CTF douze, never the less, we know the shotgun it's overpowered but it's powerless in the wrong hands like it is the AR the SMG or the Sniper.
Thanks given by:
However, i do see the carbine as the weaker weapon.
By weaker i mean harder to master, for to be used at its maximun splendour one must have at least 80% accuracy. Or else the smgs and ars will rape him.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 10:06PM)titiPT Wrote: However, i do see the carbine as the weaker weapon.
By weaker i mean harder to master, for to be used at its maximun splendour one must have at least 80% accuracy. Or else the smgs and ars will rape him.
True words, my man, and that is why I like it... the challenge. :-)
(05 Jan 11, 08:36PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Yeah every weapon used well it's a monster and hinestly the level of skill in ac it's not the best right now, there are no competitive servers only osok douze/desert or CTF douze, never the less, we know the shotgun it's overpowered but it's powerless in the wrong hands like it is the AR the SMG or the Sniper.
Eeeeerh... I see what you are saying, I do...
however...
This whole "I aim like a blind man, and still come out on top" stuff gets a bit old really fast. at least to me, and I've been playing for quite some time now.
I know there are people with a differentiating opinion on this subject, and thats OK.

I just hope that ONE overpowered weapon doesn't eventually chase away old-timers and make AC into a n00b-festival for 14 YO. wanting to prove that they are better than what Call of Duty: BO is telling them, if you catch my drift...
Thanks given by:
I have same opinions /shotgun is overpowered for me/ like MisterAJ, and public matches are important too, isnt?
Thanks given by:
[/quote] from titiPT:

I had a 30 ratio with the sniper last month. It must be unbalanced.

Wow Bravo, in public I bet?

Try the same in an inter (Not depot) or 1v1 survivor and u will lose against every player who can use the ar or smg well.

Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 11, 09:56AM)cOGhost Wrote: Wow Bravo, in public I bet?

Try the same in an inter (Not depot) or 1v1 survivor and u will lose against every player who can use the ar or smg well.

You are missing the point.
EDIT: a skilled sniper always has a change against those ARs and SMGs.
Thanks given by:
That's the whole point of this topic to balance the weapons did you even read the thread??
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 11, 09:30AM)etch Wrote: public matches are important too, isnt?

One would think so, seeing how this game is "share-and-care"-ware...
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 11, 06:21PM)titiPT Wrote:

Says a guy who never plays with a sniper.

+ a skilled AR player beats the skilled sniper.

In 1.04 it was indeed different and the AR player would get pwnd but not in this version. Maybe tdm a sniper would be great but in ctf it's almost become useless in inters or clanmatches (exept in depot).

PS: No I only saw this page.
Thanks given by:
In 1.1.0.4 snipers go for only hs. If sniper power increases we will have to go back to aiming on the body.
Thanks given by:
Meh. I'm not good, but all the same I have generally good results with the sniper. That may come from the fact that I can no-scope (which apparently is extremely noob-ish however.)
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 09:47AM)cOGhost Wrote:
(06 Jan 11, 06:21PM)titiPT Wrote:

Says a guy who never plays with a sniper.

In 1.04 it was indeed different and the AR player would get pwnd but not in this version. Maybe tdm a sniper would be great but in ctf it's almost become useless in inters or clanmatches (exept in depot).

PS: No I only saw this page.

(07 Jan 11, 10:52AM)SiL3nT Wrote: In 1.1.0.4 snipers go for only hs. If sniper power increases we will have to go back to aiming on the body.

Have either of you even bothered to look at any other posts in this thread or the SVN? The current SVN version has the sniper + pistol killing anything equal to or below 100 - 25(100 health 25 armour)

So maybe download the SVN and give some feedback on how you think it is?

While sniper + pistol may now only need one pistol shot, I think that having a helmet(25) armour should at least prevent death, meaning 2 pistol shots are needed for 25 armour and above, otherwise kinda means helmets are useless against snipers.
Thanks given by:
Castiel is right.

Also, I wonder why you guys keep discussing the shotgun, since we agreed months ago that it's overpowered and that it will get nerfed and get better code.
Thanks given by:
Because they assume 1.1.0.4 contains your current sentiments on the weapon balance.
Thanks given by:
This may be kind of out of topic, but it's part of the gameplay, at least for me: how about to implement a command that allow us to change (rotate) the position of the minimap? This would be very helpful in matches for players like me that use this feature a lot. Sometimes I get confused when the minimap is not in a good position. Let me show you an example.

This is the minimap in ac_power RVSF side:
[Image: 5759563minimap1.jpg]

Now, if we change the position with a command to this:
[Image: 5759537minimap2.jpg]

Also in some maps whose minimap is horizontal, we would change it to vertical and get a better view of it.

what do you think?
Thanks given by:
You mean rotating the map based on your team or based on which direction you are currently facing?
Thanks given by:
Both, the pictures above explain you better.
Thanks given by:
The radar does that, it shouldn't be too hard to implement it to minimap... At the same time, this means you could probably use radar a bit more. Have you tried increasing radarheight?
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 09:47AM)cOGhost Wrote: Says a guy who never plays with a sniper.

A very skilled sniper gets his headshot and moves on :D

And how do you know which weapons i use, hum?
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 07:26PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: Both, the pictures above explain you better.
That's what I thought.
(07 Jan 11, 10:29PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: The radar does that, it shouldn't be too hard to implement it to minimap... At the same time, this means you could probably use radar a bit more. Have you tried increasing radarheight?
And that would have been the jist of my response to it lol.
Thanks given by: