Nice :)
Thanks given by:
I didn't understad the images :S
Thanks given by:
Then look up "tread" in a dictionary.
Thanks given by:
Ooooooh i kinda knew i spell it wrong but, yeah xD
Thanks given by:
Well, if we cant have any rocket launchers, then why don't we have weapons that spawn like power-ups around the map? Like in ctf, both teams get a LMG spawn in there base, and these "pick-up weapons" would be slightly more powerful than normal weapons, then the DM would have more competition to get to the pick-up gun first, instead of camping with the real noob tube. (Shotgun)
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 01:34AM)mogthor Wrote: Well, if we cant have any rocket launchers, then why don't we have weapons that spawn like power-ups around the map? Like in ctf, both teams get a LMG spawn in there base, and these "pick-up weapons" would be slightly more powerful than normal weapons, then the DM would have more competition to get to the pick-up gun first, instead of camping with the real noob tube. (Shotgun)

The most amazing poer up you have it's called skills, if you have to be a camper and use shotgun it's not our fault learn the map know where is every single one of the pick ups, be there before your enemy and practice a lot even if it is with shotgun :)

Thanks given by:
New players consistently post on these forums asking developers to add features from other FPSs and the response has always been the same: AssaultCube is intended to be fast paced and simple.

mogthor I would suggest you refrain from posting here until you can understand that or you're going to get yourself in trouble. I'm shocked you haven't already, considering you've been told this multiple times and you completely ignore people saying so.
Thanks given by:
Assault cube is slow paced compared to cube2...
Thanks given by:
^^^100% agree...If AC was made to be fast paced, we would have rocket launchers. I can state my opinion, its up to everyone else to flame, troll, and spam me. Its up to the devs to use my ideas. The devs might not even read this, so just because I am posting my opinion, doesn't mean the game will change!
Thanks given by:
Shit, why don't you just give me a nuke?
Ill blow us all sky-high.

If you like a rocket launcher go play a game that has it.
Or freaking change the look of your AR, SMG or what ever to a rocket launcher.
Thanks given by:
I'm not flaming mogthor. You simply continue to suggest features like that and I'm telling you why most people have begun to ignore you now.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 03:05AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Shit, why don't you just give me a nuke?
cause you have to get 25 kills first!
Thanks given by:
I got it. ;)
Here are the AC Ladder scores for January 2011.

Here are the overall scores for the AC Ladder - 2010
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 02:55AM)mogthor Wrote: ^^^100% agree...If AC was made to be fast paced, we would have rocket launchers. I can state my opinion, its up to everyone else to flame, troll, and spam me. Its up to the devs to use my ideas. The devs might not even read this, so just because I am posting my opinion, doesn't mean the game will change!

If you wanna change things that bad why don't you go to another game?, you ignore what we tell you several times, so please dude understand this, this thread isn't for you to ask things it's for you to tell the devs what you think may help balance the game oh yeah the devs read this -maybe if you read a little you see makke and flowtron answering us-

Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 02:55AM)mogthor Wrote: ^^^100% agree...If AC was made to be fast paced, we would have rocket launchers. I can state my opinion, its up to everyone else to flame, troll, and spam me. Its up to the devs to use my ideas. The devs might not even read this, so just because I am posting my opinion, doesn't mean the game will change!

Hope you realize that you are trolling yourself. AC is fast paced. People like you really piss me off, you come to hear to cry about the game when you have no experience, let me guess; you have played two weeks this game? You need to realize that this isn't Call of Duty, Medal of Honor or some other over produced kid game. What AC is now, makes it special. If dev's would add rocket launchers, revolvers or what ever you want to have it, it would become a Quake clone.
Thanks given by:
Since it seems that everyone is anti-new weapons, then why don't we try to balance the weapons we already have? Like someone pointed out earlier, the sniper, shotty, and SMG are the only weapons that are really used because all the other weapons are crap. Maybe putting our collective intelligence into refining and perfecting the weapons that are currently in our possession, we can make this a much better game, instead of a game where 50% of the weapons are crap.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 06:49PM)mogthor Wrote: why don't we try to balance the weapons we already have?

Someone needs to re-read this thread.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 06:49PM)mogthor Wrote: Since it seems that everyone is anti-new weapons, then why don't we try to balance the weapons we already have? Like someone pointed out earlier, the -->sniper, shotty, and SMG<-- are the only weapons that are really used because all the other weapons are crap. Maybe putting our collective intelligence into refining and perfecting the weapons that are currently in our possession, we can make this a much better game, instead of a game where 50% of the weapons are crap.

Yeah.. you really need to start playing AC mate!
Just cus you can't shoot with the ar or the carbine doesn't make them suck :D
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 06:49PM)mogthor Wrote: Since it seems that everyone is anti-new weapons, then why don't we try to balance the weapons we already have? Like someone pointed out earlier, the sniper, shotty, and SMG are the only weapons that are really used because all the other weapons are crap. Maybe putting our collective intelligence into refining and perfecting the weapons that are currently in our possession, we can make this a much better game, instead of a game where 50% of the weapons are crap.

Surprise surprise, the thread is about Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion. You're a real Sherlock, we should discus about the balance, not about the rocket launchers.
Thanks given by:
This is a Saturnalia Miracle, anyways can someone tell me how's the SVN going??
Thanks given by:
I want stinging insults about my opponent's mother as my primary weapon!

With an overpowered shotgun for backup.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 07:17PM)titiPT Wrote: Yeah.. you really need to start playing AC mate! Just cus you can't shoot with the ar or the carbine doesn't make them suck :D

But they are not balanced! A pro can use a carbine, but will get owned by some noob spraying with a SMG or shotty. And there is really no difference between the AR and SMG, but one is harder to control.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 12:48AM)mogthor Wrote:
(03 Jan 11, 07:17PM)titiPT Wrote: Yeah.. you really need to start playing AC mate! Just cus you can't shoot with the ar or the carbine doesn't make them suck :D

But they are not balanced! A pro can use a carbine, but will get owned by some noob spraying with a SMG or shotty. And there is really no difference between the AR and SMG, but one is harder to control.

Armour "penetration" varies greatly for SMG and AR.

and have you started using the carbine or something? :D
Thanks given by:
Change the sound of the carbine please. It's sounds like someone is electricuting someone else
xD
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-45-post-1...ml#pid1316
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 11:28AM)pweaks Wrote: What AC is now, makes it special. If dev's would add rocket launchers, revolvers or what ever you want to have it, it would become a Quake clone.
I like Quake though :)

(03 Jan 11, 07:55PM)Darkbee Wrote: I want stinging insults about my opponent's mother as my primary weapon!
F1

(04 Jan 11, 12:48AM)mogthor Wrote: But they are not balanced! A pro can use a carbine, but will get owned by some noob spraying with a SMG or shotty. And there is really no difference between the AR and SMG, but one is harder to control.
And... ignored.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 06:26AM)eftertanke Wrote: I like Quake though :)

I like Quake too, but Quake is Quake and AC is AC.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 11:15AM)pweaks Wrote: I like Quake too, but Quake is Quake and AC is AC.

Agreed. I was just saying :)
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 06:26AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(04 Jan 11, 12:48AM)mogthor Wrote: But they are not balanced! A pro can use a carbine, but will get owned by some noob spraying with a SMG or shotty. And there is really no difference between the AR and SMG, but one is harder to control.
And... ignored.

Why? Anyway, I was going to do some testing about this whole thing with BC|Wolf, but he disapeared after that...Any other volunteers?
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 12:48AM)mogthor Wrote:

Yes there IS a difference between the ar and the smg. If you don't realise that, you should check the damage each one does. After that, play in pubs. Then tell me which weapon killed you more.
How do you spray with the shotty? Each weapon has its strategy, if you play really badly with one of them, it's mainly your fault (mainly! :D).

Thanks given by: