Try Insta CTF on our mod server
Quote:You have about a month to test iCTF (TOSOK with flags) and improve your knife game on our iCTF mod server at:

/modconnect de.mysick.tk 20032

The server works with AC 1103 and 1104. Vote CTF for iCTF and LSS for knife only. Thanks to Ronald Reagan for the mod source.
from http://www.mysick.tk/index.php?site=news...newsID=113

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks given by:
Panda<3
Thanks given by:
iCTF is awesome :D very very awesome
a little too easy spawnkill in iTDM :D
Thanks given by:
I would love to try this if my PC wasn't glitchy :D
Thanks given by:
We had some cool games, this was very fun:

[Image: 20101205_07.42.42_ac_sunset_CTF_cr.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When TOSOK and CTF had baby's it created iCTF because its TOSOK just with CTF flags :D
You can only have a sniper and only have 1hp.
You do not have pickups.

Really fun to play :)
Thanks given by:
Wow! i tried it out and it was AWESOME! the only don side is that the server is hidden at the very bottom of the server list so no one joins :(
Thanks given by:
Wait, these even get onto the server list? I thought they were just hidden. Cool stuff :D
Anyways, we have to do that so it doesn't get the server banned. It is under a mod protocol.
Thanks given by:
yeah its on the list at the very bottom with the servers that have "older protocol" :P
Thanks given by:
Ah, well that is because the protocol is lower, meaning older.
Thanks given by:
yeah. but anyway, is this a "just for fun" server or will the ictf and itdm modes be implemented into futur assault cube versions for all to play on?
Thanks given by:
Any servers that you connect to get added to your list, so whether or not the masterserver is listing it is redundant.
Thanks given by:
Well, I am not sure of panda's motives, but I think servers like these (with ideas only roughed up) can give people an idea for gameplay and whether or not it is a good idea. As far as I know there is no planned iCTF or iTDM planned.
Thanks given by:
Well, I just wanted to see how insta ctf felt in AC, since it's the most popular Sauer mode it seems. (We just started a Sauer clan.) The mode is pretty neat, although I much prefer it in Sauer because it's less random chance there and it has faster movement and bigger maps. I wouldn't mind having it in AC too tho, most maps can be a lot of fun in iCTF if they are not too full.
Thanks given by:
is there any way for others to set up a server like the one you made?
Thanks given by:
Aw :( It was private today.
Thanks given by:
@TeD, yes. However one is just enough, unless it catches on and tons of people play it... But I doubt another would be necessary.
Thanks given by:
The problem I see with implementing this: Those who want to play normal ctf will hardly find anyone to play with, anymore because most players, especially new players will play ictf and never care much to play "normal". I have seen this happen in many games. Instagib is always doing this, if I had known before, I would have never allowed osok to be added back in 0.9x.

It's cool as a mod, but it won't get in the main game.
Thanks given by:
no one is online :(
Thanks given by:
Because its not playable on the MS, you got to bring people to your own match.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Instagib is always doing this, if I had known before, I would have never allowed osok to be added back in 0.9x.
OHH A DEV WHO NOW THINKS OSOK WAS A BAD IDEA! WONDERFUL!

Can we get rid of (T)OSOK for next release?
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 10, 02:29AM)JMM Wrote:
Quote:Instagib is always doing this, if I had known before, I would have never allowed osok to be added back in 0.9x.
OHH A DEV WHO NOW THINKS OSOK WAS A BAD IDEA! WONDERFUL!

Can we get rid of (T)OSOK for next release?
LETS DO IT!!!

* JGAN watches 20 clans instantly fail at the next release x_x

@reagan, that kinda sucks :P
Thanks given by:
LMAO @ all the hate mail JGAN and JMM are probably getting now.
Thanks given by:
Super fun!! had some great games today, but the pistol is pissing me off :P I WANNA KNIFE!!
Thanks given by:
I just wanna give a shout-out-out to all my people out there who haven't tried any iCTF yet, ya'll are missing out, ya'll gotta try some of this!
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 10, 12:23PM)makkE Wrote: The problem I see with implementing this: Those who want to play normal ctf will hardly find anyone to play with, anymore because most players, especially new players will play ictf and never care much to play "normal". I have seen this happen in many games. Instagib is always doing this, if I had known before, I would have never allowed osok to be added back in 0.9x.

It's cool as a mod, but it won't get in the main game.

Is it now a new fashion to not stay anymore to former decisions? OSOK is the only mode you can use somehow the sniper (the tactical use of it is low anyway comparing to other games). Anyway - a mode witch combines OSOK with CTF? Sorry, but this isn't THAT big thing imo, and not really a new invention. Modes like HTF and KTF were innovative cause with that a new gameplay and a change in tactics took place. Probably something like a "bomb defuse" mode would be a nice idea.
Thanks given by:
Apollo: One look at Sauer's server list will probably cure you from your opinion once and for all.
Thanks given by:
"Is it now a new fashion to not stay anymore to former decisions?"

You are mistaking this for an infailable institution that agreed on a sort of constitution back in 2004. I simply wasn't around when (t)osok was added, and only later came to realize how insta-type gametypes hurts "normal weapon" gameplay in many games (Cube,UT, Warsow, Sauerbraten, even Q3...).

So, just saying, if I knew then what I know now, tosok would have never happened. Forgive my puny imperfection.
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 10, 07:42PM)makkE Wrote: You are mistaking this for an infailable institution ....
Infallable? Of course not. In my opinion there are several errors in the game design (for example teamplay is realized in that way that some people are just starting from the same base with the same color. In the most case every one is playing for his own in the team). But this doesn't mean that it isn't a fun game (otherwise I wouldn't play this for so long).

(16 Dec 10, 07:42PM)makkE Wrote: ...how insta-type gametypes hurts "normal weapon" gameplay...

In that case PF and LSS were mistakes also.

(16 Dec 10, 07:42PM)makkE Wrote: ... tosok ...
which means, that one of the most played modes (isn't this a success?) wouldn't exist.

Beside this - that's my opinion - the whole gameplay (it doesn't matter which mode) doesn't fit to sniper guns that much anyway.

(16 Dec 10, 07:12PM)tempest Wrote: Apollo: One look at Sauer's server list will probably cure you from your opinion once and for all.

I don't do such comparisons, they are useless in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
eh apollo, makke is right on some parts. tosok is played mostly by beginners and "n00bs" (no offense to anyone). the most skilled and true players rarely take part in it. the only reason its one of the most (over)played modes is because of ac_desert and ac_douze, and a lot of crap maps. challenge almost any "n00b-cruiter" clans and they will call tosok on ac_douze :P

also, i dont understand how pf and lss were mistakes? they are not insta-type modes.

makke, you dont have to integrate this as a standard. its just fun, like a gema. play around with it :]
Thanks given by: