GUIServer v1.1.0.4
(25 Jan 11, 10:26PM)Gibstick Wrote: Are you using the -C switch when running gui server?

Yeah, I placed the line in the servercmdline.txt file but the program does not read the file...it loads the same default no matter what.
Thanks given by:
If i start GUIserver with «/home/username/.games/1.1.0.4/ac_guiserver -C/home/username/.games/1.1.0.4/config/servercmdline.txt» it open up, but get some errors.

reading commandline parameters from file '/home/username/.games/1.1.0.4/config/servercmdline.txt'
failed to open "logs/serverlog_20110126_01.45.34_xxxxxxx.txt" for writing
logging started: console(INFO), file(DISABLED), syslog(VERBOSE, "AssaultCube[xxxxxxx]", local6), timestamp(ENABLED)
Jan 26 01:45:34 logging local AssaultCube server (version 1104, protocol 1132/104) now..
Jan 26 01:45:34 could not read config file 'config/maprot.cfg'
Jan 26 01:45:34 ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: maprot unavailable
Why log cant get written i dont know. Got read/writer permission for folders/files.
This even if maprot.cfg is added to servercmdline.txt.

Using my «normal» starter (server.sh) «sh -c "cd ~/.games/1.1.0.4 && sh server.sh"» i get:

reading commandline parameters from file 'config/servercmdline.txt'
logging started: console(INFO), file(VERBOSE, "serverlog_20110126_01.48.12_xxxxxxxxxx.txt"), syslog(VERBOSE, "AssaultCube[xxxxxxx]", local6), timestamp(ENABLED)
Jan 26 01:48:12 logging local AssaultCube server (version 1104, protocol 1132/104) now..
Jan 26 01:48:17 read 150 map rotation entries from 'config/maprot.cfg'
Jan 26 01:48:17 read 6 admin passwords from 'config/serverpwd.cfg'
Jan 26 01:48:47 read 882 (979) blacklist entries from 'config/serverblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
Jan 26 01:49:00 read 144 + 250 entries from nickname blacklist file 'config/nicknameblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
Jan 26 01:49:01 dedicated server started, waiting for clients...
Jan 26 01:49:01 Ctrl-C to exit
Jan 26 01:49:01 looking up assault.cubers.net...
Jan 26 01:49:01 master server registration succeeded

Lets just hope someone get it running and can help soon.
Before 1.1.0.5 is out would be nice.
Thanks given by:
Is there a way to know where the program reads the default settings from???
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if anyone is trying to do something complicated here, but I got my guiserver to work fine and it reads all of my files for a basic setup. I am on Windows XP OS on a lame computer. Ok, let me tell you where I put all of my files to make it work....
1) Place the guiserver folder in the very top Assault cube folder (C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4) Which includes the logs, mapshots and minimapicons inside.
2) Dump everything else in your bin_win32 folder (C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4\bin_win32)
Now in your bin_win32 folder, you see a file launcher entitled ac_guiserver.exe. I have not been able to get this to work directly so ignore it if you cant either. Go back to the very top folder in ac and create a normal server using the server_wizard. Make sure that you set this server up according to how you want the gui to work, ie: ports, players etc. Once you verify that the regular server works and registers properly, close it. Find the new server icon you just created, right click on it and then click edit. The very first thing you should see in the command list is bin_win32\ac_server.exe. You want to change this so it looks like bin_win32\ac_guiserver.exe. Then hit close and save. Guiserver should show up and you should be able to hit start and make it work.
Now for me the gui reads all of my files correctly, yet I cannot claim admin, but on another computer running windows 7, you can. In the case that you can't claim admin, while you or someone is playing in the server that you want to have admin, type this in the guiserver command line at the very bottom: /giveadmin cn (replace cn with the number of the player you want to have admin.
Well I hope I helped someone....
Thanks given by:
nativo and others: makes sure the script/shortcut is being run from the assaultcube directory. Otherwise, create a shortcut that runs a shortcut that's inside the assaultcube directory, because it's looking for ../config/servercmdline.txt and ../config/maprot.cfg as a relative path - relative to where you started the shortcut
Thanks given by:
Even if i doubleclick ac_guiserver inside assaultcube folder it wont read config/servercmdline.txt.
GUI starts but it uses the default settings.

Same if i try to run it via bin_unix folder.

Where is Toca when you need him...?
Thanks given by:
What is happening for me is:
The program can't start because QtCore4.dll is missing from your computer (bla bla bla).

However I've downloaded all 3 zip files at the start of this thread and put the QT library (3 folders) into
C:\Program Files (x86)\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4\bin_win32
ac_guiserver.exe sits in \bin_win32 as well
gui server folder sits at: C:\Program Files (x86)\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4\guiserver

I'm on windows 7 64 bit - what am I missing?

Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 11, 08:06PM)Gibstick Wrote: nativo and others: makes sure the script/shortcut is being run from the assaultcube directory. Otherwise, create a shortcut that runs a shortcut that's inside the assaultcube directory, because it's looking for ../config/servercmdline.txt and ../config/maprot.cfg as a relative path - relative to where you started the shortcut

Well...I run everything straight up from the main folder...and it doesn't read the servercmdline.txt file but it does read the maprot and password files...

By the way Thanks a lot X-Ray_Dog for trying to help but I'm on Linux and I think DES|OpenSource is on Linux too...

And thanks again to Gibstick for helping us work this out.

Thanks given by:
I'm sorry it still doesn't work :|

BTW, fscii's problem is fixed. He downloaded the wrong file by accident (the ds_store file was the giveaway).
Thanks given by:
I got it working on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Thanks Toca! Just what I needed.
Works perfectly!!!!!
Amazing project.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing that i was thinking that would be cool.If you could spectate players. I don't know if this would be possible but if you could do it, you would be the king.
To get a mapshot.
[1] Goto the map you want a mapshot of.
[2] type in /mapshot
[3] goto screenshots folder in AC directory.Its saved in there
[4] rename it to the map name.
[5] move into guiserver/mapshots
Thanks given by:
read 1 admin passwords from 'config\serverpwd.cfg'
reading ip blacklist 'config\serverblacklist.cfg'
read 1 (1) blacklist entries from 'config\serverblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
reading nickname blacklist 'config\nicknameblacklist.cfg'
nickname whitelist (0 entries):
nickname blacklist (1 entries):
  29 block |DARK|Knight
read 0 + 1 entries from nickname blacklist file 'config\nicknameblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
reading forbidden list 'config\forbidden.cfg'
read file "config\serverinfo_en.txt"
holding up to 5 recorded demos in memory
server description: " |AC|  CLAN SERVER"
maxclients: 10, kick threshold: -5, ban threshold: -6
dedicated server started, waiting for clients...
Ctrl-C to exit
looking up assault.cubers.net...
master server registration succeeded
[20:02:13] SysOp changed name to miker95
[20:02:13] SysOp miker95 says: hey
Thanks given by:
One quick question.

Does the GUI allow server to update serverblacklist.cfg and nicknameblacklist.cfg?
When i run server in Terminal (Linux) i see when i have edit serverblacklist.cfg/nicknameblacklist.cfg that the server reads the (new) file(s) but this i dont see in GUI.

I do not see in log that the file(s) are updated.

So, do i have to restart server when i use GUI for it to update or does it get updated as i save the file(s) whiteout leaving any message in logs?
Thanks given by:
I have it running under Linux, and i can confirm if you edit the serverblacklist or nicknameblacklist it does read the new values but not instantly. It seems to do it everytime it changes map.

I had to make changes to my server.sh file, if anyone needs it I can post it here. I still have not got the minimap working correctly, if anyone has any ideas let me know...

Andy
Thanks given by:
If you do not have minimap, go to server and load the map.
Type /mapshot
Got to screenshot folder and move the mapshot to guiserver/mapshots.
Rename the file to whatever the map name is.

Edit: To get logs, make a folder called "logs" (without "") in your AC folder. Logs will then get saved there.
Thanks given by:
Thanx mate worked a treat...
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 11, 11:56PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: One quick question.

Does the GUI allow server to update serverblacklist.cfg and nicknameblacklist.cfg?
When i run server in Terminal (Linux) i see when i have edit serverblacklist.cfg/nicknameblacklist.cfg that the server reads the (new) file(s) but this i dont see in GUI.

I do not see in log that the file(s) are updated.

So, do i have to restart server when i use GUI for it to update or does it get updated as i save the file(s) whiteout leaving any message in logs?

No, you don't have to close out..It automatically updates every few minutes..it reads all the files, nickname,blacklist,passwords,forbidden,info.
Thanks given by:
I'm hesitant to use this due to the anticheat system not being in place. Will the anticheat be there next release? Assuming you are going to make the GUI again.
Thanks given by:
My GUI Server won't create logs, nor can I figure out the switch to change my name from Sysop Master
Thanks given by:
Same for me...although is really funny when u speak to the ppl in the server and they haven't seen the Sysop Master messages before...About the logs, I couldn't find any using Guiserver or the .sh for Terminal (even after I specyfied in the servercmdline.txt and in the .sh file itself that I wanted to keep a log file).

By the way...is there a way to run Guiserver with the new Beta of the game????

Thanks...
Thanks given by:
In your AC installation folder create a folder called logs.
Then logs will get saved there.
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot DES|OpenSource...I owe u two now...

Seeya.
Thanks given by:
How about for server description? I'm assuming it reads the server commandline, but it does not input the server description.
Thanks given by:
Server description?

As in serverinfo_en.txt, motd_en.txt or just name on server?

Add in servercdmline.txt:

//Server name
-nADDSERVERNAMEHERE
// MOTD (edit motd_en.txt for message of the day)
-Oconfig/motd
// Server info (edit serverinfo_en.txt. What you get when highlighting a server in serverlist and pressing F)
-Iconfig/serverinfo

If thats not working i guess you need to edit server.sh (on Linux) but how i dont know cos i got help editing it to use my servercmdline.cfg file.
Thanks given by:
Servername, it just leaves the server name blank for some reason
Thanks given by:
Thats the problem (among others) i had to when using GUI.
I got help with the server.sh file.
Made a copy of it and named it guiserver.sh.
Then i sent the file to Freddo and he edit it for me then sent it back - and now its working as it should.

So maybe try having a look at DES IRC to see if Freddo is there and has the time to help you.
Internet Relay Chat « Dedicated Elite Soldiers
Or if you have a IRC client irc://irc.gamesurge.net/DedicatedEliteSoldiers
Thanks given by:
hey!
here no work the guiserver 1.1.0.3
the widown open and close when start.
y?
Thanks given by:
You're supposed to download the 1.1.0.4 GUI server after downloading 1.1.0.3
Thanks given by:
Download v1.1.0.4 GUIServer binary here of your OS.
Quote:Mac:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8c9hcmmq3b...er.app.zip
Linux:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pp5i8upecb..._linux.zip
Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dbztog63l2..._win32.zip

v1.1.0.4 Source Code
http://www.mediafire.com/?3at4lsltvz31num

Thanks given by:
bit of a noob question but how do I customise the server?
I can get it to run and everything but the names blank and stuff
Thanks given by:
Use servercmdline.txt or add them to your server.bat (I assume you are on Windows).

See the docs.
Thanks given by: