Server Owners
Hey folks,

I'm looking for server owners who run popular servers to help me test some stuff out for a project. I will mainly need your logs to be used for processing. The reason I ask for popular servers is because I need big log files to test the overall stability of what is being worked on, although this is not a requirement. Anyways, if you are interested, please send me a PM for more details.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks given by:
Why can't you use your own server?
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 15, 06:50AM)BluffCreek Wrote: Why can't you use your own server?

I am. The whole purpose of this test is to see how my (web)server handles loads of logs being pushed, so multiple sources, under different conditions, are ideal.
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 15, 06:54AM)Casius Wrote: I am. The whole purpose of this test is to see how my (web)server handles loads of logs being pushed, so multiple sources, under different conditions, are ideal.
I still don't get it. You're saying you want to use someone's server to test logs?
Thanks given by:
i've pmed ya ;)
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 15, 08:21AM)BluffCreek Wrote: I still don't get it. You're saying you want to use someone's server to test logs?
He's just trying to test how his web server (he runs a ladder) performs under different conditions that his server may not have. He doesn't care if you don't get it. If you don't understand what he's asking for, move on. The world not is centered about you.
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 15, 03:27PM)Mousikos Wrote: If you don't understand what he's asking for, move on. The world not is centered about you.
And the teapot calls the kettle black with more assumptions. I'll tell you, your assumptions are the worst. You think 1 thing but then you figure out later it had nothing to do with that. XD
Thanks given by:
why nnot get 1 log from a server running for 1 month and copy paste the contents 12 times in the same file, you'll have a years wort of logs right there
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 15, 07:13PM)Iguana Wrote: why nnot get 1 log from a server running for 1 month and copy paste the contents 12 times in the same file, you'll have a years wort of logs right there

Because I suppose someone elses servers may throw extra errors or disconnect messages and he wants to see how it copes with that. Not sure, servers are kinda funny like that though.
Thanks given by: