Can you PLEASE make grenades not bounce that much?
it is ridiculous
Thanks given by:
how do you suppose that nades explodes?
Thanks given by:
They explode by impact or timed fuse. If AC's grenades detonated by impact, they would blow as soon as they hit something instead of bouncing around. Since they detonate a certain amount of time after the hand is drawn back (presumably the pin is pulled, though the fuse really shouldn't start until the lever is released), they seem to use a fuse.

I'm pretty sure real grenades don't bounce like this, but AC isn't meant to be entirely realistic. I'm willing to sacrifice some reality to make sweet bank shots.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 14, 07:13PM)Multiverse Wrote: it is ridiculous
Even in real life they explode when they touch the ground, there is a time for the explosion.
Thanks given by:
Just cook the nade!
AC looks better with this, adding realistic animationes will mess the game up... You're sayin' that AC need Mortars (Hand Bombs that explodes instantly when it touches the floor) than grenades?
I don't agree
Thanks given by:
I think the OP is talking about the bounce physics needing to be adjusted, I especially hate the grenade bouncing off players rather than having a real impact (causing small amount of damage?) and just plopping to the ground.
Thanks given by:
It's ridiculous, but useful, I like to use bouncing of the walls to kill enemies behind me. :)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 14, 08:26AM)grenadier Wrote: I like to use bouncing of the walls to kill enemies behind me. :)

F1
:D
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 14, 05:14AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I think the OP is talking about the bounce physics needing to be adjusted, I especially hate the grenade bouncing off players rather than having a real impact (causing small amount of damage?) and just plopping to the ground.

This is what I'm talking about. I throw a grenade at someone and it fucking bounces back to me. This happens a lot in those camper maps when I need to throw it inside a hole in the wall.

Not to mention OTHER problems with grenades. Like its explosion bubble being too small
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 14, 03:01PM)Multiverse Wrote: This happens a lot in those camper maps when I need to throw it inside a hole in the wall.

Don't give us a stick to beat you with.
ffs
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 14, 08:26AM)grenadier Wrote: It's ridiculous, but useful, I like to use bouncing of the walls to kill enemies behind me. :)
+1
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 14, 03:01PM)Multiverse Wrote: This is what I'm talking about. I throw a grenade at someone and it fucking bounces back to me.

Imo in this case you are right, bouncing off other players could be decreased by 50%. But first it would need testing, how it will influence on gameplay.
Thanks given by:
i think they should not bounce as much against other players.
Thanks given by:
I agree with these two above me. The player should absorb the impact of the grenade. It is not possible to bounce that much on cloth.
Thanks given by:
We just need a new sound for the grenade hitting a player and we'd be set. Maybe a cowbell???
Thanks given by:
Why not a scream?
For that sound :P
Thanks given by:
Grenade bounce against other player should be 5 hp damage FTW!
(That's right - Only 20 grenades to kill you ;D)
((I apologize for not taking this seriously, at all...))
Thanks given by:
the explosion bubble should be bigger, btw.

and why not add a new type of grenade? Perhaps one with a green stripe, which is a flash grenade
Thanks given by:
AC's Grenades are one of the most fun weapons in FPS history. Takes skill to time it just right or bank it off the ground or something along those lines. :)

I wouldn't mind if they stuck to a player once it hit them, though.
Thanks given by:
just get used to throwing them. the only values that dont detract from gameplay is the radius and damage.

edit:in terms of physics. ac's game physics are what make it ac
Thanks given by:
it needs a much bigger radius
Thanks given by:
God no. I already can be hit from 20 squares away due to lag.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 14, 08:57AM)Orynge Wrote: God no. I already can be hit from 20 squares away due to lag.

Life of playing with 300+ ping.
Thanks given by:
i want grenades to bounce more actually

sometimes i really need it to bounce off of an enemy to hit his teammate
Thanks given by:
What is the exact time from pulling the pin to explosion? It is quite weird that every nade seems to have a different timed fuse. Sometimes a nade seems to explode earlier, or later than it should... Getting the timing right for very high nade jumps in gemas can be a nightmare, especially if the ping is 200+
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 14, 11:52PM)VectorM12 Wrote: It is quite weird that every nade seems to have a different timed fuse.
That is lag.
Thanks given by:
I don't have any problem with the bounce or the timing I can cook the nade up to when I want it to explode. The real problem is the radius of the explosion needs to be 25 to 30 percent bigger. The other problem is with the grenades if I walk into the nade half a second before it explodes sometimes it explodes in my face and it doesn't do any damage to me. That is a big problem when your'e trying to nade someone in lss.
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 14, 10:48AM)killerjoe Wrote: The real problem is the radius of the explosion needs to be 25 to 30 percent bigger.

just aim better
Thanks given by:
Id complain but since your momma bounces just as high if not higher...
Thanks given by:
There are just two problems with nades, the first one is that, sometimes the server does not calculate the bounce exactly like the client, and because of this, we end with situations like this.

The second is lag with the timed fuse, but it almost never happens, maybe someone who lags more often have more problems with it, idk.
Thanks given by: