AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Release
I've seen this on AC 1.1.0.4 ... but it happened rarely, and usually to the same person multiple times.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 13, 05:24PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(14 Oct 13, 08:40AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I'm not getting an error along the lines of "lag type" that's kicking me out of servers, any idea what this is? I'm literally getting kicked 5-7 times every match.

EDIT: Happened exactly 14 times actually.

tag type.

Sounds like some servers are using updated code or something. Make sure the server is the same version as your client.
Thanks given by:
^^ It happens on modified servers?
Thanks given by:
This is the same problem with my mac i also run OSX 10.8.5 mountain lion

(12 Oct 13, 08:39PM)bballn45 Wrote:
(12 Oct 13, 08:56AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: UsingMacbook Pro 10.8.5, besides the fact that I can't launch the game in fullscreen mode, it quits randomly for no reason. What happen is that when going back in-game, my old disconnected player remained. This made the scoreboard show my scores twice, which AFAIK shouldn't. I thought I should mention this in case it has something to do with the nature of the random crashing.

Here's a screenshot in case you didn't understand my explanation above and a demo if it helps.

Also this is some code which hopefully explains why the crashing is happening, not sure if it's related with AC though?

This Ronald Reagan, there is problems on 10.8
Thanks given by:
Update, the random crashing wasn't exactly random, it happens after the anticheat bans me. I can get around it by quitting the game myself after getting bans but this is quite strange.
Thanks given by:
Seems 1.2 got released a bit too soon.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 13, 10:24PM)Marti Wrote: Seems 1.2 got released a bit too soon.

Seems like we don't get enough testing during SVN and Beta stages.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone had some 'voting' issues?, like if there are 16 players in the map and you call a vote, it seems to be accepted with only 4 votes or something like that.
Anyone else have seen this?
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 12:08AM)hgf-arg Wrote: Does anyone had some 'voting' isuues?, like if there are 16 players in the map and you call a vote, it seems to be accepted with only 4 votes or something like that.
Anyone else have seen this?

Yes.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 03:30AM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(15 Oct 13, 12:08AM)hgf-arg Wrote: Anyone else have seen this?

Yes.

Me too
Thanks given by:
I think that this is fixed in SVN.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 13, 11:17PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by:
AC crashed and when i checked my console messages i found:
di15okt2013 15:13:55ERROR 33: REPORT THIS NOW ()
so.. voila!

Oh wait.. almost forgot..
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 12:54PM)Cleaner Wrote:

Afaik i never had any sound issue or random kicks for 'hacking' when i tested, there should be lots of reports of these issues in svn or beta if you see how often it happens in 1.2, as they have been played by at least a dozen players. it cant be that you didnt notice these bugs. If you did, i wonder what went wrong in fixing them.

(it wasnt an attack this is just what it seemed to me, devs fell for the pressure of the community and released a version that isnt fully developed yet. So imo it got released too soon)
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 02:47PM)Marti Wrote: Afaik i never had any sound issue or random kicks for 'hacking' when i tested, there should be lots of reports of these issues in svn or beta if you see how often it happens in 1.2, as they have been played by at least a dozen players. it cant be that you didnt notice these bugs. If you did, i wonder what went wrong in fixing them.

(it wasnt an attack this is just what it seemed to me, devs fell for the pressure of the community and released a version that isnt fully developed yet. So imo it got released too soon)

But don't you think there's been more of an effort by the community to point out the bugs since the release? Otherwise we'll have had to sit back and wait another 6 months/year for these problems to manifest themselves.
Thanks given by:
Correct me because I may be wrong, but SVN binaries didn't contain the anticheat anyway so it would have been impossible for that bug to emerge.

AR is noticeably weaker than SMG. I think AR is not much better at long range than SMG now. I'd suggest you drop the spread a bit on AR and increase the ammo you get. Twice yesterday I used AR for flag rushes and returned to my base with the flag but had no ammo to get an easy kill!

I think 1.2's SMG could match 1.1's AR but 1.2's AR is considerably weaker. I've heard people say that 1.2's SMG is more OP to 1.2's AR than 1.1's AR was to 1.1's SMG.

I think sniper will be seen as OP as soon as a top sniper emerges.

Shotgun seems underpowered.

I like carbine and knife generally.
Thanks given by:
Actual issues I've seen:
-Game craching by the ACAC, apparently fixed in the next release
-Sound craching due to flag/grenade sounds, still serahcing the exact cause
-Vote passes with only a few votes (less than the majority by far)
-Crouching issues

The sound bug was already existing on the SVN, but it was just for a few windows users, and only when a flag was dropped in water on ac_aqueous, since, the bug increased and seems to hit everyone (linus mac and win) at flag/grenade's explosions sound superposition.

The game craching because of the ACAC is not new as well, I remember playing a match on the SVN when Lucas was adjusting the anti-cheat and improving the settings, updates after updates, it was still banning players for false reasons, less frequently, but it was still an issue.

The crouch issue is not really affecting the game dramatically, but it's increasing sniper's power a lot, I let you guess why.

BTW: Thanks for the 1.2 and the work you've put here, it's my first post on this topic I think.
Thanks given by:
AR from 1.1 (perhaps a reduced spread and a little more recoil) and SMG from 1.2,
sounds good to me.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 02:47PM)Marti Wrote: Afaik i never had any sound issue or random kicks for 'hacking' when i tested, there should be lots of reports of these issues in svn or beta if you see how often it happens in 1.2, as they have been played by at least a dozen players. it cant be that you didnt notice these bugs. If you did, i wonder what went wrong in fixing them.

There have been ACAC-included betas before. Here are bugs that could've been caught: the crouching issues, the bug-that-must-not-be-named, the voting problems, the whois -1 breaking. This is just by going down the somewhat incomplete buglist that I see kicking around. I'm sorry, but the majority of errors could've been caught if we had more testing.
Thanks given by:
anyway there will be soon a new release with all the bugs fixed?
Thanks given by:
Can I just say that I don't think the "voting bug" is a bug at all? If there are 16 people on the server, and someone calls a kick vote, if 5 people vote yes and 0 people vote no, that person should be kicked.

(The vote shouldn't go through until enough time has elapsed on it, but if people aren't willing to vote, we shouldn't assume they are F2ing. Half the noobs don't know how to vote.)
Thanks given by:
^ this
Thanks given by:
don't think just as exist only pubs. in a 3v3 if the 3 enemy players vote yes they can kick one of the enemy team (if i understood the bug)
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 04:46PM)Zarjio Wrote: Can I just say that I don't think the "voting bug" is a bug at all? If there are 16 people on the server, and someone calls a kick vote, if 5 people vote yes and 0 people vote no, that person should be kicked.

(The vote shouldn't go through until enough time has elapsed on it, but if people aren't willing to vote, we shouldn't assume they are F2ing. Half the noobs don't know how to vote.)
the "voting issue" was never a bug, some people wanted it to work like that and it's already reverted to the former behavior anyway.
so i don't see the poin tto discuss it any longer.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 02:31PM)Medusa Wrote: AC crashed and when i checked my console messages i found:
so.. voila!

Mac OSX 10.6.8

so my doubts are confirme,d RR, you didn't make your package with the latest ACAC.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 02:47PM)Marti Wrote:
(15 Oct 13, 12:54PM)Cleaner Wrote:

Afaik i never had any sound issue or random kicks for 'hacking' when i tested, there should be lots of reports of these issues in svn or beta if you see how often it happens in 1.2, as they have been played by at least a dozen players. it cant be that you didnt notice these bugs. If you did, i wonder what went wrong in fixing them.

no, in every post i made about development status i mentioned the lack of testing (remember). (and by testing i don't mean open the game and play 1 single map/mode for 10 minutes)
most issues are fixed already (SVN), and RK, RR and aerkefiende on working on AC 1.2.0.1 package right now...

also, remember we're wasting much time and money with that assholes attacking us, which is even worse since you cannot expect much support from this community.

1.2.0.1 should be released soon, and i hope that i will also fix the sound bug in a few days, once i am on holidays (currently i CAN'T work on AC during the week)
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 05:44PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(15 Oct 13, 02:31PM)Medusa Wrote: AC crashed and when i checked my console messages i found:
so.. voila!

Mac OSX 10.6.8

so my doubts are confirme,d RR, you didn't make your package with the latest ACAC.

Sorry, but I used the latest that was sent to me. I even asked to verify. Turns out I wasn't kept up to date.
Thanks given by:
Well, resuming all this, let's see the positive side of it , shall we?, I mean, all these 'bugs' reports helped the devs to find out what's wrong, so they can now go fix it (as they already did in SVN). So the new stable version will be released soon, and we'll be happy fraggin' in 1.2.0.1 version.
Thanks given by:
What the fuck?
The dimensions of the image...
5825x5000,
some people don't have a lightspeed connect :)

(unlike iDani shh)
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 07:24PM)Artemis Wrote: What the fuck?
The dimensions of the image...
5825x5000,
some people don't have a lightspeed connect :)

(unlike iDani shh)

Sorry for that...edited
Thanks given by: