AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Release
I find that I feel many of my hits are lost. It's not mathematical so I apologize for the lack of proof atm. As I notice it more I'll get some demos. However, the problem I'm having is obvious hit drops. May just be lag, may be anti-cheat (ive been banned a few times for no reason), or it may just be I'm a baddy. Either way, nothing has changed in my gameplay (which also may be the problem). But when I get hitsounds without results, and my accuracy is telling me I'm at 45-50% acc with AR, there is something wrong. A few sure hits i've had with sniper seemingly pass straight through people, or end at the player without actually causing damage. I'll get some demos as this becomes more noticeable.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 04:07PM)Artemis Wrote: AR from 1.1 (perhaps a reduced spread and a little more recoil) and SMG from 1.2,
sounds good to me.

To me too, we should test it.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 08:41PM)Waffles Wrote: I find that I feel many of my hits are lost. It's not mathematical so I apologize for the lack of proof atm. As I notice it more I'll get some demos. However, the problem I'm having is obvious hit drops. May just be lag, may be anti-cheat (ive been banned a few times for no reason), or it may just be I'm a baddy. Either way, nothing has changed in my gameplay (which also may be the problem). But when I get hitsounds without results, and my accuracy is telling me I'm at 45-50% acc with AR, there is something wrong. A few sure hits i've had with sniper seemingly pass straight through people, or end at the player without actually causing damage. I'll get some demos as this becomes more noticeable.

I second this. I've got the same issue. I'm getting sick of it. It's been more than 3 years with the same problem and nobody has done anything to solve it at all.
Thanks given by:
After lag spikes, I've noticed servers have been dropping bullets from my shots fired. In fact after a really bad spike today, 100% of my bullets were dropped, and as far as other players were concerned apparently I was firing no bullets - I emptied whole clips out on them on my screen.

Can we fix the game please. So many scrubs running around thinking they're good. I just can't hack it. (WORDPLAY)
Thanks given by:
Been having a problem similar to this lately

I'd fire bullets/nade someone/knife them/ only to have either extremely delayed results (usually me dying first), or not to register at all... :\
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 13, 01:26AM)Jason Wrote: Can we fix the game please. So many scrubs running around thinking they're good. I just can't hack it. (WORDPLAY)

SHOTS FIRED
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 08:41PM)Waffles Wrote: I find that I feel many of my hits are lost. It's not mathematical so I apologize for the lack of proof atm. As I notice it more I'll get some demos. However, the problem I'm having is obvious hit drops. May just be lag, may be anti-cheat (ive been banned a few times for no reason), or it may just be I'm a baddy. Either way, nothing has changed in my gameplay (which also may be the problem). But when I get hitsounds without results, and my accuracy is telling me I'm at 45-50% acc with AR, there is something wrong. A few sure hits i've had with sniper seemingly pass straight through people, or end at the player without actually causing damage. I'll get some demos as this becomes more noticeable.
I also notice some hit drops with AR, though while using SMG, the issue is obviously a lot less noticeable.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 13, 03:43PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Shotgun seems underpowered.

i'd argue that it is quite balanced currently.
to kill a user of any other weapon with a shotgun requires superior positioning and precise aiming in every situation. the thing that makes smg seem much more powerful is because you can be bad and smg will still deliver consistent damage, whereas with shotgun its hit or miss, similar to the other semi-automatic weapons.
it just depends on where you play the weapon, such as on d3/outpost short side or mines mid, because it cant be played anywhere like smg, and is dependent on how much positional skill you have. despite splatter range being shorter and damage being different, i feel it is much stronger now due to the consistency in damage.

when someone can manage 70%+ carbine accuracy, which i've exceeded a few times, and can handle the positional requirements of the weapon, it will begin to feel ridiculously OP, as there isn't any random spread to it and can kill extremely fast.
Thanks given by:
AR bullets seem to just drop.
Smg aswell so an extent
Agree with everything waffles/sace etc have said. it'd be interesting playing on a server without anticheat i think
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 13, 06:51AM)Undead Wrote:
(15 Oct 13, 03:43PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Shotgun seems underpowered.

i'd argue that it is quite balanced currently.

use it on mines vs. w00p :3
Thanks given by:
smg hitreg feels strange to me, sometimes all my bullets hit and other times almost nothing hits, I just assumed it was weird spread. There have also been times when I've counted about 10 or 11 hitsounds (slowing down demos) but yet have failed to get a kill (a guy was armoured but not fully, maybe I'm just derping and not understanding how many bullets it takes to kill in the new version).

As for AR, it feels like I don't hit well with it but I think everyone is putting too much blame on hitdrops, there's a very big possibility you just aren't used to the new recoil and spread of the weapon because you got so used to the AR in 1.1 (at least this is certainly my case). Of course that isn't to say there are no hitdrops as there may well be, but most of the people complaining can get a stable 200fps at least (myself included), so why not just cap your fps like in 1.1 and solve the problem? I get 1000 stable on most maps but it still feels much worse than capping at 500, I don't know why, it was the same on 1.1 too.
Thanks given by:
I should clarify that I do cap, and am aware of the changes. Not to say that what vanquish said could be contributing factors. I'm going to play a bit and try and remember to get demos
Thanks given by:
I would just like to report what I think may be another 1.2 bug - inability to claim admin.
I've been unable to claim admin on several servers - including my own servers. The passwords file is set up correctly, and I can clearly see the password in the file, but I am kicked every time for an incorrect admin password. I was able to claim admin a week or so ago, but now I can't. I also had Ronald_Reagan test, and he too could not claim admin. This happened on two different servers on two different machines.

(I have checked the server logs, and the my own server did read in the passwords file correctly, yet the password does not work).

EDIT: When I do /connectadmin to the server, I am connected to the server, but not given admin.
Thanks given by:
I did the hitfix on the ac.pwnz.org servers before someone told me I didn't need to, so those are there if you guys want to do some testing and see if it feels different.
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 13, 04:45PM)Zarjio Wrote: I would just like to report what I think may be another 1.2 bug - inability to claim admin.
I've been unable to claim admin on several servers - including my own servers. The passwords file is set up correctly, and I can clearly see the password in the file, but I am kicked every time for an incorrect admin password. I was able to claim admin a week or so ago, but now I can't. I also had Ronald_Reagan test, and he too could not claim admin. This happened on two different servers on two different machines.

(I have checked the server logs, and the my own server did read in the passwords file correctly, yet the password does not work).

EDIT: When I do /connectadmin to the server, I am connected to the server, but not given admin.

But I could connect with admin to my other servers. So probably an error in the server config.
Thanks given by:
if you hear the hitsoud,the hit was not dropped.
Thanks given by:
It's happened. My sound in AC has now fully cut out.
No error messages in the console.
Sounds works everywhere else out of the game.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting one appears to be hitdrops on the sniper and AR but then again, I've had a strange "lag" issue since i first installed 1.2. For example, I'll have 40 ping, the server will appear to be stable and yet i'll get rewarded for a kill a half second late.
Thanks given by:
sounds back! yeah !
Thanks given by:
Some1 maybe reported this already, but if not.
be4 i start to play a 1v1 , i got 100 armor in aqueous tdm and when i loaded the map douze tsurv, i still had 100 armor and kept it for the whole game, even after i died.
Thanks given by:
@K-Dot: That´s not a bug. In Survivor you always start with 100-100 ;)
Thanks given by:
/rewind crashes ac for me (on XP)
Thanks given by:
Yes i get many unhits too
I played an 1v1 surv match and i need 7-10 bullets to kill...
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 13, 11:15PM)MotoShadow Wrote: Yes i get many unhits too
I played an 1v1 surv match and i need 7-10 bullets to kill...

But don't you get 100/100 hp/armor?
Thanks given by:
ok nvm, i didnt realize u get 100 100 in this version
Thanks given by:
Any news on when 1.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 is coming? <3
Thanks given by:
Accurancy is bugged.
Sometimes it says i need 13 smg bullets to kill in surv
Thanks given by:
I had 2x crash on Ubuntu 10.04, when I connected to below server, when there was some neighborwar map in coopedit mode:

connecting to [PSY]Public Server - psyclan.o
attempting to connect to 91.183.107.108:13000
connected to server
could not read map packages/maps/neighborwar.cgz
connected: Encrypted
connected: I.Will.Be.Dad!
MOTD:
[PSY]Public Server - psyclan.org
To report abuse, visit our website: psyclan.org/contact
Encrypted: hello
attempting to disconnect...
disconnected
startgame() abused ()
AL lib: ALc.c:1879: exit(): closing 1 Device
AL lib: ALc.c:1808: alcCloseDevice(): destroying 1 Context(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1420: alcDestroyContext(): deleting 16 Source(s)
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 731: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed!

connecting to [PSY]Public Server - psyclan.o
attempting to connect to 91.183.107.108:13000
connected to server
could not read map packages/maps/neighborwar.cgz
connected: [PSY]ArM4G3DDoN
connected: Snoflak
MOTD:
[PSY]Public Server - psyclan.org
To report abuse, visit our website: psyclan.org/contact
[PSY]ArM4G3DDoN: first time here
attempting to disconnect...
disconnected
startgame() abused ()
AL lib: ALc.c:1879: exit(): closing 1 Device
AL lib: ALc.c:1808: alcCloseDevice(): destroying 1 Context(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1420: alcDestroyContext(): deleting 16 Source(s)
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 731: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed!
Thanks given by:
When will it be on ubuntu's repos?
Thanks given by:
Apart the few well-known bugs, this release seems to be well. Finally a better balance between ar, smg and sniper and even carbine.

Hopefully we will see more active clans, new talents, interesting public games, more competition in the near future and also a mix of old famous modes like tosok, tdm and ofc new awesome maps should be used more for clanwars, etc.
Thanks given by: