AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Release
(19 Oct 13, 12:43AM)Elite Wrote: Apart the few well-known bugs, this release seems to be well. Finally a better balance between ar, smg and sniper and even carbine.

Hopefully we will see more active clans, new talents, interesting public games, more competition in the near future and also a mix of old famous modes like tosok, tdm and ofc new awesome maps should be used more for clanwars, etc.

spoiler: balance doesn't change the popularity of a game. even then, AR isn't exactly up to par.
Thanks given by:
Good job
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 13, 01:30AM)Undead Wrote: spoiler: balance doesn't change the popularity of a game. even then, AR isn't exactly up to par.

I partly agree on that, balance is not all. We should think about several aspects that will make AC more attractive again.

The problem was the release of 1.1, which came too early in my opinion, at a moment where nearly everybody was satisfied by 1.0.4. and the release of 1.2 came too late, probably a year too late. Many clans got bored of 1.1, thus they stopped playing AC and also they were pissed on by the weakness of smg and sniper compared to AR. Thats not my single opinion, its the meaning of a larger group. And one point for sure, if you want to rebuild something that you kind of "ruined" before, will require 10 times more effort.

I dont want to go more into detail, i just would like to say we can be happy that there is a change finally, wich was urgently required.
Thanks given by:
Yea I pretty much agree with what Elite says, but if I write another post about it, it'll look like I'm only negative :D

Just like Waffles, Sacerock, Jason, Fate and probably others, I've noticed drops/unhits (call it whatever) with AR.
I thought it was due to lag, but my ping was not spiking (for once). At first I didn't really care because I was used to getting random unhits in 1.1, but by looking at those posts it seems it's not only a problem for me...

If I remember correctly, I would shoot my bullets and hear like 7-8 hitsounds, but the guy still kills me and remains with 40 hp.

Also, I agree with Larry, Million & Artemis when they write that AR is now underpowered. Before AR used to be OK but really OP compared to other weapons. But now that sniper & SMG are balanced, AR got downgraded and is now underpowered.
As some suggestions, I believe AR 1.1 with less spread & more recoil would make it a balanced but deadly weapon to those who can aim & handle the recoil.

I like the idea of another release to fix bugs, but (I repeat myself again), regular updates/releases are the best to keep a game interesting and alive. So if anything, it would be nice to see 1.2.0.2 ; 1.2.0.3 ; 1.2.0.4 etc... adding more and more options & changes into each one instead of waiting 2 years for every newer version :)
Thanks given by:
AR/SMG are really close statistically on paper with killspeeds and such. Could it be the unhits & majority battles being close range making the SMG seem ahead of the AR?
Thanks given by:
imo the AR has tons of unhit, and the (decreased?) ROF and decreased damage is really downgrading it in battles vs the smg. it seems that now the smg can take out an AR in mid-shine, which should NOT be happening.
Thanks given by:
Some bugs I found:
-Pressing F12 crashes my client
-Loading a custom map makes a list of errors; only some mapmodels and textures appear

Windows 8 64bit
Thanks given by:
I'm probably the only one who somewhat likes 1.2's AR and actually preferring it to the current SMG, purely because of its reduced spread -- almost making it into a laser for me, and I still like it for flagging.

Reason why I said "somewhat" is because its kickback seems too weak now; would be nice to buff it back up a bit (to a value of 35 maybe?).
Thanks given by:
When can I finally test this on my Mac?
Thanks given by:
i can't reproduce any kind of unhits (smg and ar).
Mass hysteria ?
i can't do anything with "feelings", if you are sure something goes wrong make stats.
i modded my AC to display unhits and there was no drop, (except sometimes when the target died, but it's normal)
Thanks given by:
I notice in some demos i can see the bullet impact on playermodel, i see blood coming out but i don't hear the hitsound. (at gamespeed 10)
Thanks given by:
I notice in pubs when I clearly get hit by a sniper (I see the impact) and I don't take any damage. I notice this with all weapons, I get unhits also.
Thanks given by:
again, i can't do anything with such comments.
make stats ! when i try to measure unhits, i see nothing.
Thanks given by:
last night, playing on a random server, somebody vote for a map that got 2 f1 and 2 f2 but the vote passed! 0_o
another thing, in the middle of the match, on the console appear "sorry, You have already download that demo" twice but I didn't press f10. I didn't took/get screen-shots or demos, because as it wasn't a game-play bug, I didn't gave so much importance and then I forgot about them.
Thanks given by:
it's all fixed already..........
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 13, 01:22AM)Cho Wrote: -Pressing F12 crashes my client

Probably because you didn't install the game well.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant diagnostics from ExodusS.
Thanks given by:
Cho, try changing the format of the screenshot.
Thanks given by:
I think that I am getting a lot of dropped hits when using sniper. I do have fairly bad ping, but even when it's down to around 200ms, I seem to be getting strange lag spikes and lost hits.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 13, 03:48PM)Luc@s Wrote: again, i can't do anything with such comments.
make stats ! when i try to measure unhits, i see nothing.

How can we make stats? Can you make a command to query the number of bullets a player has lost because of the anticheat? It does seem the anticheat is overreacting in other cases where people have been kicked for movement hacks.
Thanks given by:
you perfectly know how to mod your client to compare local hits and server hits.
Thanks given by:
Mind over matter.

New version, everyone expects things to be different. Obviously 1.2 will be slighty different but no major code has been changed (correct me if I am wrong)

"so many unhits"

Another mind over matter situation, you expect different results and you get different results. Not because anything is different but because you expect it your brain tells you before you have even tried it will be strange and 'alien' if you will.

Sorry for rambling but my main point is - Give it some time for you to get accustomed with the new and somewhat different gameplay.
Thanks given by:
How can we make stats?

"I would shoot my bullets and hear like 7-8 hitsounds, but the guy still kills me and remains with 40 hp."

My aim is not very good.
But I believe that there is a sync problem.
I hear the hitsound but the player does not die.
Thanks given by:
AFAIK the default accuracy script delivers hits, which are registered client-side. To make stats, we would need kind of function that shows us server-side registered hits and thus we can compare them.

Until now the only way was to reset the accuracy script after each single fight and count hits. Finally you had a possibility to calculate unhits, but not always and not exact unhits, because you had to ensure that the enemy had no kevlar at all. This method of calculating unhits was only useful for spawnfrags.

Another way, which is not very popular, was watching demos for a single action (nobody is writing down hits for each single fight and comparing them after with demo).

Also this special "unhits" command on some servers isnt 100% accurate compared to the local accuracy script. I have tested it several times and have noticed slight differences.

A new function, that could deliver us client-side hits and server-side hits after a entire game might be helpful for making stats. Sure it would be also great, if this function could send us such stats also during the game. Furthermore a seperate log file for such datas would be nice. In my opinion it would be the best way to overload this function several times to make it more comfortable for users.
Thanks given by:
hitsound is played if and only if the hit is registered serverside.*

* it will change in AC 1.2.0.1, and it will be an option
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 13, 04:35PM)Elite Wrote: A new function, that could deliver us client-side hits and server-side hits after a entire game might be helpful for making stats. Sure it would be also great, if this function could send us such stats also during the game. Furthermore a seperate log file for such datas would be nice. In my opinion it would be the best way to overload this function several times to make it more comfortable for users.
It would not help at all, some hits are discarded because you are dead, also "onHit" delivers the same information that you get on the server.

I've also been feeling some unhits, I checked it and there is not unhits (no like in the old version at least), so probably some hits are lost because the interpolation is not good and the anticheat adds more jitter now.
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 13, 05:07PM)Jpablon Wrote: some hits are discarded because you are dead

I hate this. No wonder why Euro players love their low ping so much.
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 13, 11:33PM)Fate Wrote: I hate this. No wonder why Euro players love their low ping so much.

not me! In my opinion the best match server in the game atm (by far) is ac.pwnz.org 9999 match and I get 114 ping there. I think naming names is useless but I've played on some servers where I get about 30-40 ping and it's terrible because of the spikes, equally well I've played on others where I get unstable 120-140 ping and it's terrible for me too. It's just about how stable a server is rather than the actual ping you get to it. When hlins were up in 1.1 I used to get anywhere from 5-8 ping to them (depending on whether or not I was using wifi) and I never really felt like it gave me much of an advantage compared to a server like the uk.mysick servers, the same way I was happy to play on LA servers like acwc.pbclan.tk and gibbed.me, even if my ping was around 150 and 140 respectively they were really stable servers and it made playing there really enjoyable.
Thanks given by:
where the hell do i find current values for guns compared to old?
Thanks given by:
@Vanq
I was basing my opinion from 1.1, and I only ever notice such discarded hits where I play in a server where I have around 300ms ping or more. It's partly why I stopped using instant-hitsounds (or hitsounds altogether) where I had to play in a server hosted some 20 000km away. But all in all, I consider it to be a minor annoyance (and an unfortunate disadvantage).

1.2 is a different matter though. I think it would have been great if the ACWC's client's hitfix and two hitsound modes be integrated into the official AC client.

Sveark also hosts a great match server which has perfect hitreg, most evident by the fact that no hits are discarded after death.

(26 Oct 13, 01:28AM)Waffles Wrote: where the hell do i find current values for guns compared to old?
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6677.html
Thanks given by: