(26 Oct 13, 08:29AM)Xenon Wrote: hey guys you know what'd be great guys
instant hitsounds
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 13, 08:29AM)Xenon Wrote: hey guys you know what'd be great guys
instant hitsounds
lag-less internet would be great too while you're at it devs kthx
Thanks given by:
I wonder if you read my posts.
On the previous page i said instant hitsound was implemented into AC 1201 already.
The well known "hit reg bug" was fixed in AC 1200 the same way it was fixed in ACWC client.

I think i repeated myself too many times already. If you come back on these points it will be considered as trolling.
Thanks given by:
i know lucas
but i am saying and i know a lot of other players agree that this game is unplayable until this 1201 update comes out :)
Thanks given by:
v1201 master race reporting in.
Thanks given by:
get it out for the people
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 13, 05:07PM)Jpablon Wrote: It would not help at all, some hits are discarded because you are dead, also "onHit" delivers the same information that you get on the server.

Hits happen even after you die don't they? Do you mean because another player has already killed that player?

(25 Oct 13, 05:07PM)Jpablon Wrote: I've also been feeling some unhits, I checked it and there is not unhits (no like in the old version at least)

I also didn't detect any unhits (comparing sent hits to client-side hits), but yet the game feels bad. However I have never been 100% convinced that even client-side hits are accurate. I remember in 1.1 one time Jason couldn't make a single hit against a player standing still - the bullets went through the player.

Lucas, are client-side hits computed with OpenGL colour picking? How sure are you that different drivers are returning perfect results?

(25 Oct 13, 05:07PM)Jpablon Wrote: so probably some hits are lost because the interpolation is not good and the anticheat adds more jitter now.

All the 1.2 servers seem kind of laggy to me, is that the anticheat taking too much computation?
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 13, 01:47PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Hits happen even after you die don't they? Do you mean because another player has already killed that player?
i think he means that because of the high ping they have, after they die, the 200/300ms delayed bullets they shot right before they died dont count anymore

Roflcopter Wrote:All the 1.2 servers seem kind of laggy to me, is that the anticheat taking too much computation?

This^
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 13, 01:47PM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(25 Oct 13, 05:07PM)Jpablon Wrote: It would not help at all, some hits are discarded because you are dead, also "onHit" delivers the same information that you get on the server.

Hits happen even after you die don't they? Do you mean because another player has already killed that player?

2 things can happen.

1) A hit is discarded because the actor died too soon. E.g. :
(assuming A and B are two players and A's ping is much greater than B's)
example (time values randomly picked)
t = 0
A hits B from A point of view

t = 10 ms
B hits and kills A from B point of view

t = 60 ms
B hits and kills A from server point of view

t = 100 ms
B knows his hit was registered and that A is dead

Then there are too possibilities :
    t > 360 ms
    Server receives A hit-claim. But it's too late : A had already been dead for a "long" time (over 300 ms) when he hit B.

t < 360 ms
    Server acknowledges A hit on B.

The margin is 300 ms. ("DEATHMILLIS" in source code)

2) A hit is discarded because target is already dead

t = 0
A hits B from A point of view

t = 60 ms
Server acknowledges hit and kill. B is dead from server pov

t = 80 ms
A hits B from A point of view (because the server didn't say he was dead yet)

t = 110 ms
A receives a packet from the server notifying him that B is dead.

t = 140 ms
Server receives A hit-claim on B. Hit is discarded since B is already dead.

(26 Oct 13, 01:47PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Lucas, are client-side hits computed with OpenGL colour picking? How sure are you that different drivers are returning perfect results?
What ?!
Client side hits are computed from the target vector which is computed itself from open gl depth buffer.
It's a trick, i don't like it, but it works with most drivers.
if you see blood, or if your accuracy increases every time you feel unhits, it wouldn't be the problem.
Apart from a few rare cases, i think it works good.[/quote]

(26 Oct 13, 01:47PM)Roflcopter Wrote: All the 1.2 servers seem kind of laggy to me, is that the anticheat taking too much computation?
I didn't notice more lag on 1.2 servers.
It wouldn't be ACAC anyway i think, since it's very light.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 13, 02:08PM)Luc@s Wrote: ...
Is there a chance to increase the "deathmillis" or made it work in different way?
Thanks given by:
so if i play with a ping greater than 300ms i'm at a massive disadvantage?

i don't exactly understand the point of adding this "feature" other than putting people with high ping at a disadvantage.
Thanks given by:
If I understand correctly, and DEATHMILLIS is new to me so I may well be wrong, but ping measures the time it takes a packet to get to the server and back. So I think you'd need to have 600 ping more than your enemy to be at disadvantage. Can you confirm/deny this Lucas?

(26 Oct 13, 02:08PM)Luc@s Wrote: What ?!
Client side hits are computed from the target vector which is computed itself from open gl depth buffer.
It's a trick, i don't like it, but it works with most drivers.

Where in the code should I be looking?

From memory, Jason's case involved no blood and the bullets hit the wall behind the player. It was very very weird but I think indicates a client-side issue (which I imagine could be a driver bug).
Thanks given by:
i've always felt in 1.2 that playing with a ping higher than 300 has been a huge disadvantage to me and if this theory with bullets not coming sometimes if you have more than 300 ping is right that would surely be why.
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 13, 01:53AM)Undead Wrote: so if i play with a ping greater than 300ms i'm at a massive disadvantage?

i don't exactly understand the point of adding this "feature" other than putting people with high ping at a disadvantage.
you don't get why the server should not allow dead players to hit other ppl ? ask cheaters !
(27 Oct 13, 04:57AM)Roflcopter Wrote: [...]
1; i'd say yes
2; look @ worldpos occurrences in the code and also weapon.cpp and its hitbox collision detection functions (intersect*)
from what you say, if the ray hit the wall /behind/ the player, the way worldpos is computed is not to blame.
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 13, 10:08AM)Luc@s Wrote: you don't get why the server should not allow dead players to hit other ppl ? ask cheaters !

what
Thanks given by:
what don't you understand
Thanks given by:
Are you able to play this on the new Chromebook by Google. I might get the laptop and its a new software.
Thanks given by:
Not 100% sure but I don't think so. AFAIK it only runs the chrome browser & various google apps, gmail/docs/etc.
Thanks given by:
^ this
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your profound insight, PhaNtom.
Thanks given by:
Anytime. I'm always happy to not help.
Thanks given by:
Tag-error

Sorry if this is the wrong place: I couldn't find a proper debugging thread. Among the other bugs I often have there is one that maybe it's specific for MacOsX (and maybe only for 10.6.8.) I often get disconnected for a not better specified "tag-error". After I reconnect to server, usually AC crashes.
I was talking to another player yesterday (same OS) and he was experiencing the same bug.
I asked around and none else had this problem, so maybe it was worth reporting it. Ty
Thanks given by:
I think there is bug with binds, somrtimes when I'm writing It uses the bind. For example if I want to write "hit 2" It will use the bind 2 (in my case It'll connect to a server) so It's pretty annoying.
Thanks given by:
(28 Oct 13, 10:12AM)ketar Wrote: Tag-error

Sorry if this is the wrong place: I couldn't find a proper debugging thread. Among the other bugs I often have there is one that maybe it's specific for MacOsX (and maybe only for 10.6.8.) I often get disconnected for a not better specified "tag-error". After I reconnect to server, usually AC crashes.
I was talking to another player yesterday (same OS) and he was experiencing the same bug.
I asked around and none else had this problem, so maybe it was worth reporting it. Ty

I have the exact same bug
Mac OSX 10.6.0
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 13, 10:33AM)MotoShadow Wrote:

I have the exact same bug

Ditto
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Thanks given by:
I havent really had any 1.2 problems on OS X (probably besides fullscreen problem). It doesnt crash much on OS X Mavericks
Thanks given by:

I also get this same problem
Mac OSX 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion)
Thanks given by:
that's why it was already reported weeks ago and fixed weeks ago.
Thanks given by:
Today, i played match with 45 and was unplayable for me. I get auto banned/kick, "tag error", "error type", every minute. When i return, and play for 5 seconds, my client crashes. Not only today i experience the problem, i been experiencing for weeks. Btw i use mac 10.6
Some server kick/ban more then others, and i get kicked extra much when i have like 2-3 ratio(when i play better). Please fix this problem for 1.2.0.1
Thanks given by: