Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACWC/ACTV clients
(19 Jul 13, 06:28PM)hgf-arg Wrote: I just tried it in a non-acwc server.
After 10 minutes +/-, all my chat messages seemed to have a delay, weird thing. Is it just me?, because that thing never happened before.
Good work, and we are waiting for the Linux version.
it was just lag.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 06:28PM)hgf-arg Wrote: After 10 minutes +/-, all my chat messages seemed to have a delay, weird thing. Is it just me?, because that thing never happened before.

I get that a lot when i seem to type very fast or use multiple keys at once (i think thats what triggers it). I have to restart AC to stop it.

Good job lucas!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the answer Luc@s and Optic, I'll do some more testing.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 05:05PM)Luc@s Wrote: The 60 ms delay is arbitrary, it could be changed to whatever.
I picked this value because its closer to the feeling that you can have on usual servers. Not setting any delay may be confusing (making the hitsound hard to ear because it's triggered at the same time as the fire sound)

it would be exactly the same as if you played AC on a LAN, i imagine.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 09:40PM)Undead Wrote:
(19 Jul 13, 05:05PM)Luc@s Wrote: The 60 ms delay is arbitrary, it could be changed to whatever.
I picked this value because its closer to the feeling that you can have on usual servers. Not setting any delay may be confusing (making the hitsound hard to ear because it's triggered at the same time as the fire sound)

no.
if you were playing AC on LAN the hitsound would NOT be played on the same frame as the fire sound.
there would be a delay (~10ms).

EDIT: well actually it may even be more than 10 ms
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 10:13PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(19 Jul 13, 09:40PM)Undead Wrote:

no.
if you were playing AC on LAN the hitsound would NOT be played on the same frame as the fire sound.
there would be a delay (~10ms).

EDIT: well actually it may even be more than 10 ms

why would there be a 10ms delay if your ping is <1 on a LAN?
Thanks given by:
My ping generally is ~20ms on LAN.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to change the country flag? Or it can only be switched off/on?
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 13, 04:05AM)Undead Wrote: why would there be a 10ms delay if your ping is <1 on a LAN?

(20 Jul 13, 05:35AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: My ping generally is ~20ms on LAN.

^this.
Also, messages are sent to the server every 40 ms, which increase the delay "randomly"
and FPS isn't infinite, causing additional little differences
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 13, 08:41AM)VectorM12 Wrote: Is it possible to change the country flag? Or it can only be switched off/on?

what do you mean :
  • you want the flag that appears next to your own name in other players scoreboard ?
  • you want to use another set of flags ?

#1 is not possible
to achieve #2, just replace packages/misc/countryflags.png with your own
HOWEVER you may have to change packages/config/countryflags.cfg accordingly
so you need to know what you are doing !!
Thanks given by:
ACTV client - maybe bug, but u can kill only with nade, epic hack client for lss (edit: nvm , it's feature, only now noticed)
for gemas - just awesome, finally ac devs did gema client ;)
Thanks given by:
Is any decision made so far about "haxjump" script? Luc, are you planing to block it? Hope you do :)
Thanks given by:
This client seems to be hit fixed, i tested on fd servers with different fps, always got 0% drops. According to this thread, this is a cheat client. Maybe it shouldn't be alowed in public servers.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 13, 04:58PM)macm Wrote: Maybe it shouldn't be alowed in public servers.

I let you guess what's the unique use of this client. :P
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 13, 07:33PM)ExodusS Wrote: I let you guess what's the unique use of this client. :P

I can still connect to public servers with it.
Thanks given by:
Yes, the hitreg fix was asked.
so i implemented it.

there is currently a discussion in a private section on the forums to release fixed clients anyway.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 13, 05:35AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: My ping generally is ~20ms on LAN.

i'm either confused or you're completely incorrect.
if you're getting 20ms to a LAN, then how do other people get sub 20 ping to a server hundreds of kilometers away, and how do i get <1ms to a local server on my own computer?
Thanks given by:
Don't know, all I know is this:
[Image: Ezxibo6.png]

Faster your computer is, the better ping you will have connected to a LAN server. I rarely see sub 20 ping to a server hundreds of kilometers away, but w/e.
Thanks given by:
Nice work :).

/hitsound 2 is great, the hitsount when you're specting someone would be good too.

I have some doubts about the reliability of this client :P. The first thing I noted was that the statistics of weapons are still there (spread, recoil, etc), Is there a "challenge" sent to the client to ensure that these values are correct?

btw: There are two commands to make the map brighter, maybe if the jumphax is removed those commands should be removed too (or fixed to work on coopedit only)
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 04:43AM)Jpablon Wrote: btw: There are two commands to make the map brighter, maybe if the jumphax is removed those commands should be removed too (or fixed to work on coopedit only)

Well I don't think so, I have always used /gamma 200 just because my eyesight isnt great and I need to see something on my screen.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 04:43AM)Jpablon Wrote: I have some doubts about the reliability of this client :P. The first thing I noted was that the statistics of weapons are still there (spread, recoil, etc)...

What? Where is this?

Also, gamma is good because each screen displays differently.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 06:35AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(21 Jul 13, 04:43AM)Jpablon Wrote: I have some doubts about the reliability of this client :P. The first thing I noted was that the statistics of weapons are still there (spread, recoil, etc)...

What? Where is this?

Also, gamma is good because each screen displays differently.
server.h, line 473
^^ it goes directly to the binary file and can be changed easily by anyoNe.

I was talking about "/scalelights 200 200" and "/lightscale 1; recalc"
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 04:43AM)Jpablon Wrote: I have some doubts about the reliability of this client :P. The first thing I noted was that the statistics of weapons are still there (spread, recoil, etc), Is there a "challenge" sent to the client to ensure that these values are correct?

don't worry about this.
but i won't give details.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 06:59AM)Jpablon Wrote: server.h, line 473
^^ it goes directly to the binary file and can be changed easily by anyoNe.

I was talking about "/scalelights 200 200" and "/lightscale 1; recalc"

no problem about that guninfo thing ;)
i'll remove some commands like debugging stuff and such also
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 09:12AM)Luc@s Wrote:
(21 Jul 13, 06:59AM)Jpablon Wrote: ...

no problem about that guninfo thing ;)
i'll remove some commands like debugging stuff and such also

ok, thanks.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 02:42AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Don't know, all I know is this:
[Image: Ezxibo6.png]

Faster your computer is, the better ping you will have connected to a LAN server. I rarely see sub 20 ping to a server hundreds of kilometers away, but w/e.

i don't know how to explain that

[Image: XVHsaaV.jpg]

you should always get a ping of 1 or less to a LAN, no matter what the application is. i don't exactly know what, but something must be happening on the software side of things for you to get a ping of 16.

i would consider this to be a bug.
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested in seeing if I'm right, and it has to deal with how fast your computer is.

Or maybe it is an fps deal.

* Ronald_Reagan goes to test

Edit: Yes, it does:
[Image: kvqBRTB.png]
[Image: 6cBu9HN.png]
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 09:16PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I'd be interested in seeing if I'm write
Thanks given by:
Gah, fixed.

Example of what happens when I dont focus on what I am doing.
Thanks given by:
It's related to the FPS but, RR has 302 for 2 of ping, Undead has 250 for 1. lol (multiple of 25 again? :p)
Thanks given by: