Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACWC/ACTV clients
All the players participating to the world cup will have to use our official clients during the tournament.

I'm providing a package containing :
  • the ACWC client (which have to be used by every player, sub, and also by the referee)
  • the ACTV client (which should be used by the broadcasters/other specs)

/!\ MATCHES PLAYED ON UNOFFICIAL SERVERS/NOT RUNNING THE ACWC BINARIES WILL BE IGNORED /!\
/!\ PLAYERS NOT USING THE ACWC CLIENT WILL BE REFUSED /!\

(download instructions at the bottom of this post)

Features

ACWC client features

The ACWC client features require an ACWC server to be turned on. If flags don't come up, or if some of the following features aren't available, don't play an ACWC match on this server. it will be ignored

• a few anticheat protections. the referee can check whether someone is currently using the ACWC client or not. i won't give details, but it's the most important feature in this client. most work is hidden, however you may be interested by the additional features :
  • ability to see what others client are using. "acwc" means the acwc client (which is verified). "actv" means the ACTV client, but the check isn't secured. "1104" means "whatever else". You can check it from the scoreboard or doing a /whois.
  • hitsound: "/hitsound 1" is the default behavior. "/hitsound 2" will plays the hitsound 60 ms after shot fire, whatever your ping
  • hit reg fix
  • /showcountryflags can be used to enable or disable country flags in the scoreboard (default: enabled)
  • customizeable scoreboard, as in the SVN (read the docs here : http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference..._clientnum)
    Here are the parameters that can be displayed/hidden/moved in the scoreboard :

sc_clientnum {priority} (can't be disabled)
    sc_deaths {priority}
    sc_flags {priority} (can't be disabled)
    sc_frags {priority} (can't be disabled)
    sc_lag {priority}
    sc_name {priority} (can't be disabled)
    sc_ratio {priority}
    sc_client {priority} (shows what client other people are using)
    sc_score {priority}

(Priority -1: disable, low priority: left, high priority: right (from -1 to 100))

Screenshot: http://hfr-rehost.net/self/f1e1c2d52b944...b19a3f.jpg

ACTV client features

Hint: you can't be sure that someone is really using this client when he claims to be.
  • ability to see what others client are using. "acwc" means the acwc client (which is verified). "actv" means the ACTV client, but the check isn't secured. "1104" means "whatever else". You can check it from the scoreboard or doing a /whois.

• /showcountryflags can be used to enable or disable country flags in the scoreboard (default: enabled)

• customizeable scoreboard, as in the SVN (read the docs here : http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference..._clientnum)
    The parameters are the same as in the ACWC client, although there is one more (sc_accuracy, which can be turned on/off, off by default).

• /radarlabelscale (min: 0.5f, default: 0.8f, max: 1.5f)
  • /showmap (0 = hidden, 1 = right top + scaled, 2 = default minimap (big and centered)
  • /minimapx (min: 0, default: 100, max: 2000)
  • /minimapy (min: 0, default: 100, max: 2000)
  • /setteam {team} {team name}: will set a team's name. e.g: /setteam 0 "Italy" will set CLA's name as Italy.
    /setteam 1 "Brazil" will set RVSF's name as "Brazil".
  • /drawmesh (0 = hidden, 1 = draw "waypoints" history on the minimap, 2 = experimental, do not use)
  • meshteam (0 = show CLA mesh data, 1 = show RVSF mesh data)
  • meshwalks (min: 5, default: 10, max: 100) (scale data for mesh drawings)
  • you can't shoot with that client (but you can throw nades, hehe)
  • minimap shows players of both teams at the same time

Download

Currently, only the windows version is available. Linux64 will come soon. Please, if you're using mac/linux, notify me here.

Latest version (version 3)

Installation instructions

Windows

Just extract the archive corresponding to your OS in your AC installation folder.
Then you have two options.

#1 You have installed AC in multi user mode.
(which is the case if you're grabbing your screenshots from "your documents/assaultcube_v1.1.0.4..")
In this case :
Make a copy of your usual launcher (shortcut or bat file).
Then, edit it's properties (if shortcut) or content (with notepad, if bat file).
And then, replace "ac_client.exe" by "ac_client_acwc.exe".
Save the properties/file content and start the acwc client from the copy you made.

#2 You have installed AC in single-user.
Then run the right launcher. "ACWC.bat" will run the acwc client, and ACTV.bat the ACTV client.
Configs will be saved in the installation folder. If you don't want that, edit your launcher by yourself accordingly.

Linux

Do it yourself

Mac

Do it yourself

You can test it @ /connect gaia.woop.us 2013

If you have any bug to report, or anything to suggest, please do it here. Also, you will have to download the binaries again before the beginning of the tournament. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Please make inters (or clan matches) with these clients @ /connect gaia.woop.us 2013 to test them.
Thanks given by:
Looking good!
Thanks given by:
Good job, Luc@s. :) Thanks!
Thanks given by:
First inter with the client. Feels lovely q:3
Nice job! :D
Thanks given by:
Perfect, congratulations Luc@s !
Thanks given by:
Dem bright skins vanq.

Very well done Luc@s, Ty
Thanks given by:
Great job mate, but I puzzled with this: "minimap shows players of both teams at the same time"? Is this wise? I hope I didn't get the idea, cause this sounds like radarhack to me :P. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 08:57PM)RAMPAGE Wrote: Great job mate, but I puzzled with this: "minimap shows players of both teams at the same time"? Is this wise? I hope I didn't get the idea, cause this sounds like radarhack to me :P. Sorry if I misunderstood.
It is radarhack. But you can't shoot with the ACTV client.
It should be used by spectators.
Thanks given by:
no played yet with this client, but first what i tested - /bind lctrl [crouch;jump] , are you joking ? so hard to make this bind impossible ?
Thanks given by:
I hadn't planned to remove that, because i actually didn't consider it as cheating and their was non consensus about removing or not.
If you can't ask nicely, you will never get what you want.

If the organizers ask me to remove it, i will consider doing it.
Thanks given by:
(Thank you for your comments, everyone else ;) )
Thanks given by:
well, there is actually a widely held consensus that the bind is classified as cheating.
i'm sure the organizers will ask you to remove it.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 09:01PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(18 Jul 13, 08:57PM)RAMPAGE Wrote: Great job mate, but I puzzled with this: "minimap shows players of both teams at the same time"? Is this wise? I hope I didn't get the idea, cause this sounds like radarhack to me :P. Sorry if I misunderstood.
It is radarhack. But you can't shoot with the ACTV client.
It should be used by spectators.

Yep I got it, I forgot u made both for players and casters :) gj :D

P.S. Block the jumphax pls :)
Thanks given by:
great job, didnt test it yet ! ^^

And yes, I think everyon agrees that the jump bind should be removed, eventhough it's up to vanquish harrek and newbie to decide if it should be
Thanks given by:
Sorry Lucas, if i was rude, but you saved cheat in your anticheat client, and it's looks like trolling (for me)

Anyway, good client, thx

ps: haxjump (skill, by time and hard training 1-3 months) is not haxbind (script, 1 sec to make)
Thanks given by:
When someone doesn't have the acwc client when you connect you see that he have the actv client :

Look at gosfly on the chat and on the scoreboard.

[Image: 29295620130718211855acdesertDM.jpg]

It isn't really a bug, just letting you know.
Thanks given by:
Nice contribution!! :D acwc will be so entertaining this year
LeaN.
Thanks given by:
Good job Luc@s;
I want also thanks to GsF client for flags ideas...
And yes, please remove "jumphax".

PS: Nice feedback Million!
Thanks given by:
ahahaha GJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Now nobody can accuse lexus hack kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk <3 <3 <3 <3
Thanks given by:
So basically this client can be used on any server but its new features will be disabled unless it's used on a special modified server?
Thanks given by:
I'm in love with /hitsound 2 <3 so awesome! for South American and Aussie players, It's great help ;-)
Love how the Chilean flag is in the middle!!! :-D

(19 Jul 13, 12:06AM)xXxLeXuSxXx Wrote: ahahaha GJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Now nobody can accuse lexus hack kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk <3 <3 <3 <3

You will still be a cheater in our hearts <3 (jk)
Thanks given by:
heya Luc@s! Just wondering...there will be a mac ACWC client, right? If so, when will it be out?
Thanks given by:
Requesting the ability to turn off clientnum.
I don't see the point of viewers needing to know, thanks.

EDIT:

Just a quick note; this is the scoreboard I will be using for the streams.
[Image: OJD5wj3.jpg]

Obviously flags would be there for ctf.
Thanks given by:
Finally i can show you all my hax jump skills without being accused of binding :D

GJ dude and thanks for the work :)
Thanks given by:
60ms hitsound delay, what was the other acwc clients delay?

@ endgame u seriously never used last years acwc client?
Thanks given by:
Hi all... if someone did install it correctly on Ubuntu, please explain it to me :)
Thanks given by:
@vermi, I did try it, i didnt play last acwc though. Anyways, I don't remember it to be as accurate as this one (is it exactly the same) or I'm a bit more concerned about little details now, who knows?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 10:22PM)Million Wrote: When someone doesn't have the acwc client when you connect you see that he have the actv client :

Look at gosfly on the chat and on the scoreboard.

[Image: 29295620130718211855acdesertDM.jpg]

It isn't really a bug, just letting you know.

it is a bug, minor yes, but still a bug. will be fixed.

(18 Jul 13, 10:48PM)Krayce Wrote: Good job Luc@s;
I want also thanks to GsF client for flags ideas...
i didn't know the GsF client has such a feature, and i don't find it that much original.
and ofc i don't know how it was implemented on the GsF client, but i like my method anyway which allows server owners to put flags in their server MOTD/info file or with SV_SERVMSG.

(19 Jul 13, 05:58AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: heya Luc@s! Just wondering...there will be a mac ACWC client, right? If so, when will it be out?
Yes.
Soon.

(19 Jul 13, 06:28AM)DrauL Wrote: Requesting the ability to turn off clientnum.
I don't see the point of viewers needing to know, thanks.

EDIT:

Just a quick note; this is the scoreboard I will be using for the streams.
[Image: OJD5wj3.jpg]

Obviously flags would be there for ctf.
ok why not
it was mainly because sc_clientnum's column is also the column that is used for team names

(19 Jul 13, 08:48AM)Vermi Wrote: 60ms hitsound delay, what was the other acwc clients delay?
i don't know. ask larry how he did that. maybe he didn't add any delay.
i just tried larry's client very recently to test its weakness, and only for about 10 minutes, and i didn't even shot one bullet, i think.

The 60 ms delay is arbitrary, it could be changed to whatever.
I picked this value because its closer to the feeling that you can have on usual servers. Not setting any delay may be confusing (making the hitsound hard to ear because it's triggered at the same time as the fire sound)
Thanks given by:
I just tried it in a non-acwc server.
After 10 minutes +/-, all my chat messages seemed to have a delay, weird thing. Is it just me?, because that thing never happened before.
Good work, and we are waiting for the Linux version.
Thanks given by: