8th Official Mapping Competition!
What's the rule for being best newcomer? Publishing no more than 2 maps right? Do these 2 maps include the entry or not? (Basically asking if MathiasB is a newcomer, since he had published hacienda and bastille, and then his entry was agora)
Thanks given by:
It is 2 previous maps, not counting the entry. Though from my research MathiasB has released more then 2 maps. He entered a previous contest with ac_darkfuel, hacienda, and bastille, meaning he is not counted as a newcomer, sadly.

For extra info on his previous contest entry, please click here
Thanks given by:
I'm indeed not a newcomer. I've made my first map yeaaaaaaars ago. Unfortunately I haven't got those maps anywhere...
Thanks given by:
Hi Cleaner, Thanks for letting me know that you can't judge. I hope you get better soon!
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 12:43AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: It is 2 previous maps, not counting the entry. Though from my research MathiasB has released more then 2 maps. He entered a previous contest with ac_darkfuel, hacienda, and bastille, meaning he is not counted as a newcomer, sadly.

For extra info on his previous contest entry, please click here
Oh damn, i could have been a newcomer if i would have waited with those lss maps lol.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info, Halo.
Well in that case...Cemer and I look forward to seizing the title of "Best Newcomer."
Our map will be out-of-this-world awesome.
Thanks given by:
Well, then I'm really interested in those maps :)
Thanks given by:
Bump: Little update. Added sounds/details, bug fixes, etc. Nothing major. Same link.
Thanks given by:
So is this link : http://db.tt/vD9G0uQ1 up to date?
What's the up to date download link ? I'd like to be sure before updating your map on akimbo
Thanks given by:
Yep, that's it. Ty :)
Thanks given by:
Well, this is the last day of the mapping competition. Can't say there has been many entries, but I shall still review the submissions regardless of whether they've won their category by default. GG mapping, you shall be forever missed.
Thanks given by:
sr_deadwood by SrPER$IAN
Click to Download
West wild is one the most popular periods in American history. That’s why the western is a genre of various art, such as film, television, radio, painting and today AC. Deadwood Town or sr_deadwood is made to bring the atmosphere of wild west age to the game. It has been tried hard to be loyal to the reality as much as possible. Welcome to Deadwood Cowboys.

Map Story
Deadwood is actually one the most famous town during the wildest age of the United States, which grew too fast by gold miners. Story is based on a guy named as,"Billy the Kid", one of the most famous gunslingers of the wild west arrives the city with his gang to rob the bank, but they have no idea Marshal and his guys are waiting for them. The bank is located somewhere at the middle of the town, and war the begins when two sides spread out in the town from the Rail station from the South to the North which is the Church located.

Map Gameplay
The main town is made up of a main road which represent the middle path. There are also two more ways to the bases(left and right) which is passing inside the houses in the city. The sideways paths are connected to the main road in several spots which allows more exciting and unpredictable moves and teamwork. Most powerful pickups are intentionally located on the sideways paths, brings incentives to use all spots of the map according to the gameplay.(picture below)
[Image: 36062296970381106228_thumb.jpg]

Map Details
Deadwood is basically made for CTF wars, but it also fun to play TOSOK and some one-on-on OSOK Duels (though all modes are available for the map). The map consists of 13 main buildings such as Saloon, Rail Station, Post Office, Bank, Stable, Church, Hotel, Sheriff's Office, General Store and Babershop, which is supported by 10 player spawns for each sides and 20 for FFA. Since the map is not so big, personally it's suggested to play for max. 16 players.

Screenshots

Main street and Saloon Bar
[Image: 70187827670191237503.jpg]

Stable
[Image: 48534454731255585813.jpg]

General Store and Post Office at the right side
[Image: 54420762684627002856.jpg]

The Church(RVSF Base) and the Cemetry beside
[Image: 50820705101190574515.jpg]

Hotel and Sheriff's Office
[Image: 05451539331873226799.jpg]

Appreciation
Surely my big Thanks belongs to DES|cleaner, who really supported me a lot with his masterpiece models[most of the new models in the map is made by him]. I have made something for him to appreciate a corner of his efforts in akimbo.
Also let me say my special thanks to Aslowoldman,Raczo, Thesniper09, Misterfloppy and boeufmacironton who have made some other models in this map. Also I thank alot Snoosnoo[mapper of ac_wildwest], and Stupp[ac_western], I inspired a lot from their maps.

It's the time to draw your revolver and face your opponent in a duel. Rendezvous @ sr_deadwood. ; )
Goodluck.
ATTENTION : The map is made for SVN version only.
Click to Download

Edited :The map name got edited to sr_deadwood. My apology to Think3r(ac_deadwood mapper), surely the name similarity was unintetional at all.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the edit about SVN version (it was too late for me :P)
There is already another existing map with this exact name (ac_deadwood by Thinker) so I suggest you to rename it into something else or ac_deadwood2.

I only tested it ~5 mins and the overall layout is kinda good, I like how we can trough the entire map without using the middle.

There are some non-cliped mapmodels (expecially lantherns) and some mapmodels that need a better clip (and you should not use plclips for solid models, grenades will go trough it).

I don't know if this is a mistake from me but since I copy/pasted the entire model file... the mapmodel "western_sign1" and "western_sign2" failed to load.

The custom ambiance sound is cool and really bring you in the western theme, but I am listening to this while I'm writing this post, and I think it's a bit abusive to put it almost everywhere in the map (annoying ahhh).
Thanks given by:
That looks amazing. Custom Content ftw.
Hope you sign that up to be official on kiwi's poll thread. :)
Thanks given by:
It looks awesome, good work brother.
Thanks given by:
Quote:There are some non-cliped mapmodels (expecially lantherns) and some mapmodels that need a better clip (and you should not use plclips for solid models, grenades will go trough it).
Quote:I don't know if this is a mistake from me but since I copy/pasted the entire model file... the mapmodel "western_sign1" and "western_sign2" failed to load.
count it as my time limit. Actually this map is made only in less than 12 days.
Package Mapmodel error got edited.
-------
@Nightmare, Thx, sure I will. Edit : btw I get an error when trying to upload it on akimbo, you got an idea how to fix it?
---------
@Kamel , Thx Bro.
Thanks given by:
Your welcome <3

(15 Jun 13, 07:50PM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: Actually this map is made only in less than 12 days.
Package Mapmodel error got edited.
Incredible, i hope it will be perfect after got edited.
Thanks given by:
Very nice map!

BTW: I've update ac_agora (very small update)
Download: http://denbeke.be/blog/wp-content/upload...thiasB.zip (or the download link on the Agora webpage...)
Thanks given by:
SrPER$IAN, Your packaging is a bit of a mess and this is why you're having troubles uploading it on AKIMBO, they are also some licenses issues.

I'lm unavailable tonight but catch up with me on irc tomorrow and I'll explain everything.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 07:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote: There is already another existing map with this exact name (ac_deadwood by Thinker) so I suggest you to rename it into something else or ac_deadwood2.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 08:06PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: Incredible, i hope it will be perfect after got edited.

Today (assuming we are the 16) it's the deadline...
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 07:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote: There is already another existing map with this exact name (ac_deadwood by Thinker) so I suggest you to rename it into something else or ac_deadwood2.

ac_deadwood
dead link for the map itself btw
Thanks given by:
In before the lock:

ac_springtime is an Arabian/Urban styled map. The map is actually based on the historical events of the 'Arabian Spring'. I admit, not as historical as the Roman Empire, but still an historic event if you ask me!

The map in two screenshots:
Where's the minimap? Where's the minimap?
Here: You can find the map here:
ac_springtime download

I guess theres nothing left to say except: I hope you will enjoy my map :)
Thanks given by:
^^^this map. this map is good.
Thanks given by:
ac_tut
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0d4y29...ac_tut.zip

Normal sign-up, not newcomer, no custom content.
Mode: LSS
Map Version: 0.90 Beta
AC Version: 1.1.0.4
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/sw8eKVw.jpg
Thanks given by:
^Screenshots?
Thanks given by:
ac_tut must've taken ages to make...
Thanks given by:
(16 Jun 13, 09:51PM)PhaNtom Wrote: ac_tut must've taken ages to make...

~20 years like all pyramids.
Thanks given by:
Thanks to the mappers who participated in this.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure sr_deadwood hasn't been released before? The first SS looks like I've seen it before.
Thanks given by: