8th Official Mapping Competition!
(24 May 13, 07:51PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: I knew about those two, I was more or less talking about any entries that would be posted in the future. Would they too be available for auto download features? I'm assuming yes

of course, as soon as we upload them.
We upload as many maps as possible... (291 so far)
Thanks given by:
Alright, that answers my question (and I'm sure future entries as well). Thanks for the timely reply.
Thanks given by:
(24 May 13, 07:56PM).ExodusS* Wrote: @Z3R0: wtf

? :<

EDIT:
MerCyKiL Wrote:i dont really care what others think of it but this is the best map i have ever seen. holy shit.

Didn't see this, thank you very much. :)
Thanks given by:
(25 May 13, 12:12AM)Z3R0 Wrote: ? :<

your map stunts, if you don't win, this contest is a joke
Thanks given by:
Oh, thank you! Thought you noticed something horrible in it, ahah.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 13, 12:32AM)Z3R0 Wrote: Oh, thank you! Thought you noticed something horrible in it, ahah.

I've noticed 2 bugs and 1 thing that could be fixed. ;)
Thanks given by:
Working on the update now, found plenty of bugs and adding sounds. Pm me or something if you can, so I don't miss anything, cheers.
Thanks given by:
How many entries are there in total? 2? (Does RKTnoob's count?)
Thanks given by:
(25 May 13, 12:29AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(25 May 13, 12:12AM)Z3R0 Wrote: ? :<

your map stunts, if you don't win, this contest is a joke

Have you already seen every single map?
Wait until you've seen mine, it's by the way only with standard content my map, changes a whole lot :)

For those who are curious about my map.
If you want to know the theme/location... Take a closer look to the date 133 B.C. ;)
Thanks given by:
(26 May 13, 09:57AM)MathiasB Wrote: Have you already seen every single map?

Trust me, Z3R0's map is really at the top quality, actually there are less than 10 maps at this level.
Thanks given by:
That's your opinion exodus, but for me there are a lot of maps that are better than ac_pompeii. (not that I want to say I'm a better mapper).

In my opinion your maps are better than ac_pompeii...
Thanks given by:
(26 May 13, 09:57AM)MathiasB Wrote: If you want to know the theme/location... Take a closer look to the date 133 B.C. ;)
Siege of Numantia?
Thanks given by:
(26 May 13, 10:55PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(26 May 13, 09:57AM)MathiasB Wrote: If you want to know the theme/location... Take a closer look to the date 133 B.C. ;)
Siege of Numantia?

Pretty close :)
But it's not a siege, the date refers to something that happened with a location.

I'll post an image today :)
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing something to do with the Roman Emperor
Thanks given by:
Roman people is correct. But it's not an event :)
Thanks given by:
I was more or less talking about the city of Rome during that time frame, not a specific event.
Thanks given by:
Today I'll release the map!

The place where you'll be fighting in is a city like this, in a region where 133BC is an important date:)

[Image: Palmyra-Syria-Old.jpg]
(pictures is from Syria, which is not where it occurs :) )
(and the map will of course not be that detailed or ruined, this is the cube engine...)
Thanks given by:
Is it found on this page? :P
Thanks given by:
The kingdom of Pergamon?
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 04:53PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Is it found on this page? :P

Yes

(27 May 13, 05:02PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: The kingdom of Pergamon?

And (almost) Yes. More info will follow very soon!
Thanks given by:
"The kingdom of Pergamum is deeded to rome"
^
Dat it?
Thanks given by:
Yes!
Even more, whole Asia Minor :)

So here is my entry for the 2013 mapping contest...

It’s 133B.C., the Romans have attached Asia Minor to their empire. A new ‘provincia’ is born and lots of rich citizens are going to exploit the region under the lead of the ‘propraetor’.
One of those patricians starts building his own Greek-like polis, somewhere on one of the most deserted places of Anatolia. But not every patrician has the same amount of money and goods, and so his new polis becomes a very small polis built with cheap materials.
The patrician dies, while his city isn’t yet ornamented with marble or painted. It consist just of bare, brick constructions. Lots of materials are still inside the boxes waiting to be unpacked and to be used to decorated the polis.
But as their leader died, a Babylonian chaos was born, and no one had the power to finish the polis. One by one all its citizens went away to find their happiness in other places. And soon the desert starts to dominate the Agora of this small Greek Polis!

[Image: Agora-by-MathiasB.png]

Download and additional images: http://denbeke.be/blog/agora-greek-polis...-mathiasb/

Also posted on the 'real' forum: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6801.html
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid that due to serious health problems I will have to step down from the judge position.

Don't want to play the drama queen here so if any wonder I'll explain only via PM.
Thanks given by:
Hope you get better Cleaner.

Does he have to be replaced with another judge?
Thanks given by:
I nominate Aight.
Thanks given by:
I nominate ExodusS.
Thanks given by:
(28 May 13, 05:26PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I nominate ExodusS.

F2

Why are you so self-centered?
Thanks given by:
(28 May 13, 05:31PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Why are you so self-centered?

Actually it's you who are centered on me, my post was obviously sarcastic.
Plus on a more serious way, I've downloaded all maps and tested it on the SVN, saw it in all possible pov etc...
Thanks given by:
Most previous contest had 4 judges anyways. It is not exactly needed to have 5 judges. If anyone actually wants to be useful and be a judge, they can contact Snoosnoo who is the chairman of this mapping contest. Other then that, lets try to keep at least one thread around here slightly on topic and not full of mess. Hope you will get better Cleaner, take the time off and rest.
Thanks given by:
Nah, I pulled my entry out, so it doesn't count, even if the map itself rocks like roll ^_^
Thanks given by: