Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
(15 Aug 10, 02:21PM)Luc@s Wrote: Something else : why the "preview" directory is not located in the Assault cube datas directory ? it could be better when you upload a map :
packages
> maps
    mapname.cgz
    mapname.cfg
    > preview
    mapname.jpg

That is exactly what I tried, but which isn't working currently
Thanks given by:
but why there is only a preview dir in the installation dir and not in datas dir ?
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 03:21PM)Luc@s Wrote: but why there is only a preview dir in the installation dir and not in datas dir ?

that is the question
Thanks given by:
Demo of me not being able to pick up helmet -- Right at the very beginning. Yes, looks like I was really really laggy. I just remember, the helmet was there! I swear!
Thanks given by:
Yes... i checked this bug too... it affects the akimbo as well... but i did not find what is happening.
Thanks given by:
It seems to me like 1.1 was released in the official state to early. No offense to devs. I'll stick with 1.0.4 for now until stuff gets fixed up.

IMHO the gameplay is like that of a completely different game.

While the similarities remain i find that they are few and may cause a lot of us 1.0.4 guys to leave.
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 10, 05:15PM)Viper Wrote: While the similarities remain i find that they are few and may cause a lot of us 1.0.4 guys to leave.

tbh no one is forcing them to stay, though it would be damn sad if someone left cause of that :/
Thanks given by:
A lot of guys left the game when 1.0 was released...
Thanks given by:
:(
Natural selection FTW
Thanks given by:
Ive been here since 0.93, i aint leaving.
Back in MY DAY, we didnt have fancy anticheat detection and we had to fight over /claimmaster to get them cheaters out.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 10, 01:54PM)DrauL Wrote: Ive been here since 0.93, i aint leaving.
Back in MY DAY, we didnt have fancy anticheat detection and we had to fight over /claimmaster to get them cheaters out.

claimmaster is an unknown command. Maybe you mean /setmaster 1

... noob :P
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 01:07AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: FugBixed: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...00&r2=5625

You won't have this problem next release.

Thanks for the fix.

About the VSync not working, I realised that the Nvidia control panel on my computer had "Vertical Sync: Force Off". It isn't there by default, so it might have been one of my tinkerings that I forgot about. It works now.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 10, 03:31PM)LeeZH Wrote:
(15 Aug 10, 01:07AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: FugBixed: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...00&r2=5625

You won't have this problem next release.

Thanks for the fix.

About the VSync not working, I realised that the Nvidia control panel on my computer had "Vertical Sync: Force Off". It isn't there by default, so it might have been one of my tinkerings that I forgot about. It works now.

I should point out, that this now means people with ()[] in their names, will save correctly. However, people with " in their names, no longer will.

However, a gain of 4 chars to 1, seems worth it to me.
Thanks given by:
Bah, names shouldn't have double quotation marks either ways. The win should be bigger than a factor of 4.
Thanks given by:
Not sure how much of a bug this is, but I was unable to re-spawn in ac_toxic on |BC|Magneto, and it seems to be connected with the AFK kick function. I was unable to re-spawn for about ten seconds, and then got autokicked, and then was unable to reconnect until the end of that game.
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/TDM_ac...an_AFK.dmo
Thanks given by:
So far twice today, the 1.1 @ HI-SKILL server crashed for no apparent reason. The log-lines are here:
Aug 17 22:16:31 [85.222.171.x] FeelThePain lost the flag
Aug 17 22:16:32 [76.98.121.x] protectRedBase! returned the flag
Aug 17 22:16:35 [76.216.226.x] client connected
Aug 17 22:16:35 [76.
Aug 18 05:44:21 [121.221.96.x] DrauL|Xu says: 'So, i heard you hacked.'
Aug 18 05:44:28 [109.212.123.x] |BC|Aelik says: 'me?'
Aug 18 05:44:32 [121.221.96.x] DrauL|Xu says: 'Yep'
Aug 18 05:44:37 [109.212.123

Interestingly, the crash happens when an IP address is written out.
Thanks given by:
Only Drakas verified this server "crash" or other people is experiencing the same issue?
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 10, 02:49PM)Brahma Wrote: Only Drakas verified this server "crash" or other people is experiencing the same issue?

What do you mean by "crash"? I run it, then come back some hours later and it's dead...
Thanks given by:
Is there some "suspect" of this "crash" or do you think it is a "bug"?
Thanks given by:
wtf
Thanks given by:
It's not a bug, it's a feature !
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 10, 03:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: It's not a bug, it's a feature !
Hell yeah!

Brahma: I'd say it's a bug that causes a crash.

Drakas: can you compile it with debug symbols and run in GDB? Might be helpful. Of course, gdb needs lots of memory, so I don't know if that will work on your server.

Ah, and can you give us the last octet of |BC|Aelik's IP? I know, privacy, but since it crashed when trying to print that number...
Thanks given by:
my servers haven't crashed in the last 3 days, which was the last reboot of the whole server.
Thanks given by:
Maybe that's is not a bug, or maybe only happens to me but here is what i found:
If i change Autoexec.cfg, Assaultcube merges old autoexec version with new. For example, i remove alias 'aban', and i add new alias 'b'. After that i run AC, and then i can execute both commands 'aban' and 'b'. I fixed it just reseting all setting in AC config menu. But i think that's not normal. Btw allways good work devs :)
Thanks given by:
I think the crash is independent of that IP-printing, seems I ran out of diskspace so files were not written to. Must've been something else that caused the crash since the server doesn't crash, even at 0 diskspace right now. I'll check my other logs.
Thanks given by:
VallDiGna, that's just saved.cfg doing it's job. Anything you put in autoexec is also saved to saved.cfg, so even if you remove the entry it will still be there (and valid). With 1.1.0.2 there will be a "delalias" command so you can easily remove aliases.
Thanks given by:
Aug 18 04:24:34: [69.72.x.x] client $n!pe2K!ll called a vote: load map 'ac_shine' in mode 'ctf'
Aug 18 04:24:34: Demo "Wed Aug 18 00:24:34 2010: deathmatch, ac_desert, -0.00kB, 8 mr" recorded.
crashes here

Aug 18 11:01:33: [65.46.15.18] disconnected client week|old\player cn 0, 21 seconds played, score saved
Aug 18 11:01:33: Demo "Wed Aug 18 07:01:33 2010: deathmatch, ac_scaffold, -0.00kB, 8 mr" recorded.
and here

But doesn't crash here:
Aug 18 09:50:16: Demo "Wed Aug 18 05:50:15 2010: deathmatch, ac_desert, 0.00kB" recorded.
Aug 18 09:50:16: demo written to file "demos/11_DM_ac_desert_2010.08.18_0550.dmo" (0 bytes)
Thanks given by:
looks like
...-0.00kB...
is your problem then. :P
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info Gibstick
Thanks given by:
Drakas... do you have permission (or disk space) to write the demos in the demopath folder?
(Sorry... i think you already knew it is also triggered by the lack of disk space... sorry for my delay)
Thanks given by: