Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
Quote:1) I think nades should be same as before but there respawn time should be increased to say 45 seconds. I really don't get if i hold nade in my hand with 100 HP, Armour i try my best to suicide but don't die ;).
And why would you do that?

Quote:2) Shotgun gib is not good thing. It was already a powerful weapon now its just too much. Now its preferred weapon in deathmatch.
Umm, the shotgun gib is just a visual... It's exactly the same as 1.0 except when you kill a person with shotgun in one shot it says you gibbed him and body bits fly everywhere. It's still 1 frag...
Thanks given by:
I want same nades only for few reasons one i explained there(no suicide with 100 armour) other is developer say people just spam all day for ratio whoring so if nades spawn after very long time people have to move forward rather then stay there for them to respawn. Or you can say reduce the radius of impact but effect of the nade should be same.

Shotgun gib looks really awkward. Gib have played a very vital role till now in game it might take long time to get used to this xD. You can say its more Psychological then tactical effect.

What i trying to say in my old post was if you want to balance the weapons don't reduce the effect of powerful weapons (SMG, Sniper,Nade) but increase the effect of others further if needed.

Could someone please tell me new command for "showscore" i get message "no such command" when i try bind it in autoexe.cfg.
Thanks
Thanks given by:
IAF|@cid: bind BLAH [ showscores 1; onrelease [ showscores 0 ] ]
Thanks given by:
Thank you Gibstick

Have level of bots gone down i mean in 1.0.4 they were pretty much like aimbots. Now they are just not that effective. I mean i had ratio of 6-10 with them which is unusual with best bots that never happened in 1.0.4 my best there is 3.

Or is there any command to increase the level of bots.
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Can you maybe make a distinction between 2 frag gibs and 1 frag gibs, for example call the shotgun gib something different or play a "doublekill" sound for 2 frag gibs, and a gib sound for 1 frag or I don't know.
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 02:56AM)Brahma Wrote: now they are quite the same.... the weapons are better balanced now

AR is much better than smg, isn't it?

ty for the replys :-)
Thanks given by:
@IAF|@cid:
/botskillall best
Thanks given by:
Thx V-Man i used but result are same bots level is same as before.

[Image: 20100810202500acdesertb.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am also having some freeze in between the game just for second then is again back to normal. Anyone else is having that problem. Also little drop in FPS in 1.0.4 my fps was around 130-140 but here 80-90.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 07:32PM)Dustboy Wrote: Sometimes if you pick up a single nade you'll get two, sometimes if you pick up a double nade you'll receive one
Are you sure? Double nades only happen in lss. And since you can get up to 3, some players lose the count now...
Quote:Last swiss standing: If you are the survivor and you throw a nade it will not be deleted if it doesn't explode till timer runs out. It explodes after starting the new round and maybe hurts/kills a player immediately after spawn (I also remember this bug from 1.0.4)
Yes... you can throw, but the nade does not hurt *the enemies*. So, this is not a gameplay bug anymore.

(10 Aug 10, 08:46AM)IAF|@cid Wrote: 2) Shotgun gib is not good thing. It was already a powerful weapon now its just too much. Now its preferred weapon in deathmatch.
The shotgun gib is basically a *visual effect*!!
Quote:3) Helmets are making too much chaos i mean single armour was enough. It really effects the planning now and this also makes game slow or atleast remove some helmets from games like shine its like armour everywhere.
In some level I agree... but I would vote to increase the armor/helmet spawn time if there are few players in the map....

About the weapon balance, there is nothing to discuss imo... since each player will have a different opinion.... and we will never find a convergence.

(10 Aug 10, 07:31PM)M__Stayla Wrote: AR is much better than smg, isn't it?
I do not think so... they are managed to be the same... AR gives more damage per bullet and provides more precision, SMG shots more bullets and have more spread (better if you are hitting crowds)... so, in a dm ac_desert I would opt for a SMG and in a ctf ac_depot i would opt for AR.
Thanks given by:
:/ Dunno about the bots, mang. Maybe you're just so good that you don't notice the difference in their skill levels.

Put musicpreload 1 in your autoexec.cfg and see if that helps your freezing problem.

Gibstick has a script somewhere full of FPS-boosting settings.
Thanks given by:
texreduce -1         //Reduces texture resolution
trilinear 0          //Disables trilinear filtering
dynlights 0          //Disables dynamic lights
minlod 60            //Lower level of detail
vsync 0              //No vertical sync
gibttl 0             //No gibs
lighterror 20        //The higher, the faster, the uglier
And then play at a lower resolution (I use 800x600 lol).
Thanks given by:
I bet you took out bilinear to avoid RK's wrath. :-P
Thanks given by:
Yes I did :D
Thanks given by:
actully i felt the same when i played bots, in 1.0.4 bots skill difference was easily perceptible, now not.
probably because now weapons are really balanced and dont rely much on the god aim that best bots have.
but i'm not quite sure, i didnt investigate code to see if bots got changed or if it is cause of modded weapons...
Thanks given by:
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/V-Notes_prelim.zip
Thanks given by:
Thx V-Man musicpreload 1 worked :) for freeze problem.

For me FPS of 90 is good enough to play but i was talking in general does anyone else is feeling little dip in the FPS from 1.0.4 to 1.1.

@ Kirin these bots really don't know how to fire weapons i think they are of level one i guess.
Thanks given by:
Weirdly, when I first downloaded 1.1 my fps was around the 180's, while in 1.0.4 it was about 200-220, but now that I downloaded 1.1.0.1 my fps now goes from 200-250.
Thanks given by:
Glad that I'm not the only one with this issue. my framerate takes a hit if dynamic shadows aren't enabled (wtf?). Of course with a crappy Radeon X300 it's not even worth fixing but it would be nice if I could get 150fps again :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 08:46AM)IAF|@cid Wrote: 3) Helmets are making too much chaos i mean single armour was enough. It really effects the planning now and this also makes game slow or atleast remove some helmets from games like shine its like armour everywhere.

"it really effects the planning now"
That's the idea.

"makes the game slow"
Often, they're enroute of where you're going. Most are a second or two out of the way, at worst. If they make it harder for you to frag opposing players, then tough sh*t, become a better player :P

"games like shine"
There's 2 armour in shine, and 3 helmets. There's 3 main routes, 1 helmet is on each of the main routes. One armour is situated in the middle, the other in a tough spot which needs a lot of jumping to get to.

ac_douze
There are 2 armour, one in each base. 2 helmets, 1 requires a running jump from one of the bases to get, the other, is above the health pack on the platform, and requires the player to stand still, and jump to get it, leaving them vulnerable.

ac_power
(not going to mention armour now...) helmets: 3x.
One requires standing still on a platform and jumping, or rifle jump to get, and is in an area close to CLA base, where there is commonly concentration of rvsf vs cla fighting, leaving the player getting it, vulnerable.

The next is in the same area, but closer to RVSF, in a spot where the common confrontation also occurs placed where either team could equally manage to get it.

Next one is behind a very big pillar, again, in the place where a lot of confrontation occurs, on the opposite side of the map.

If you want to find out where the new helmets all are, use this command:
/particlesize 500; closestenttype "helmet"; entstats; toggleconsole

Read the console to find out how many helmets there are, then go to edit mode (press E), and fly around the map to the orange sparklys (which will now be really big).

(Use this command to reset that: /particlesize 100; closestenttype ""; toggleconsole )
Thanks given by:
Use the new command!
/seteditshow 7
Thanks given by:
Why does this appear when I open the 'Video Settings' menu?
http://i38.tinypic.com/rw6jnr.png
Thanks given by:
1. ingame command help

Sometimes the ingame command help which appears on typing is "lost" (doesn't appear anymore). I'm not able to reproduce this weird behaviour of the client (but happened 2 times now). Maybe a bug in the command recognition?

2. Not a bug, but an annoyance

In edit mode the cubes around the selection point are displayed now with an additional diagonal line. For a comparison see the image (left: 1.0.4, right: 1.1.01)

[Image: complexa.jpg]

I would like to see a revert to the old style (w/o diagonal) cause it's sometimes hard to distinguish the textures you want to change - especially whenever all variations come together (some gray and green lines plus red selection lines).
Thanks given by:
Your 1) sounds like an incomplete docs.cfg file (which is strange because it is now automatically generated). I'm working on a custom one.

@Wolf: If you haven't selected "Apply Now" under the video settings, you may not have given it a chance to save the gfxqualityalias. If it's just the error message bugging you, in-game type
/alias gfxqualityalias 0
before accessing the menu you mention. When you use that menu, be sure to hit "Apply Now" and exit the game correctly when you do exit.
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 10, 09:08PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Your 1) sounds like an incomplete docs.cfg file (which is strange because it is now automatically generated). I'm working on a custom one.

Well, mostly it works and then - boom - nothing happened anymore. Dunno why.
Thanks given by:
If you press F1 accidentally while typing you disable the documentation; happened to me enough times... F1 toggles it back again of course.
Thanks given by:
Like others I've seen here, I'm having a problem with v1.1.0.1 not finding its default textures.

My OS is Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring 64-bit.

<blockquote>
$ ./assaultcube.sh
Using home directory: /home/chris/.assaultcube_v1.1
current locale: en_US.UTF-8
init: sdl
init: net
init: world
init: video: sdl
init: video: mode
init: video: misc
init: gl
Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics (ATI Technologies Inc.)
Driver: 3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context
couldn't load texture packages/misc/notexture.jpg
could not find core textures (hint: run AssaultCube from the parent of the bin directory) (JPEG loading error)

$ pwd
/usr/games/AssaultCube_v1.1.0.1/1.1.0.1

$ ls -lh packages/misc/notexture.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40K 2010-07-17 14:34 packages/misc/notexture.jpg

$ file packages/misc/notexture.jpg
packages/misc/notexture.jpg: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.02

$ md5sum packages/misc/notexture.jpg
bcc88ece04d2fd65ef20a6081845163f packages/misc/notexture.jpg
</blockquote>

This is the precompiled 1.1.0.1 Linux client. I could try installing the 32-bit libraries and running the 32-bit client to see if it's a 64-bit issue if that would help. I could also grab the source and compile if necessary.
Thanks given by:
Mischief... maybe it is a SDL issue... check it.
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 10, 08:09AM)Brahma Wrote: Mischief... maybe it is a SDL issue... check it.

It turns out ld was getting confused. libjpeg8 existed, but in 32-bit only. libjpeg62 existed, but in 64-bit only. The game never complained, but it got confused when reading the JPEG file.

After playing around with the source and trying some debugging techniques, I got ld to complain about conflicting libraries while compiling. I forced Mandriva to install all the JPEG libraries in 64-bit versions, and the game starts flawlessly.
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 10, 10:36PM)GeneralDisarray Wrote: If you press F1 accidentally while typing you disable the documentation; happened to me enough times... F1 toggles it back again of course.

Thanks (stupid toggle feature)
Thanks given by:
Sometimes it gets in the way if you already know about the command but are looking at something on your console while typing. Always good to have the option.
Thanks given by: