Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
current_version is a new command in SVN, intended to let clients know they need to update, called on startup/connecting to the masterserver; am guessing that it wasn't properly patched in as later on, the clientside protocol was reverted to 1.1.0.1. V-fail ;)
Thanks given by:
anyway just do define current_version alias to fix this :p
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 01:28AM)anywaste Wrote: One thing that I don't get and have not seen adequately explained -- why is there now this limitation on what maps can be played? I saw somewhere above something about high ceilings causing a problem, but I have never experienced this. The only other explanation I've seen is that people were playing "weird maps," but this seems quite subjective. If you don't like a map, just don't play it. Why do we need to keep the people who do like the "weird" maps from playing them as well? Personally I think the weird user created maps were one of the cooler things about AC, even though yes, some of them were really irritating.

The default maps are all very small, compared to something like say, HeadshotCity. I think the bigger maps allow a different playing style that was a lot of fun as well...

Somehow my original comment got sidetracked to all this talk about 24 hour t/osok servers. But what I really was hoping for was some insight into why certain maps were banned, or rules were made as to what kind of maps were allowed. Anyone?
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 10, 07:15PM)anywaste Wrote: But what I really was hoping for was some insight into why certain maps were banned, or rules were made as to what kind of maps were allowed. Anyone?

I would like some info too please.
Thanks given by:
There's a thread for that, just look the link. I've forgot it :/

Mod edit: This one maybe? - http://forum.cubers.net/thread-556.html
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much.
Thanks given by:
If you type /radarheight it will say the min is 20 and max is 70, while actually you can use it between 11 and 100.
[Image: 2yysewm.png]
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-567.html
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 08:01PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
Quote:i'd like to know if a wiki info comes on future making a table of gun stats including recoil/spread/ms per shoot and others values for each gun.
You can actually find those stats in Gibstick's strategy guide

This doesn't include spread.
Thanks given by:
Spread has never been mentioned in any chart list for guns. It would be hard saying how much it would be since even if you say something like 2 cube meter/s it isn't that exact. If you're trying to find the spread of each weapon, then get used to the guns so you have an idea :)
Thanks given by:
I found a bug !
When a player name begins with / like for example "/clantag/username". When another client tries to write a message begining with a player name, you press tab, you get "/clantag/username" then you press tab another time, it doesn't shows the next player's name but it shows commands instead...
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 04:06AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: It would be hard saying how much it would be since even if you say something like 2 cube meter/s it isn't that exact.
Degrees?

EDIT:
I just noticed a de-facto bug:
Kick and ban votes now fail when the guy you tried to kick/ban disconnects while the vote is running. At a first glance, this makes sense. But as I noticed, some offenders have already discovered the other side of this and simply disconnect and immediately reconnect when someone calls a vote to kick them. If there's no admin around, you practically have no chance to get rid of them.
Thanks given by:
For kick votes this is ok, ban votes should probably succeed if the offender disconnects.

This has probably been mentioned already: In matchmode, there should obviously be no autobalancing. And in general autobalancing seems to shuffle too many players around at once, like 4 or 6 people on a 12 person server. It would be better to change the 2 players that influence the game the most, then wait 2 minutes if that has helped enough, then change 2 more if needed, etc. Also don't autochange people who hold the flag.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 10:34AM)Panda Wrote: Also don't autochange people who hold the flag.
Good idea. Maybe even extend that to shuffle votes, because I think many people vote those down as they fear their team might lose a flag (and it really happens from time to time).
Thanks given by:
In shuffle votes, if you let only the flag dudes not get shuffled, they will get to the base without even meeting an enemy, since they are all respawning... It would be better if when someone votes to shuffle and someone has the flag in any team a little message tells them " Invalid vote: someone has flag" or something.
Thanks given by:
I've got a problem.

Just 10 minutes ago, I tried playing AssaultCube. But when I move, it has a movement delay, the players moves 1 second after you've moved, and stops 1 second after you've let go.

It worked perfectly all the other times i've played it, but why so suddenly?

It a movement delay kind of thing.
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 03:32AM)anywaste Wrote:
(09 Aug 10, 08:01PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
Quote:i'd like to know if a wiki info comes on future making a table of gun stats including recoil/spread/ms per shoot and others values for each gun.
You can actually find those stats in Gibstick's strategy guide

This doesn't include spread.
Spread and recoil were removed. Ok hush now. http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Weapo...s_and_tips
Thanks given by:
Just into regards of my earlier post, it has come all good.

Possibly my computer may have been running slowly, but I don't think that is the case.
Thanks given by:
Bug Report:

Any bots using the SMG as their primary weapon will usually only fire in very infrequent, short (like 1-2 bullet) bursts. Seems like the frequency of these bursts gets larger as you move up in the harder skill levels, but regardless of the skill level, all bots do not currently fire the SMG correctly. (Spray to win. :P)

v.1.1.0.2
Thanks given by:
Also, maybe this could be fixed in the next version, been waiting for a long time. :D

Quote:case FHF: // FIXME: too simplistic collision with slopes, makes it feels like tiny stairs

Line 205, physics.cpp
Thanks given by:
using 1.1.0.2, I could see ammobox on ac_wasteland pf
Thanks given by:
Forgot about my ragepost earlier, consider this my public apology. u_u
Thanks given by:
THE ENTIRE GAME IS A BUG
DOUBLEPOST, I seriously hate this game now. Good Bye forever everyone. I'm off to eat breakfast.
Thanks given by:
Breakfast? Now?
Thanks given by:
Feature Request:

In 1vs1 games, please don't spawn players so that one is at the back of the other and can immediately start to kill the other. Just spawn the 2nd player somewhere else.
Thanks given by:
I don't like how you have to write /kick cn reason why can't it just be on the menu
Thanks given by:
menus_multiplayer.cfg
//menuitem "Kick/ban player..."        "showmenu kick/ban"        // only noobish vote abusers use this, if you really want it, just uncomment
Thanks given by:
Every time I've tried to use the windows installer, it keeps opening up a window in my web browser that goes to this link and I think it's supposed to go to the docs.

Mod edit:

Not sure what makes you think that it is okay to post these kind of links on an opensource FPS forum's, but IT'S NOT. You're better off quitting while you're still (not) ahead.
Thanks given by:
[spam removed]
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 10, 05:43AM)Habluka Wrote: Not sure what makes you think that it is okay to post these kind of links on an opensource FPS forum's, but IT'S NOT. You're better off quitting while you're still (not) ahead.
WTF?
Thanks given by: