Poll: Should we bring back all the maps now not allowed or not?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, bring ALL the maps back!!
40.00%
20 40.00%
No, I like being told what I am supposed to like & not like. I'm a sheep!
36.00%
18 36.00%
Only certain maps should be brought back.
16.00%
8 16.00%
Only bring back Headshotcity.
8.00%
4 8.00%
Only bring back the Zombie map.
0%
0 0%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Headshot City/Headshotcity/...
I'm looking for a couple of specific maps. Previous to the last several weeks, I haven't played AC in a while. I came back to play one day & the version of AC that I was familiar with was out of date & I needed to dl & install a new one, which was a pain but, there were some issues that certainly needed to be addressed & such, so it wasn't a big deal, unless those things would prove to be ignored.

Well, for the most part it seems that they have gone ignored! But, one of the unforeseen aspects that is now a reality is the absence of specific maps that were played with regular consistency before. I may not remember the exact names given to them but, I will describe them to the best of my ability.

1. "Headshotcity": Without a doubt the biggest map, with the largest playing area, that I have ever played on! You can literally take 30 or 40 AC players and stick them into this one map without feeling to cramped or that the landscape was overcrowded with idiots. (Let's face it, everyone is an idiot when they are in front of you and they won't move!) A few times while pulling up the server list I would find a map on there with the words "The Twin Towers". Well, that didn't make any sense but, at the time, having seen those words/that name before, I knew that clicking it would bring me into the Headshotcity map. I figured it was just mislabeled by whoever was running it at that moment in time. This particular map has at least 5 large, skyscraper size, building's. It is basically a perfect map and while there are some variations of it, in terms of the color of the walls, the building's, & the exact lay out, it is always distinguishable since there was no map larger, or better, than it.

2. "Zombie ...": A rather depressing looking map. In the center there's a building, sort of a large house with lots of rooms. The landscape surrounding the building is quite a large land area; dark and opaque in every direction, a well positioned sniper-troll could splatter you almost as fast as you spawned the moment that you entered the game. (I hate it when ppl that don't know how to honestly play the game take to camping on top of a spawning spot for the opposing team. This cranks up their frags and they probably feel good about themselves & yet actually playing the game, honestly, amongst talented players is something that they would never do! Those campers are ALWAYS a drawback, no matter what map you are playing on but you can find them on virtually any map and I encountered them rarely on this one, probably bc most campers are/were to intimidated by the landscape.) There is an intense howling wind throughout the entire landscape around the building that gives you a decent feeling of "I'd rather not be out here!" In many versions of the game there would be armor & health packs distributed evenly amongst the area surrounding the building and while I remember some users saying that you could get into the building climbing thru a window here & a window there, which was true, most players would just use the ladder to the balcony, connected to the adjacent bedroom, to get inside.

Just bc I haven't seen them in the game, after what was presumably this most recent AC upgrade, doesn't mean that they aren't allowed. But, having seen some post's here & there about how certain maps got canceled I must say that it seems apparent that those maps, the one's that did get canceled, are now no longer allowed bc some users didn't like a playing field where they didn't fair so well. Well, cry me a river, build me a bridge & get the "F" over it!! Don't play on those maps if you don't like them, it's as simple as that!

At the very least let the individual users who want to the ability to play the game in single player do so, with those other maps! And, granted, if there is some sort of a copyright on them & the user(s) that created those maps don't want to just let any user/player of the game to have them, then do keep in mind that while we would hardly be making any money off of your creation, if you really want I'll donate my time to something! Such as, after you partner with Facebook, I'll spend a portion of my day "liking" the insidious Farmville...

So, how about it!?! Let's bring back all the maps, hmm!
Thanks given by:
Sorry, we already beat all of our horses to a pulp. Consequently, nobody will be able to post anything constructive in this thread anyway.
inb4 lock

EDIT: seeing as the poll is the only part of this thread I have actually read, I would like to say, "biased much?" Thank you, that is all.
Thanks given by:
Those map restrictions were put in place AGES ago. The devs are not going to remove map restrictions just so a few good maps can be replayed, because there were also really crap maps that took advantage of uber high ceilings and massive areas. Allowing headshot city would also allow maps such as OMGNOOBZOR ROOM to return as well. I liked the original headshotcity, but is isn't coming back. It will be missed :'(

And also, map restrictions are becoming more strict, so it is an impossibility to play those maps again. Unless you give the devs lots and lots of money :)

EDIT: Inb4 lock :)
Thanks given by:
inb4 lock

You really made the only "No, the restrictions are fine" response seem really negative compared to the other poll choices. Biased, much?
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 04:39PM)VenteX Wrote: inb4 lock

You really made the only "No, the restrictions are fine" response seem really negative compared to the other poll choices. Biased, much?

The restrictions ARE negative!! What planet do you come from?!

Thanks given by:
o hay guiez, a dead horse

lets beat it
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 06:38AM)|LULZ|UmadBRO? Wrote: Those map restrictions were put in place AGES ago. The devs are not going to remove map restrictions just so a few good maps can be replayed, because there were also really crap maps that took advantage of uber high ceilings and massive areas. Allowing headshot city would also allow maps such as OMGNOOBZOR ROOM to return as well. I liked the original headshotcity, but is isn't coming back. It will be missed :'(

And also, map restrictions are becoming more strict, so it is an impossibility to play those maps again. Unless you give the devs lots and lots of money :)

EDIT: Inb4 lock :)

How were those maps "crap maps"?? Exactly what constituents a map to be a "crap map" based on the different objectives that every map is supposed to meet and fulfill; taking into account the drawbacks that perhaps every map is capable of, as well as what the specific difficult challenges were that those high ceiling & massive area maps consisted of! Not to mention the bare minimum necessary restrictions that, perhaps, everyone or virtually everyone would agree that there should be for every map?!

Those map restrictions, regardless of when they were put in place, should be removed, or at the very least resituated so that they make sense and aren't restrictive of the fun game playing that AC is supposed to have & at this point has decreasing amounts of bc of, at least if what you say is true, that map restrictions are becoming more strict.

Better to remove them sooner than later!

So, where the developers are concerned, pay them, spank them & take away their toys, etc., whatever it takes!
(20 Jun 11, 06:24AM)Bukz Wrote: o hay guiez, a dead horse

lets beat it

Or... we could just beat you! That sounds more productive and, quite frankly, a lot more fun!!

(19 Jun 11, 06:35AM)Lantry Wrote: Sorry, we already beat all of our horses to a pulp. Consequently, nobody will be able to post anything constructive in this thread anyway.
inb4 lock

EDIT: seeing as the poll is the only part of this thread I have actually read, I would like to say, "biased much?" Thank you, that is all.

Well, since many of the ppl on these forums obviously didn't post & contribute anything, constructive enough at least, then perhaps it is time for a rehash! At the very least in regards to Headshotcity, which is my favorite map, they still haven't brought it back and that would be a bare minimum step in the right direction.

And seeing as how I am so rude to have assumed that YOU would have something greater than the attention of a goldfish, I will go out on a limb and assume further that you are a sheep. Awvw, ...aren't you just the cutest thing?!!
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 06:38AM)Morpheus Wrote: Well, since many of the ppl on these forums obviously didn't post & contribute anything

The point is, we have all contributed things already. We have all discussed map requisites for so long that we can no longer tell them apart from apples. You are a bit late to the party.
Here, go read all these threads and see if you still have anything new to contribute:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3258.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3091.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3269.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3181.html
As you can see, the issue has been discussed in depth. You can rehash all you want, but you are talking to yourself.
Thanks given by:
NOONE HURTS MY BUKZY!
<3

Something constructive: Please look at the issue this way: the devs made the game and so they can do whatever the hell they want to it.
The devs put in the hard work so that you can go around pwning noobs (or possibly not), enjoying the game (or possibly not it seems) and not so you can complain that they are doing it wrong.
-Ol' Uncle Frog
Thanks given by:
Apollo Wrote:1.
If you want to have a thread with more than 50 replies and over 1000 views then just make a poll with a silly question.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 07:50AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
Apollo Wrote:1.
If you want to have a thread with more than 50 replies and over 1000 views then just make a poll with a silly question.

Freakin' amen.

And Morpheus, don't shit a brick just because people respond to your thread in the way you don't want them to. It's called an opinion- other people have them, too.
Thanks given by:
Morpheus, many have expressed opinions equivalent to yours (including me), and it doesn't do that much good. If you really want to play those maps, hang out on IRC and invite some players to go play them in 1.0
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 06:24AM)Bukz Wrote: o hay guiez, a dead horse

lets beat it

in b4 lock
Thanks given by:
Is it even possible to bring back only certain maps lol?
Thanks given by:
Rule no.1 of the forums. Don't mention any of "t3h n00b m4p5" in your first post.
As you can see Morpheus, people don't take too kindly to that here.
Don't get me wrong though, I'd also enjoy seeing some of the good ol' maps in 1.1 but from what I've gathered certainly some of the developers only want you to play maps that conform to their idea of a good map. So not headshot city. Something more like ac_scaffold.
EDIT: Oh, and
[Image: in-before-lock.gif]
Thanks given by:
This thread will NOT be locked due to fact it's debeatable
Thanks given by:
sure it's debatable, doesn't mean that'll stop a mod from locking it
Thanks given by:
Oh look, it's still open and we're already bitching about it being locked.

* Bukz facepalm
Thanks given by:
Yo Morpheus:
Quote:Cry me a river, build me a bridge & get the "F" over it!! Don't play on those maps if you don't like them, it's as simple as that!

Many of us have said a lot of things that we didn't like of the new release, but it all comes down to the same answer for all of us, stay and adapt or winne and leave.

So please, try to enjoy the game the way it wa supposed to be, and forget droping from a building thats mile high.

Btw the zombie map still works someone modded.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 07:02PM)Hellspell Wrote: sure it's debatable, doesn't mean that'll stop a mod from locking it

We can debate all we want, nothing is going to be accomplished. Morpheus has made it very clear that he already knows which answer is right, and he isn't going to change his mind.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 07:02PM)Hellspell Wrote: sure it's debatable, doesn't mean that'll stop a mod from locking it

Count the number of threads about this map issue in the past month and then see whether or not any more could be discussed.
Thanks given by:
And it all comes down to the final and decisive point that sooner or latter all of the "complaining threads" will reach:

Nobody gives a rat ass about them!!
Thanks given by:
I will!
Here de chort, have a trophy!!
[Image: rat_butt_art.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ban both maps as they both suck cashews
Thanks given by:
Repeating what i Just said in other post...

As maprestriction quality getting tighter and tighter, there will be more fun maps.

In fact, people will get ideas for map like...

Anti-jump
Logic Thinking Map
One-Way Tunnel
Circle Map
Crawling-only Map
Mini-rooms map
MiniTwinTowers
MiniHeadshotCity
MiniKingOfTheHills
FreakingCrowdedMap
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with King of the hill again?
Thanks given by:
What? Who said anything against King of the Hill?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't exist?
Thanks given by:
cant believe this dead horse hasn't gone to the glue factory yet
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 11, 04:26AM)HellJanitorIsHispanic Wrote: It doesn't exist?

It was a GEMA, huge and quite strange.
Thanks given by: