Assault Cube mapping contest goes green
We present to you the 5th official mapping contest
This being the first mapping contest for 1.1 we suspect to see some new things in this contest.

We are following a hot topic on the theme, the theme is in the topic name ;)
"goes green" is the theme, by this it leaves some room to work with, this could be from the sewer theme, to the grassland/wasteland theme, to even something like toxic, let yourself be free a bit, just keep to the greenish look ;)
also there is no restriction on if it has to be team mode or not (i.e arena type maps are allowed)

The judges: Ruthless, Woolly, and a_slow_old_man, Sanzo
The chairman (just like last time): pwnage
The judges will send him our scores so there is no influence on the scores based off someone elses, he will wait til he has all 4 and submit them altogether

We will judge on:
Theme
Textures
Lighting
Detail
Layout/Gameplay
and average (overall of the above)
all scores will be between 1 and 10, 10 being the best, 1 the worse

It starts now, the deadline is April 10th, you can enter your map at anytime, just post the link to download it in this topic

The rules:
* Map wasn't released anywhere before
* One map per person (more than one person per map is fine)
* No stealing
* No judge was involved in the process of making the map
* Anyone can enter, no requirements are set based off mapping experience

If you enter a map before the deadline, you can work on it some more, the latest version will be the one to be judged

you can make a coop map, but all people must be listed and they must not be listed on another map that is for the contest (in the case a coop map wins, its up to the persons who made the map to decide on how to split the prize, not the judges)

if you are new and working with a coop partner, this still counts as a new mapper, but only the new person in the team will get the gift card (so please define who is new), if there are multiply people in the group who are new to mapping, its between those persons to define how to split it

the prizes will be much like the last contest, 50 dollars in amazon gift cards
and an additional 25 dollars in amazon gift cards to the best new comer

let your mapping begin and good luck to everyone who enters
Have fun and best of luck!

Custom Media is allowed, but it may not affect gameplay (i.e mapmodels that not everyone would have)
custom skybox, textures, mapmodels (when not in the field of play), sounds, etc, are allowed and there is no limit to the number you may use

Entries:
ac_tropical by Bloodsport
ac_greenpeace by DaylixX and Brett
ac_majik by Robtics - newcomer map
ac_turtle3 by Pufe
ac_green_temple by Ronald Reagan - newcomer map - custom content (mapmodels)
ac_schematic_2 by ChaoticToSayTheLeast - newcomer map
ac_warhead by Andrez
ac_recic by Duckett and FatCat - custom content (mapmodels)
ac_hedge by nightmare - newcomer map
ac_palenque by Exoduss - custom content (mapmodels)
ac_dingy by Bukz and Halo
ac_viridis by Huntsman and Fate - newcomer map

All-In-One Package:

Download 5th MC - AIO
Thanks given by:
Custom content is allowed? And if so, what's the limit on the number of custom contents?
Thanks given by:
I'm no mapper, but good luck to all the future contestants!
Thanks given by:
oh yea, i forgot about the custom content rule, thanks mael
i'll edit my original post
Thanks given by:
I hope some great maps will come out of this. GL everyone. I will probably be running a mapping contest maps server again once there are a couple of good ones.
Thanks given by:
thanks panda, i'm glad you decide to run a server for the maps, i thought that was pretty cool last time and it shows that all that hard work isn't wasted
Thanks given by:
(10 Jan 11, 01:47AM)DES|Halo Wrote: there is no limit to the number you may use

256 for textures. :D

Thanks given by:
Has anyone ever reached that limit (while sincerely trying to make a good map)?
Thanks given by:
well yea :P bukz and i reached the limit on stellar (if you count the textures that are already included)
we had to cut a few un-used textures out so we would have room for our extras :P
Thanks given by:
Good luck to all contestants!

Boeuf hit the limit in one of his maps :P
Thanks given by:
if any mappers feel like that isn't enough time, i'm willing to discuss pushing it back a few weeks, i wasn't 100% set on a date so you might get lucky and talk me into it :P
Thanks given by:
Oooh, another mapping contest. Great! :D

*sigh* The theme is nowhere near the map I have had in mind...Oh well... Meh, time to get mapping.

Oh and I already have a map in progress....can I finish that and submit it?
Thanks given by:
this answer not only goes to fate, but everyone that might be thinking the same, if you have already been working on a map (but has not been released) you can enter it, but becareful, if it doesn't fit the theme, you could miss out on alot of points, but yes, you can enter a map that was started before the contest, as long as it wasn't released before the contest
Thanks given by:
(11 Jan 11, 08:29AM)DES|Halo Wrote: if any mappers feel like that isn't enough time, i'm willing to discuss pushing it back a few weeks, i wasn't 100% set on a date so you might get lucky and talk me into it :P

I think that the time given is short cause of exams.
But it's only for me or Frenchs guys (i think) so i'll try to follow the rule.

Thanks given by:
IMO the theme makes out for some interesting ideas as well as noob lss_minimapp_BRAZIIILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!3.0_WAFFLENUT ideas...
Thanks given by:
Good luck to all. Nice that anyone can enter:p
Thanks given by:
i'm no longer judging, because halo is a dickhead. but i'll now enter and take the 50 bucks ty ty
Thanks given by:
Ruthless will be taking the place of Undead

i also editted the theme a bit in the original post ;)
Thanks given by:
I can't wait to see the results.
Thanks given by:
since school has started back for most people, the deadline has been pushed back some, April 10th is the new deadline

also, i have given up my judging spot for jiba, so hopefully i can enter now as well ;)
Thanks given by:
Lets make this alittle bit more interesting, i will give an extra 25 dollar amazon gift card to the best new comer
to prevent the issues we had in the 3rd mapping contest with decided who was new and who wasn't, you must post that you are new to mapping (2 or less maps made total)

if you are new and working with a coop partner, this still counts as a new mapper, but only the new person in the team will get the gift card (so please define who is new), if there are multiply people in the group who are new to mapping, its between those persons to define how to split it

understood?

that means judges will have to pick the best new comer also ;)
Thanks given by:
I am a newcomer! I've only made ac_petrolplant!
Halo: don't double post, it's already stickied.
Thanks given by:
So it's possible for a newcomer to get 50...51...52..53... $75 dollars? :DD
Thanks given by:
yes, it is wolf, and yes gibstick, if thats the only map you have made, you are a "new comer"
Thanks given by:
What about if nobody ever plays your maps? does that count as a newcomer too?
Thanks given by:
if that were the case everyone would be a newcomer ;)
if its been published that counts as a map, so i'll leave the rest up to you
Thanks given by:
Err....what if you're working on multiple unfinished maps... Are you still considered to be a newcomer?
Thanks given by:
DES|Halo Wrote:if its been published that counts as a map
DES|Halo Wrote:One map per person
Thanks given by:
Ohh... Awesome. lol
Thanks given by:
I think im gonna make an epic lss_BRAZIL!!!!!_minimap_revolution map.
NEWCOMERZ FTW!
Thanks given by: