Assault Cube mapping contest goes green
Someone should make a green map like ac_orange or ac_redZONE. :)
Thanks given by:
* V-Man winks at Ronald_Reagan
Thanks given by:
:O
I have one, except I wasn't planning on entering it :P It was mainly for a different project.
Thanks given by:
DrauL post ac_tropical up on the wiki
Thanks given by:
Sure.
Done.
Thanks given by:
lol. Someone should make a map could ac_teabag
Thanks given by:
wdf
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 06:31AM)Huntsman Wrote: lol. Someone should make a map could ac_teabag

i'll help make that! hahah

Thanks given by:
As a good lot of people are experiencing trouble with uploading to Akimbo I'd like to remind everybody there's another cube engine upload site as well:

Quadropolis.us

Check it out!

@Halo: Will you add a to-be-updated list with all entries on your first post? That would be nice, sir!
Thanks given by:
ah, you are right, i should do that Mr.Floppy, thanks for reminding me :P
Thanks given by:
Sanzo has contacted me and expressed interest in being a judge, so I have decided to add a 5th judge to the table
Sanzo will now be judging along side Ruthless, a slow old man, Woolly, and Jiba
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much :)
Thanks given by:
i'd like to give everyone a reminder,
If you enter a map before the deadline, you can work on it some more, the latest version will be the one to be judged
Thanks given by:
In that case, I have put a new version of ac_tropical on the TBR servers. It's a very minor bug-fix release. I have added a couple of clips in the RVSF base to block off a couple of the most annoying camping spots.

Blue_Print, could you change the download link to the new version please. I think this should be the final version.
Thanks given by:
Could my map theme for "Going Green" be an environmental theme?
Thanks given by:
Yes, it is a fairly broad theme.
Thanks given by:
One judge joins, another leaves, Jiba has had to withdraw because of some real life conflict, so we are now back down to 4 judges

best of luck to jiba who has some changes in the real life :)
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry but I didn't get the custom media bit:

Correct me please:

.: I can make my own textures, but they have to be inside a clip (not in gameplay)

.: I cannot make a mapmodel as it would affect the gameplay because everyone doesn't have it. If so, I could let people download the textures/mapmodels. How do I do then?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Since Undead is in the mapping contest, we're all going to lose :(

One question about the "newcomer rule". When you say two maps, do you mean less than two maps, or just two maps?

Also, do "beta" or "alpha" releases count as a map for the newcomer rule? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
textures can be used anywhere, mapmodels can be used if they do not effect gameplay
for example, creating a custom made table that not everyone would have so they run into a random clip that makes 0 since to them

you put your mapmodels/textures in the package when you upload your map

beta/alpha still counts as a release (if it was actually released) and its just 2 maps, no maps, 1 map, 2 maps, all counts as a new comer
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks, exactly what i needed :)
Thanks given by:
I have added ac_tropical to quadropolis:

http://www.quadropolis.us/node/2991

This is the updated version previously mentioned. No further changes have been made, but please update the download links if they are still pointing to the original version.
Thanks given by:
i updated the download link

its still not to late to start a map and get it in before the deadline, come on guys, can't win if you don't enter
Thanks given by:
No no, don't enter. I'm counting on the win by default ;)
Thanks given by:
Bloodsport is dreaming , don't put im out of his bed. ;)
Thanks given by:
I plan to make a map. ....... but not for the contest.
Thanks given by:
then why are you posting in the contest thread? that was kind of pointless
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the internet Halo... ;D
Thanks given by:
*THE INTERNET PWNS HALO!
Thanks given by:
Emm... This is maybe a bit late but i've already worked on it but yes I am making a map (for this contest...)! I hope it will be good so i !GET! money, i mean hope you won't take money for it :S scared...
:D
Thanks given by: