ac_village
[Image: acvillageprev.jpg]

ac_village, a large map aimed for CTF games (but it's compatible with all modes).

Stats:
50 playerstart : 10 RVSF, 10 CLA, 30 FFA
6 pistol
8 ammobox
5 grenades
6 health
4 helmet
1 armour
1 akimbo
2 flags
174 mapmodels
3 sounds

Download from AKIMBO

Mirror in Mediafire

Hope you like it.
Thanks given by:
I like it. I would suggest you to avoid the textures to run into eachother in your next map and you can rifle jump between the bases in one clip which isnt really nice either but you really had some great ideas for details!

Good job, is this your first one?
Thanks given by:
Thank you. I agree, if you take the middle route you can go to the enemy base very fast, but it has open spaces and you can't cover; so I thought that most players would take the other routes. Anyway, I'll try to improve in my next map. Is not my first map, I've made ac_railway (posted in this forum too) and some other maps that I lost when I formatted my computer.
(Sorry if my english is not good)
Thanks given by:
Me likes it
Thanks given by:
I don't have a problem with the open middle route. Anyway, shine's middle route is open, and shine is freakingmadnesscoolhaxnothaxbecausethatsbadbutshineisntasawesomenessasdepot.
Moar facebook tabs on ac forum pl0x.
Thanks given by:
Damn, I love this map!
GJ SuaveDude!
Thanks given by:
Lol , akimbo down.. again..
Thanks given by:
Buen trabajo suave.....
Thanks given by:
Looks good going by the screenshots alone.

Fast way to the other base up the middle?!
Shouldn't be a problem, as Shine is one of the more popular maps out there and does a similar thing. ;)
Risk-Reward is fun.

Update: Just played a lengthy and competitive CTF game on there on the DES CTF server. I love it! The layout is extremely fun to play on. The middle is good for a quick, yet risky flag run, or cutting off flagrunners who went left or right. I also played around using the Carbine all game, which I'm terrible with and never use. I did pretty well with it though. I love maps that allow every weapon to do it's thing. This map does that. Great job!
Thanks given by:
very pretty map :)

it could be good for snipers !

If its possible maybe test this map, because midle could be very easy or AR players to run, more easy then in shine.
Maybe move flags litle bit ?
And add boxes and details or tents (if they exist in package, i dont remember )

gl
Thanks given by:
I agree with vlad.. flags should be moved :)
but the map still looks awesome
Thanks given by:
Dude, from the screenshots, this looks fantastic. Can't wait to give it a whirl!

EDIT: Gave it a whirl.

Really pretty map! I love the trim you used on the rooftops, and the tunnel coming out of the CLA base was a really nice addition. My one complaint is the general layout, it seems a little bland. However, still a beautiful map, and I hope server owners start using this!
Thanks given by:
(22 May 11, 08:35AM)SuaveDude Wrote: 42 playerstart : 10 RVSF, 10 CLA, 30 FFA

O.o 10+10+30 = 42?
Thanks given by:
(23 May 11, 09:48PM)Duckett Wrote:
(22 May 11, 08:35AM)SuaveDude Wrote: 42 playerstart : 10 RVSF, 10 CLA, 30 FFA

O.o 10+10+30 = 42?

LOL. Uh, yeah 'bout that...

I really liked this map SuaveDude. Been a while since I see a new map I actually like, only thing I would change is put maybe some objects or mapmodels in the middle to make it harder for the flag to perfectly go through by AR sprinting, as well as moving the flags around a bit. Good job!
Thanks given by:
I like this map except for a few things.

1) Lighting could be much better. It appears to me that you only used white lights. Maybe trying some colored lights would help the overall mood of the map.

2) The uniform floor texture is ok, but maybe some variation could help.

3) The flags are in weird locations. They should generally be in the center of a teams base, with equal access from all or "major" entrances. Also consider a structure to house the flags if possible. This could even be a platform, or really anything.

4) I found one little glitchy thing:

[Image: 20110524_001908_ac_village_coop.jpg]

Other than that good job, and flow seems to be good as well as gameplay i can imagine. Good job!
Thanks given by:
Great map. I think the middle part is fine. No different from the other desert map, ac_shine. Some great details and I hope to see more maps from you.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you liked it. Now I see a lot of things to improve in this map and in my next one.

Quote:42 playerstart : 10 RVSF, 10 CLA, 30 FFA
copy pasted the stats of my other map and didn't change, sorry. --'
Thanks given by:
Good map mate, I think if you add a few more textures in there to break the monotony.
In Shine I made the main path have at least one solid(boxes), and also put grenade spawns near both sides so that I knew it would be hard to successfully fly all the way through, that's all you got to think about..breaking up the action.
Thanks given by:
Just wanted to add that I played a 2v2 on here yesterday and it flowed quite nicely. We had combat all over the map, and all the paths were used at one point or another.
Thanks given by:
^best game ever!

Very action packed with nice flow, for sure!
Thanks given by:
look's like a nice map :) good job
Thanks given by:
Yes, that game was quite fun, and very close!

A couple things:

It doesn't look like an AC map to me, maybe something out of UrT. That isn't necessarily bad, as long as it plays well for AC.

Another thing is that I found that I wanted more elevation change, there really was only ~2 levels of elevation that I could go up and down. Maybe a fix could be raising the whole middle part up a little to make it like a raised town square. However that is more of an aesthetic personal opinion, not something I expect many people to have.

Good job! It was a fairly balanced game, and no one route was superior to the others, it mostly was the ability to switch routes that made successful flags.
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. I'ma gonna download, but I'm doing homework for the week... (I'm still gonna troll AC though :D)
Thanks given by: