Setting A Server To Stay At Certain Maps/Modes
Hey AC players,

This is probably asked a lot and im sorry if im asking it again. But, ive looked through the forum and the docs and i still have no clue as to how to make my server play only certain game modes and to play only certain maps. I play on the Hi-Skill servers a lot and i like how they have it where it stays in CTF, TKTF, TDM. I would love to have this for my server but i dont know how to go about doing so. I saw posts talking about a map rotation folder but i cant seem to find a folder matching that in my program files for AC. Please and thanks for your help..... if you decide to answer me. Once again PLEASE dont refer me to the docs because i have read them and they just confuse me.
Thanks given by:
In your map rotation file it follows the following structure for each game:

map:mode:time:allowVote[:minplayer[:maxplayer[:skiplines]]]

Simply set your allowVote to 0 which means players cannot vote for a different mode/map unless they are admins.

Then setup your map rotation file to only include CTF, TKTF etc.
Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 10, 06:25AM)castiel Wrote: In your map rotation file it follows the following structure for each game:

I cant open my map rotation file. It says "windows cant open this file" when i try to open it.
Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 10, 06:56AM)|PRO|LAGx8===D~ Wrote:
(09 Nov 10, 06:25AM)castiel Wrote: In your map rotation file it follows the following structure for each game:

I cant open my map rotation file. It says "windows cant open this file" when i try to open it.

Right click > Open With > Find notepad and open it with it

Alternatively:

Open notepad. File > Open. Navigate to the map rotation file and click "open"
Thanks given by:
And when im done i just save it over the existing one right?
Thanks given by:
Yep, i'd keep a copy of it though.
Thanks given by:
be sure your Windows-File-Explorer is showing you the extension of your files!
Sometimes people wonder why it's not working since they "think" they see a ".cfg"-extension .. but "secretly" Windows has saved it as maprot.cfg.txt .. don't be fooled by your computer - pwn it!
Thanks given by:
Well said.
Control Panel > Folder Options > "View" tab > uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" box
Thanks given by: