Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
Mai Mee Tur Wrote:to make no scoping harder.
I think noscoping should just be flat out impossible. Yeah, it looks impressive and whatnot, but it's so dang unrealistic.
Mai Mee Tur Wrote:Possibly make headshots count for three frags when you haven't scoped in?
This just encourages noscoping and, in turn, usage of sniper for CQC.
Thanks given by:
No scoping isn't impossible in real life, however, it's just not widely used in real life. Even with AC not meaning to be a play-by-play realistic account, it's realistic enough.

The increase in spread will make up for the headshots being 3 frags, while not in scope, and everything else can stay the same.

And I think this wouldn't make the sniper more accessible for CQC, considering it'll be harder to head shot if we increase the spread.
Thanks given by:
I don't believe noscoping should be rewarded. Seems kind of counter-intuitive here.

And by noscoping being "impossible", I mean it should be such a pain in the a** that it's not worth trying, not that you literally can't do it. The odds should just be way out of your favor.
Thanks given by:
I'm saying that's why we should increase spread a bit more, but to compensate for that, we can give 3 frags for a no scoped head shot. Everything while you're using the scope would sta the same
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 07:58PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: I'm saying that's why we should increase spread a bit more, but to compensate for that, we can give 3 frags for a no scoped head shot. Everything while you're using the scope would sta the same

I'm saying we should increase spread a LOT, and compensate for that by giving it 100 damage.

The whole point of this idea is to get people to use the scope more.
Thanks given by:
With ventex on this one. Noscoping should be very wild, out of control and inconsistent, instead of a nice easy straight line.
Scoping FTW
Thanks given by:
Well, it should still be a straight line, but i see what you mean.
100 damage, on the other hand, would just encourage noobs to camp doorways with it.
Thanks given by:
Uncontrollable spread would be worse than, even with one hundred damage. Would that mean scoped in would be 100 as well? That would make the Sniper the noob weapon of choice, as all they'd have to do would be run up real close, just about point blank, and click the mouse button.

That's too easy of a frag
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 09:13PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Uncontrollable spread would be worse than, even with one hundred damage. Would that mean scoped in would be 100 as well? That would make the Sniper the noob weapon of choice, as all they'd have to do would be run up real close, just about point blank, and click the mouse button.

That's too easy of a frag
Agreed. Basically another shotgun.

Thanks given by:
Sounds like shotgun now.
Edit: I forgot rule 94... XD
Thanks given by:
Yup, so I mean, increase the spread, have the head shot be 3 frags for unscoped, and leave everything else the same is what I'm saying.
Thanks given by:
@|BC|Wolf: Doorway camping isn't even that common with a shotgun, and doing so with a sniper rifle would just be even harder, considering you'd be screwed if you missed, so I don't think that'd be as much of a problem as you're cracking it up to be.

@Mai Mee Tur/V-Man: Reduce unscoped damage if you really think that'd be a problem, but if someone wanted to just shoot people point-blank, a shotgun would be million times more effective, so I don't that kind of usage would show very often. Best counter to that would be to not let a guy with a sniper rifle come THAT close to you in the first place...

I really do want a one-shot kill while sniping, though. Not like you can't grab a dang helmet to solve your problem...
Thanks given by:
100 damage would be too intense :(
But the spread for unscoped sniper shots should be absolutely ridiculously disgusting and off.
Make them scope!(or spray and pray with the sniper ...lol...)
Thanks given by:
100? Never.
Thanks given by:
ITT: people finally realize I said 100 damage 14 posts late.
Thanks given by:
Rofl, I realized you said 100 damage... But the thing is, a sniper, realistically, doesn't even have too much spread.

But many people do use the sniper for CQC, that's the thing
Thanks given by:
CQC .. Close-Quartes-Combat ??
FYI: unscoped sniper has some spread; there's also a little time required for "settling" once you activate your scope - if you shoot too quickly there'll be spread too. You only get 100%-accuracy (regarding your aim) if you've scoped for a bit.
Thanks given by:
CQC = Close Quarters Combat.

I know that, but even so, I think my idea has some merit, as does VenteX's, I just prefer mine. No offense VenteX
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 10:03PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Yup, so I mean, increase the spread, have the head shot be 3 frags for unscoped, and leave everything else the same is what I'm saying.

So, what you basically say is you want sheer luck to be rewarded big time?

Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 12:30PM)makkE Wrote: So, what you basically say is you want sheer luck to be rewarded big time?

Sometimes the better players can no-scope
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 02:00PM)Anvil Wrote:
(27 Feb 11, 12:30PM)makkE Wrote: So, what you basically say is you want sheer luck to be rewarded big time?

Sometimes the better players can no-scope

sometimes i piss sitting down
Thanks given by:
@flowtron: I am aware of the fact that there is a spread and settling time, my issue is that the spread isn't signifigant enough to make much of a difference, and the lack of any transition/delay between scoping and noscoping makes it near impossible to tell when the accuracy has settled. I was hoping for a smooth zoom between not scoped and scoped, so once it has finish zooming, you know the accuracy has settled. (plus an added bonus of looking visually attractive :D)

@Mai Mee Tur: I'm with makkE on that one, there shouldn't be a reward for getting lucky.

@Vermi: Made my day.
Thanks given by:
How long is the settle time exactly? If it's only a second we could just count in our heads 9_9
Thanks given by:
How good are you at counting to 180ms in your head?
Thanks given by:
makkE: I'm not saying sheer luck should be rewarded, I was just thinking, if an increase in spread were to be implemented, then head shots could count for three frags, although I guess we could put some kind of limitation on it, in a way.

Say you got a head shot, you'd have to wait 5-10 seconds before another head shot counts as three frags.
Thanks given by:
Nothing should be three frags :'(
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 06:45PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote:
  • I'm not saying sheer luck should be rewarded
  • if an increase in spread were to be implemented, then head shots could count for three frags
Thanks for contradicting yourself.
Thanks given by:
I don't see the contradiction? If a player were to actively aim for a headshot, while no scoped, why not make it three frags?

Nevermind, I see the contradiction, sorry.
Thanks given by:
more spread = noscoped headshots are always luck = rewarding luck.
and 2 frags for headshots is more than enough already, scoped or unscoped.
Thanks given by:
yeah, it should still only be 2 frags. damage should still be at 85 or whatever.
remember our objective is to get players to use the scope more often, so you should just make it harder to use it without the scope, which can be done by increasing the spread even more.
This would make T/OSOK less popular, because most people fight no-scoped in it, but i would be okay with that. I see T/DM and CTF as the 'real' modes, while T/OSOK are in the 'weird' mode category, like LSS and PF.
Thanks given by: