New Armour Values (SVN)
(19 Sep 10, 10:54PM)ärkefiende Wrote:
(19 Sep 10, 08:02PM)Panda Wrote: Sounds like good changes. Please release a beta for a widespread test?!

I commited new windows binaries today

Thanks, they are working well :)

I like the changes so far, it feels more like 1.0, definately a bit easier to kill people, although I could only test in 1:1 vs Gibstick and Crema so far.
Thanks given by:
Where do we play this? You know, some people might not know this stuff (including me).

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Erm... well, okay, so you spend time working on a new version with an improved armor system and an improved weapon balance, and when it's out, you start toying around with armor values and then (maybe) weapon balance to content those whining psychorigid guys and give them back that good ole 1.0.4 feel ??

"YAY, I'll be able to use my one-and-only sniper-pistol combo like I always did, hallelujah", they chant, stomping around in delight.

I mean, okay, armor needs a bit of adjustment, I'd be happy not to feel like I'm stupidly emptying a full SMG clip at Iron Man, but come on, stop talking about getting back to 1.0.4 damage and 1.0.4 weapon balance. This is 1.1, go forward, not backward. 1.0.4 had turned to a sniper combo fest, and it was getting more and more boring. Don't go in that direction again. Let people adjust and learn to be versatile and choose the weapon that suits the map.

Minor adjustments, ok, but no "1.0.4 feel", please!
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 10:06AM)P@ndel Wrote: Where do we play this? You know, some people might not know this stuff (including me).

P@ndel

Download a SVN program, and compile the AC client. Also, with a bit of searching you can easily find this guide:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-166.html
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 11:31AM)Lumpaz Wrote: Erm... well, okay, so you spend time working on a new version with an improved armor system and an improved weapon balance, and when it's out, you start toying around with armor values and then (maybe) weapon balance to content those whining psychorigid guys and give them back that good ole 1.0.4 feel ??

"YAY, I'll be able to use my one-and-only sniper-pistol combo like I always did, hallelujah", they chant, stomping around in delight.

I mean, okay, armor needs a bit of adjustment, I'd be happy not to feel like I'm stupidly emptying a full SMG clip at Iron Man, but come on, stop talking about getting back to 1.0.4 damage and 1.0.4 weapon balance. This is 1.1, go forward, not backward. 1.0.4 had turned to a sniper combo fest, and it was getting more and more boring. Don't go in that direction again. Let people adjust and learn to be versatile and choose the weapon that suits the map.

Who are you?

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
May I ask: who are you?
Thanks given by:
Off topic:

Lumpaz plays this game for quit some time now, I played countless pubs with the guy. The fact that he's not a clan player or write in this forum often, does not make his opinion less valid than anyone else, so this: Who are you? crap is the kind of attitude that does not help this community at all!

TheCrema

On topic:

I only had the chance to play a few games with Panda and Gibstick. Not considering the crazy ass lag I had most of the times: It seems like the new values are much better, anything less than 50 armor does not make one that hard to kill, what results in a much faster game pace than before. The helmets now just give you a little edge, the only time I felt a big difference from 1.0 is when I had 100, so unlike 1.0, now it makes sense to risk your neck to get it!
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 01:00AM)JMM Wrote:
(19 Sep 10, 04:57PM)Luc@s Wrote: and if you don't understand something read the comments [Image: raph0ux.gif]
Haha, comments. Comments in AC source. Get it?

Funny as.
that could explain the troll face in my message
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 05:45PM)TheCrema Wrote: crap is the kind of attitude that does not help this community at all!

>>>

TheCrema Wrote:So you 1.0 winners have three options: make your own MS, play 1.1 and STFU or GTFO.

TheCrema Wrote:We should write a rule against ppl being a pathetic moron and asshole, right away!

Unfortunately, ketar my man, this will still happen, caus we are dealing with a bunch of idiotic, attention craving kids in this game... Maybe revoking password privileges form douche bags would be a good idea!

On topic: Let's see what these new changes are like...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 01:00PM)P@ndel Wrote: Who are you?

P@ndel
He's Lumpaz. Also he got a better ratio than you: http://ladder.tearyoudown.com/1.0/player...ame=Lumpaz
(20 Sep 10, 05:45PM)TheCrema Wrote: Off topic:

Lumpaz plays this game for quit some time now, I played countless pubs with the guy. The fact that he's not a clan player or write in this forum often, does not make his opinion less valid than anyone else, so this: Who are you? crap is the kind of attitude that does not help this community at all!
Thanks given by:
You see P@ndel, there is a difference when you bash someone while having an argument/discussion with them, if you put the whole context of the replies you quoted, ppl will notice that. Even when you say some, not so nice words, at least you went to the trouble of answering, you engaged in a discussion, you not assuming you better than anybody: you just have a different view on the subject.
Now, when a guy says his opinion about something and one sarcastically asks: Who are you? Well, that is just pretentious and lame, imo...
Play for a clan and write in these forum don't make you better than anybody!
Thanks given by:
Stop making every single one of your posts a wannabe flame war starter Pandel, I swear that at least 5 of your last posts were done to insult someone, be sarcastically arrogant, etc. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. From the moment you got unbanned from these forums and started your little argument with tempest in the 1.1 or 1.0.4 thread you are just throwing your hate at everyone.

Now let's go back on topic and get some feedback about the new armor values :)
Thanks given by:
Yes, the armour values are great! I can kill apanda now.
Thanks given by:
To get some more publicity about this, I've fired up a 6 slot SVN server running at:
/connect tearyoudown.com 1337

Let me know if there are any issues.
Thanks given by:
Off top: me is not interested in TyD ladder. I stick with 1, which is the hi-skill ;)

*throwing your hate at everyone*? I am just trying to fit in to where TheCrema, MM10 and Undead are x)

On topic: Finally we have a server info (for those who don't know this stuff)

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 05:24PM)tempest Wrote: May I ask: who are you?
+1
It doesn't seem like a ridiculous question until you actually think about how you're supposed to answer it. XD
Thanks given by:
never heard of any of you tbh

will probably test this when i get back for an evening tmrw...
but makke add air control and then we are in business m8
way2ez
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 10, 02:13AM)Harps Wrote: never heard of any of you tbh

will probably test this when i get back for an evening tmrw...
but makke add air control and then we are in business m8
way2ez
Impossible, makkE can't code.
Thanks given by:
can some one tell me how to play this game
Thanks given by:
@1995 /suicide
Rinse. repeat.

Ontopic:
I haven't really followed the multiple small releases as I've been on 1.0.4 enjoying the absence of millertime and shotty tanks.
Thanks given by:
@ makkE :
Can we get the pistol frenzy mode without grenade pickups in the 1.1.0.3 release ?
Thanks given by:
Any armour fix is welcome but more needs to be done. Nade doesn't kill in one blast at 100/100, knife still takes 4 swings, SMG still takes 11 shots. But At least sniper kills in 2 shots now at 100/100.
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 11:31AM)Lumpaz Wrote: I mean, okay, armor needs a bit of adjustment, I'd be happy not to feel like I'm stupidly emptying a full SMG clip at Iron Man, but come on, stop talking about getting back to 1.0.4 damage and 1.0.4 weapon balance. This is 1.1, go forward, not backward. 1.0.4 had turned to a sniper combo fest, and it was getting more and more boring. Don't go in that direction again. Let people adjust and learn to be versatile and choose the weapon that suits the map.

I 100% agree to this. I hate the sniper-pistol combo kill because it's unrealistic; but this game is very unrealistic already in other aspects.
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 02:40PM)François Wrote: @ makkE :
Can we get the pistol frenzy mode without grenade pickups in the 1.1.0.3 release ?

Yes.

@others: noted.
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 07:58PM)makkE Wrote:
(26 Sep 10, 02:40PM)François Wrote: @ makkE :

Yes.

@others: noted.
what about removing nades, it would be easier :D

I think that nades became not much less interesting. If you could make them strong on at least one point.
Thanks given by:
Woot! sounds like your giving back some more action again!
I really want to take more down then i do right now!
That was what i liked with this game, the intense killing!
But sure 1.1 made us work harder and learned alot more with pistol and knife, at least i did.
Thanks given by:
Sniper without the pistol combo would be almost useless in this game, though. Sure it's still good in full pubs with plenty of noobs to aim at, but in smaller games and (inter)clan matches... I don't see how the sniper rifle on its now would make for a competitive weapon. There simply isn't enough open areas (especially in 1.1 maps).
Thanks given by:
Hmm you can still use the sniper / pistol combo. Sniper, pistol spam, repeat. It's no different.
Thanks given by:
A link to svn download would be nice..i went thru some posts.
Maybe you can sticky it somewhere.
Thanks given by:
Matasar, I've made a post here to try 1103 with my clanmates: http://www.mysick.tk/index.php?site=foru...&topic=375

Wouldn't mind if you join in ;)
Thanks given by: