New Armour Values (SVN)
We have just changed the armour values and a slight change to the way the armour behaves.

This should bring the damage required to kill down again towards a 1.0.4 feel. No more 3 sniper shots to kill... most "shots to kill" are quite close to 1.0.4 again.

Also, having only picked up one helmet alone (having 25 armour) will not provide as much protection anymore...

Armour protection above 50 is still higher - just increasing less dramatic.

These changes will be in the upcoming 1.1.0.3 release.
We are not planning on making inter-weapon balance changes just yet.

I'd first like to see how this change is being percieved. I hope it will convince the majority of 1.1 - after that I hope there will be time for constructive criticism and discussion about fine-tuning the weapons.

Please test it in the svn if you have the time and means. Thank you.
Keep in mind, this is a server-side change.
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear this!
Because 800ms for an SMG to kill someone is excessive, no?
Edit: One grenade at feet, 100/100 will leave you with 3/36 now, a much better improvement.
Thanks given by:
Very good, thanks. You listened the advices given. I hope this will convince some players to play 1.1...
:)
Thanks given by:
I still think nades should kill a player even if he has 100/100, but i'm glad to see some change :-) Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Yes, that's true. This nade issue is on our list.
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 10, 05:21PM)titiPT Wrote: I still think nades should kill a player even if he has 100/100, but i'm glad to see some change :-) Thanks!

No more nade jumping and awesome GEMAs? :'(

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Note to self: nade jumping means that you jump before the nade explodes.
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 10, 06:07PM)tempest Wrote: Note to self: nade jumping means that you jump before the nade explodes.

Oh thanks i didn't realize that...

-.-

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 10, 06:55PM)P@ndel Wrote:
(18 Sep 10, 06:07PM)tempest Wrote: Note to self: nade jumping means that you jump before the nade explodes.

Oh thanks i didn't realize that...

-.-

P@ndel
it will be like in the 1.0.4 version that you love so much
Thanks given by:
Does the grenade splash decay linearly, or is it a quadratic or cubic formula?
Thanks given by:
Hm, I dont know how I feel about the armour values.
If more people start playing then I'm all for it.

Edit; On the topic of 1.1.0.3, are there any new idents for cubescript? (besides the ones introduced in 1.1.0.2 ofc)
Thanks given by:
Awesome :D, im glad i will be able to kill with my sniper like 1.04 :D good job
Thanks given by:
a step towards a better tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sniper is getting his power back! :)
Thanks given by:
Mael Wrote:Does the grenade splash decay linearly, or is it a quadratic or cubic formula?

Can someone please answer Mael's question? I am very interested in the answer.
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 10, 05:26PM)makkE Wrote: Yes, that's true. This nade issue is on our list.

Awesome :) Maybe.. 2 frags per nade?
Thanks given by:
big +1
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 03:30PM)Viper Wrote:
Mael Wrote:Does the grenade splash decay linearly, or is it a quadratic or cubic formula?

This whole time it took for me to get my internet back you could've been perusing the SVN source code to get your own answers! :-P
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 04:02PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: This whole time it took for me to get my internet back you could've been perusing the SVN source code to get your own answers! :-P

I see you like and use *source code* a lot x)

Can you, please, tell us all how should we do that, to *perusing the SVN source code to get your own answers*? Much appreciated!

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Just browser through the /source/src folder or the projects included ^^
Thanks given by:
and if you don't understand something read the comments [Image: raph0ux.gif]
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 04:42PM)P@ndel Wrote: Can you, please, tell us all how should we do that, to *perusing the SVN source code to get your own answers*? Much appreciated!
P@ndel

[TUTORIAL] SVN on Linux
[TUTORIAL] SVN on Windows
By ärkefiende
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 03:30PM)Viper Wrote:

#define EXPDAMRAD 10
void radialeffect(playerent *o, vec &v, int qdam, playerent *at, int gun)
{
    if(dist<EXPDAMRAD)
    {
        int damage = (int)(qdam*(1-dist/EXPDAMRAD));
        hit(damage, o, at, dir, gun, true, int(dist*DMF));
    }
With Luc4s' help, I made sense of these few snippets of code that have to do with grenade. If distance is less than "10" (unknown unit), damage equal to
maximum grenade damage × (1 - distance ÷ maximum grenade range)
or
200 × (1 - distance ÷ 10).
Thanks given by:
I'm keen to see how this works, and especially for the future fine tuning of weapons
Thanks given by:
i. e. it's a linear function, to finally answer Mael's question.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 04:57PM)Luc@s Wrote: and if you don't understand something read the comments [Image: raph0ux.gif]

Uhu... Okay... Nice face btw...

So we needed a couple of guys to understand the answer to Mael's question, but i am being suggested to *read the comments* and stuff... Uhu... :F

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Sounds like good changes. Please release a beta for a widespread test?!
Thanks given by:
The plan is to first let you people try the new armour values, because I think that both intoducing the new armour and the new weapon balance was a bit too much maybe.
After the basical damage feels more 1.0.4 again, I think weapon balance diffrences can be compared better to what it was before. So I think it might be wisest to first test the balance on nerfed armour for a while, then start a discussion about the weapons themselves.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 08:02PM)Panda Wrote: Sounds like good changes. Please release a beta for a widespread test?!

I commited new windows binaries today
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 04:57PM)Luc@s Wrote: and if you don't understand something read the comments [Image: raph0ux.gif]
Haha, comments. Comments in AC source. Get it?

Funny as.
Thanks given by: