AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Beta release
Just a quick question about the bots in this new version: Has the minimum firing distance for the sniper been fixed? It was set to 20 in the code but it should probably be 0 so that they will shoot at you, rather than just backing away, when you are within 20 cubes.

I brought this up several years ago, dunno if it was ever changed.
Thanks given by:
The command description is saying that maximum radarheight is 70 (same as in menu), but it allows you to set it up to 500.
Thanks given by:
the "Fire speed" of the shotgun is faster, and now it will be interesting,I think it can give a certain balance in the game.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 04:24PM)Zarjio Wrote: Just a quick question about the bots in this new version: Has the minimum firing distance for the sniper been fixed? It was set to 20 in the code but it should probably be 0 so that they will shoot at you, rather than just backing away, when you are within 20 cubes.

Last time I checked (it was in SVN), this problem was fixed.

EDIT: Yes, this bug has been fixed. Also, the carbine problem is fixed as well. The bots even whip out their pistols for a change! (And are harder than before)
Thanks given by:
Clanmatch TLSS!

Beta seems nice, though i need to get used to it
Thanks given by:
AR is so much easier to use because of the low spread, jeeeesus, so OP.

SMG seems like the best "up close" weapon, but midrange loses slightly to AR. This is cool because it means people will have to switch guns for different maps in matches.

Sniper seems to handle a bit easier than before, and headshots feel way easier (but I'm not a sniper player so can't really comment much).

Didn't play with shotgun.

Carbine felt a bit harder to aim with, but felt easier to kill once you get used to it.

The default kill messages are absolutely terrible, but I like the fact you have the ability to add your own. So far good job :D
Thanks given by:
seems promising :)

got 1 thing to report
on linux and my resolution (1280x1024) the number of grenades you picked up get hidden behind the flag icons so you kinda only half-way see how many grenades you have
Thanks given by:
The new ac_iceroad version is not in the pack?
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 05:02PM).45|D3M0NW0LF Wrote:
(10 Dec 12, 04:24PM)Zarjio Wrote: Just a quick question about the bots in this new version: Has the minimum firing distance for the sniper been fixed? It was set to 20 in the code but it should probably be 0 so that they will shoot at you, rather than just backing away, when you are within 20 cubes.

Last time I checked (it was in SVN), this problem was fixed.

EDIT: Yes, this bug has been fixed. Also, the carbine problem is fixed as well. The bots even whip out their pistols for a change! (And are harder than before)

They can also headshot or slash you.
They also try to throw nades sometimes but that is still a bit random.
Thanks given by:
OOH FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I meant, FINALLY!
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 12:12AM)Panda Wrote: Which SVN revision is this, please?

6961 to 6965

(10 Dec 12, 04:04AM)Aekom Wrote: Probably not even worth mentioning, but the Windows version wasn't packaged with an .ico file for the shortcut.

It never really was (the binary got the icon itself). I just made a zip file instead of an installer.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 06:34PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: AR is so much easier to use because of the low spread, jeeeesus, so OP.

IKR. Before I used to be horrid long range, because I'd have to burst or single shot with the AR, and it was awkward so my aim would be worse. Now spraying gives me more hits long range <3
I wouldn't mind it but with rifle sprinting still hax, it creates a storm of evil and doom.
Thanks given by:
More changes for changelog, of the top of my head:

Mapping:

/paste no longer copies light
textures around height-fields are no longer changed to a different one when saving

In game docs:

commandcomplete can now complete multiple/nested commands
documentation will show for the last typed/current nest level of command
Thanks given by:
you can also climb the ladder backwards just with S (before w+s)
Thanks given by:
I often disconnect randomly from the game. Probably a bug .
I'm on Linux Ubuntu 12.04
Thanks given by:
Mid-game crash, no reason:

Quote:you gibbed jiba
stacktrace:
bin_unix/native_client(_ZN12signalbinder11stackdumperEi+0x29) [0x527ea9]
/lib64/libpthread.so.0() [0x325820efe0]
bin_unix/native_client(_ZN9vertmodel4part6renderEiifiP6dynent+0xe60) [0x4d3bc0]
bin_unix/native_client(_ZN3md26renderEiifiRK3vecffP6dynentP11modelattachf+0x937) [0x4d6447]
bin_unix/native_client(_Z18renderbatchedmodelP5modelR12batchedmodel+0x218) [0x4c55c8]
bin_unix/native_client(_Z15endmodelbatchesb+0x174) [0x4c58f4]
bin_unix/native_client(_Z18drawstencilshadowsv+0x14f) [0x51818f]
bin_unix/native_client(_Z12gl_drawframeiiff+0x7e2) [0x4babe2]
bin_unix/native_client(main+0x922) [0x437072]
/lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x3257a21735]
bin_unix/native_client() [0x43c881]
AssaultCube error (11) ()
OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352
Thanks given by:
BUG: Helmet plays the "pickup health" sound. Attempted changing sound to the armour pickup sound in ./config/sounds.cfg -> but this doesn't work.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 06:34PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: AR is so much easier to use because of the low spread, jeeeesus, so OP.

Yeah, I completely agree with this. The two less bullets is something one would only notice in specific situations. The damage is reduced, but with the lowered spread, my accuracy is so much higher that it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
^btw the damage reduce doesn't affect it's killspeed normally. It only makes it more on par with smg vs. armored opponents.
Thanks given by:
Awesome!
I think guns feel good so far. Here's a couple of things I noticed, using Windows 7 64-bit.

1. In bot survival mode, my client crashes after I lose (by dying or being 5 sec outside the arena), when new checkpoints are to be added, or when I press E after survival mode has begun. Then I get this box. (I don't get an command prompt from AC, how can I get logs?)

[Image: MPMKg.png]
1.5. Maybe there could be an in-game explanation of this mode too?

2. To get the keybind lookup to output binds, I need to either go up or down one row on the menu.

3. The heartbeat hp setting (/heartbeat) could be placed in the menus. It would also be nice with an short fade in/fade out, because there's a little "blip" when it goes on/off, and would be good for example when you get killed by SMG/AR, and you only get a very short sound. This might not be the most important thing to do though.. :)
edit: Maybe it could be disabled for T/OSOK? (even less important..)
Thanks given by:
I know it's been done for a while but why is the survivor mode now 100-100 at the start? Would it be difficult to mod a server to start at 100 with no armour?
Thanks given by:
Also I'm having an issue with the sniper. I've changed scopesensfeel and scopesensscale and none of them actually change anything. My scope acts the same way and moves at the same speed no matter what values i'm changing/using. I've tried on my own compiled client and on the default binaries(linux 64bit).
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 12:07AM)castiel Wrote: I know it's been done for a while but why is the survivor mode now 100-100 at the start? Would it be difficult to mod a server to start at 100 with no armour?

I think SURV/TSURV would be much more fun with non-respawning pickups.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 01:47AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
(11 Dec 12, 12:07AM)castiel Wrote: I know it's been done for a while but why is the survivor mode now 100-100 at the start? Would it be difficult to mod a server to start at 100 with no armour?

I think SURV/TSURV would be much more fun with non-respawning pickups.

I used to use it to practice aim, but in a real match you're very unlikley to get 2 players at 100-100 so it feels fake. I liked the fact that it was very simple, just you, your gun and your opponent.

Also my fps is stuck at 60. I've disabled v-sync and set maxfps to 1000 but it still doesn't change.

EDIT: Was my drivers, they were forcing vsync, please ignore.
Thanks given by:
The sound bug still exists in this version. You play for a good 20-30 mins then the sound disappears, so you have to reconnect to the server.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 02:42AM)Aekom Wrote: The sound bug still exists in this version. You play for a good 20-30 mins then the sound disappears, so you have to reconnect to the server.
I'd guess it's a hardware problem, I've never had that issue.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 02:53AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(11 Dec 12, 02:42AM)Aekom Wrote: The sound bug still exists in this version. You play for a good 20-30 mins then the sound disappears, so you have to reconnect to the server.

I had this problem. Please fix
Thanks given by:
I didn't have the sound bug in v1104, but I do remember coming across it when I played on one of the later revisions back in 2011.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 03:19AM)ChO Wrote:
(11 Dec 12, 02:53AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:

I had this problem. Please fix
I myself, and i know of atleast 4 others who have experienced this too!
Thanks given by:
Can you all post the first few lines of what appears in the console when you start AC?
Thanks given by: