7th Official Mapping Contest
If there aren't many good entries by the start of september, I'll go hardcore and enter. \:D
Thanks given by:
What I have so far, with a few texture bugs.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 12, 10:50AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Halo will rate me more harshly than most. Pipe down, k.
A judge should be striving for equal "rating" for all. Not saying that they all get the same score, but the fact that (as snoo pointed out) Halo will be judging snoo more harshly is another argument for unfair judging.
Occupy Pi gogogogogo
Thanks given by:
cemer - work on that ar accuracy. :p looks nice so far~
Thanks given by:
Alright here is a sneak peak of my map. I don't want to post the actual link yet because of some pickup problems and some details I still want to add. But overall, I am practically done. The map is really meant for CTF and HTF but could be used for really anything. I personally think 3v3 is the best but 2v2 and about is great. Anyways here are the screenies. If you want to see the map for yourself pm or just find me on irc.
[Image: xuhao5jp.4uk.jpg]
[Image: ouj2q2x1.zzv.jpg]
[Image: l3skdrcx.fwb.jpg]
[Image: osuegbpy.wym.jpg]
[Image: fu5pu0uu.4zy.jpg]
[Image: hedmib1t.op1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Keep working on it, whop. :D

2nd to last screenshot is sexy.
Thanks given by:
Just in update, each category will be judged stand alone. If you are a new comer you will be judged with other new comers, if you have custom content, you will be judged with other custom content, etc. This way each category winner is just as important as the next and we have 3 separate winners in their own category. Best of luck to each person entering!
Thanks given by:
how do we know which category we are in?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 12, 01:22AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Just in update, each category will be judged stand alone. If you are a new comer you will be judged with other new comers, if you have custom content, you will be judged with other custom content, etc. This way each category winner is just as important as the next and we have 3 separate winners in their own category. Best of luck to each person entering!
I get what you're trying to do, but there is always the off chance that an entry falls into two categories.
Just saying.
Thanks given by:
Actually not at all ShadowFlameZ. Only way that would happen is if it was a newcomer map, in which case it would be entered as a newcomer and nothing else. There is a category for regular (non-custom media) maps, custom media maps, and newcomers. If you have released 2 or less maps before you submit this one, you are a newcomer by definition. If it has something you have to download (i.e skymap, textures, mapmodels, sounds) its custom media. Everything else will be entered into the "other" category. All newcomer maps could be listed in 2 categories, that is true, but that is not how it will work. ALL newcomer maps will be stand alone and judged as such.
Thanks given by:
Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that!
Thanks given by:
Why do i feel that ac_palenque could win this one easier than the last contest? :3
Why do i feel that Halo started a map full of custom contents.

Question: I've started a map that could feet with the theme, the problem is that someone worked on something in that map, if i remove the little thing he did, problem or no problem?
Thanks given by:
Exoduss, you should know by now that I don't use custom content much, if at all. Also, you should note that I am a judge and judges cannot enter. To answer your question I must know if it was a judge or not? If not, I don't see the issue, though whoever it was might have an issue with it. However, I must state that if its work that someone else has done that is also entering the contest there could be an issue. Lets hope that is not the case. Best of luck to you on any case.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 12, 01:43AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Exoduss, you should know by now that I don't use custom content much, if at all. Also, you should note that I am a judge and judges cannot enter.

Well, if i am a troll, you are my king.

Halo Wrote:also, i have given up my judging spot for jiba, so hopefully i can enter now as well ;)

Floppy isn't a judge so ty for the anwser.

Btw: ac_cavern would erase you all.
Thanks given by:
Truth be told, I do have a map that "could" fit the theme, but I still wouldn't be able to enter it even if I wanted to. I have been working on and off with Snoosnoo on a map for awhile now, but the issue falls that Snoosnoo wants to do a solo map for the contest (that I still haven't seen). So I will be a judge to the very end. Also its worth noting that I wasn't the only judge to have left during that contest to enter a map (though the other didn't enter). So best of luck to you Exoduss. Just a note, not to just you, but anyone entering in the custom media section, its not about the amount of custom media you use. Using a lot of custom media isn't an automatic win, its about how you use it and about how your map fits into the judging categories.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 12, 06:13PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(05 Jul 12, 01:43AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Exoduss, you should know by now that I don't use custom content much, if at all. Also, you should note that I am a judge and judges cannot enter.

Well, if i am a troll, you are my king.

Halo Wrote:also, i have given up my judging spot for jiba, so hopefully i can enter now as well ;)

Floppy isn't a judge so ty for the anwser.

Btw: ac_cavern would erase you all.

This quote is my desktop background.
This quote will fuel me to make a better map.
This quote will put both you and Undead to shame.
This quote will be your demise, and ac_caverns will by compared to @camper when I'm done with my map.

ac_discovery. Watch out for it.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 03:53PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: This quote is my desktop background.
This quote will fuel me to make a better map.
This quote will put both you and Undead to shame.
This quote will be your demise, and ac_caverns will by compared to @camper when I'm done with my map.

1. Thanks.
2. Didn't know it was possible.
3. Don't understand sorry.
4. I can't leave if i'm not here. meh
5. ac_cavern is by far (soft words) one the the 10 greatest map of this game.

ac_loled3 will kill you with fire, only Jamz and some random people can understand. :3
(of course nobody can afirm if he will win or not, so i used the sarcastic way)
Thanks given by:
So... I've sort of never played ac_cavern...
Thanks given by:
Why bring undead into this?
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 03:53PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: ac_discovery. Watch out for it.

Don't pull a daikatana.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 05:30AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Why bring undead into this?

Exoduss and him seems to like to go on about ac_caverns when ever they have the chance too :P

Even if ac_caverns is a top 10 map, it's certainly not high on the listing. It's too consistent. If it was a top 10 map, we would play it, hmm?
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 10:10AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: If it was a top 10 map, we would play it, hmm?

You sir, is the worst dumbass ever.
Or maybe i should eplain you that ac_douze is not the best map?
now you understand that your argument is very invalid

This quote will put you to shame, but you need to increase your troll level if you want me tu use it as my wallpaper. kkthxbai
Thanks given by:
I don't troll, I speak the truth. I understand where you're coming from with Douze, and cavern is certainly better than it. Least douze is more distinguishable than cavern.

(08 Jul 12, 01:35PM).ExodusS* Wrote: You sir, is the worst dumbass ever.
The irony.
Thanks given by:
I actually found caverns pretty good, until you started spamming it everywhere and attacking everyone who dares to question its quality.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 02:17PM)tempest Wrote: I actually found caverns pretty good, until you started spamming it everywhere and attacking everyone who dares to question its quality.

^ That. I could handle Undead talking it up, but the whole "You is dumbass because don't like cavern" thing is stupid. It's making your ego look a lot bigger than your map-making ability.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 03:19PM)Orynge Wrote: "You is dumbass because don't like cavern" thing is stupid.

Quote me please, cause i can't find where i said that.
Thanks given by:
Well actually SnooSnoo you have no right to call ExodusS map bad. Your maps aren't exactly the most played either.. ExodusS has made many maps.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 06:36PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(08 Jul 12, 03:19PM)Orynge Wrote: "You is dumbass because don't like cavern" thing is stupid.

Quote me please, cause i can't find where i said that.

(08 Jul 12, 01:35PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(08 Jul 12, 10:10AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: If it was a top 10 map, we would play it, hmm?
You sir, is the worst dumbass ever.
:P
To be honest I feel you guys have derailed this thread quite a bit.
Both of you (SnooSnoo Exodusssssss) make a map for the contest.
Best one wins. Then the other shuts up about it.

Edit: Then I remembered halo was a judge \:D
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 06:40PM)bballn45 Wrote: Well actually SnooSnoo you have no right to call ExodusS map bad. Your maps aren't exactly the most played either.. ExodusS has made many maps.

I did not such a blunt thing, bballn. I said his map was too consistent, and contained little in terms of distinguishable content/space fillers, and is not a top 10 worthy map. This is my opinion, so of course I have the right to say that. Mappers receive criticism. Mappers release maps should be aware that they are going too.

(08 Jul 12, 06:59PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: :P
To be honest I feel you guys have derailed this thread quite a bit.
Both of you (SnooSnoo Exodusssssss) make a map for the contest.
Best one wins. Then the other shuts up about it.

Edit: Then I remembered halo was a judge \:D

If I win, it'll be rightly deserved. I don't know how many times him and I have explained that he'll be judging me more harsher than you folk, as I'm his mapping partner. I am making a map. It'll win. ;)

Edit: I'm trying to work Exoduss up to go against him. Shhh....
Thanks given by:
Exoduss should definitely make a map now. You gonna let this foo trash talk on your maps?
Thanks given by: