How do I make a ladder server
Hi I was just wondering how to make a ladder server because i wish to make one but I am not sure how to make one. Can anyone tell me please?
Thanks given by:
Code something to get the server statistics from the logs.
Thanks given by:
If you are using a computer run server for the TgS server then it will be very hard to make it a ladder server

1) Lag
2) Data space
3) Should be 24/7
Thanks given by:
ok well u guys just confused me =/
Thanks given by:
Maybe you should make yourself a little more clear. What kind of ladder server do you want. A server with your own ladder or a server for an existing ladder like Hi-Skill?

Just telling people they are confusing you, is not going to help you. Try to tell them what is confusing on their replies and they will maybe be able to help you better.

Give as much details as possible. One sentence is not going to do it.
Thanks given by:
i wanna make one of my servers have its own ladder. Cuz i have been wanting to make one but havent been able to figure it out.
Thanks given by:
lrn2code
Thanks given by:
Hey, hey... Luc@s asked the same stupid question last November and unexpectedly, he's come up with a ladder not so long thereafter! http://ladder.iafmatch.com/

The easiest way to do this is to parse the server logs (PHP would be quite easy for that, since it also has many database interfaces to send all the data to) and then increase counters as necessary after every action. You could also try to parse the demos which would give a little more information.

These counters should be present in a database (see MySQL/Postgresql/sqlite), with which you can then aggregate all the data, process it, sort it, and then in the end, display it (PHP). The most difficult thing is ensuring consistency and accuracy.

So, all-in-all, learn PHP and some databases. It's not that difficult if you just want to list players' scores or so :) It does become difficult when you want to add various kinds of sortings, various detail, or if there are simply a lot of players.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Drakas, I actually always wondered how they did it.
Thanks given by: