Bob and TyD ladder servers.
Absolutely fascinating some of the reactions ;)
Interestingly nobody who owns or runs these servers has written “well actually tipper, you’re wrong, the servers don’t lag."

In fact pwnage linked to another thread which I hadn’t noticed partially dealing with this issue.

The only sever owner who has acknowledged how intensely irritating it is to be lagged off a server mid game is pwnage; the rest seem mainly indignant that a mere player, who isn’t even capable of coding (gasp) let alone encumbered with the truly altruistic nature required to finance such servers should have the temerity to even mention on a public forum that perhaps all is not well in the ladder servers of ac ^^

So, some don’t like my writing style; tough. As far as I can see, the comments are in the right section, mildly amusing if you don’t happen to be taking yourself too seriously, and, the resolution of the problem, if possible, of great benefit to the ac community.

Perhaps it has, since Anderson's post, dawned on those who have implied that the OP was some thinly veiled bit of inter clan bashing that three of the Bob ladder servers are in fact owned by members of DES (I’m pretty sure I’m still a member ;)) Of course, others seem to have failed to notice that I also mention TyD servers and many will know of my long term support and gratitude for all the work that clan has put into ladders over the years.

The truth is simple. I couldn’t give a toss who owns the servers and I posted because there is a problem and it isn’t being addressed. As Edward points out, the ladder servers should represent the Gold standard of ac. My experience of them over the past month and I believe the experience of many others who have also been lagged off, is that at the moment they are far from it.

Now if what it takes is all you awfully clever chaps getting together in a huddle in some quiet corner of ac mines to discuss the intricacies of server coding then cool; I’ll move my wheelchair. If a bit of DEV input is required double cool, (I know at least one is aware of this problem) I don’t know how to fix the problem myself; it seems beyond the rather primitive collection of hammers I’m used to fixing my computer with. However apparently some of you are not only saints but also have better tools so perhaps you collectively could look into it; pretty please with cookies again and I’m ever so grateful etc.

(tipper exits right, tugging his forelock in full acknowledgment of his fantastically generous and more able betters)
Thanks given by:
Im really loving that, if this post is for the best interest of players, and reading that ladder servers should be icing on top, why , even if its a bit offtopic, NO ONE discusses that the lack of nice admins being around.
For example, I have kind memories of Perros being a ladder admin (irony) , and there are some players that have admin but seem to be afraid of making team shifting decisions.
Guys, team whoring is as bad for this game as lag, IMO, so, please, gimme admin do something!
Thanks given by:
a ver kamikaze, a ti como te faltan muchos tornillitos! a mi no me pronuncies en tus post!, de tonterias
Thanks given by:
(12 May 12, 01:39AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(11 May 12, 10:56PM)pwnage{TyD} Wrote: PERROS.
Didn't he quit?
Thanks given by:
a ver tonto de culo, no me pronuncies en tu post!
Thanks given by:
/Offtopic
Thanks given by:
vete a tomar por el culo marikon de mierda, jonki de mierdita, que eres una escoria! que no se ni como te dan trabajo
Thanks given by:
paulmuaddibKA & PERROS q pasa con los dos, paren un poco, no hay ninguna razon para seguir discutiendo de esa manera...

paul if u want to be an admin on ladder servers u always can ask for it from server owners.
Thanks given by:
Thx Rampage that I might do!
Thanks given by:
Your post:
(12 May 12, 05:38PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Absolutely fascinating some of the reactions ;)
Interestingly nobody who owns or runs these servers has written “well actually tipper, you’re wrong, the servers don’t lag."

In fact pwnage linked to another thread which I hadn’t noticed partially dealing with this issue.

Makes me think you skipped over my post completely.

(10 May 12, 01:17AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: The only issue I have seen/heard with B}Free is this: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5153.html

And it wasn't just happening on this host. So, if you know what the issue is, feel free to tell us how to fix it.

I have an amendment to make. The only lag issues I see with B}Free is related to the above problem.
Thanks given by:
(12 May 12, 05:38PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Absolutely fascinating some of the reactions ;)

As you mentioned before: BCFH Arena kicks ass! :D
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 09:13PM)ärkefiende Wrote:

As you mentioned before: BCFH Arena kicks ass! :D

So please restart it, it's been down for the past week.

@tipper. As for this issue, I'm really interested in trying out to SVN to see if we get the same problem there too.
Thanks given by:
Actually I have to say that I am experiencing the same problem that Tipper is mentioning here. Today playing on BoB ladder servers was a nightmare: I guess that logs can easily show that.

Since the lost of Perros' servers things are only worsening. And having european players playing on US servers doesn't help.

I talked with Rampage the other day and Pi_ is ready to contribute Bob Ladder with a quality server for european players but we need tech help and cooperation. Obviously if the lag issue depends on a AC bug then adding a new server will not help...
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 11:25PM)ketar Wrote: Actually I have to say that I am experiencing the same problem that Tipper is mentioning here. Today playing on BoB ladder servers was a nightmare: I guess that logs can easily show that.

Since the lost of Perros' servers things are only worsening. And having european players playing on US servers doesn't help.

I talked with Rampage the other day and Pi_ is ready to contribute Bob Ladder with a quality server for european players but we need tech help and cooperation. Obviously if the lag issue depends on a AC bug then adding a new server will not help...

ketar we have new euro server that we are currently testing {BoB}yland, hope it will be better with this one :)
Thanks given by:
I have experienced mass lag outs on {BoB} Ladders. I don't recall which, but today it was the DES|Godsmack one. I'll keep track of the server name/time/players/map etc. next time it happens to me.

They're unfortunately kinda frequent too ): If I play on the Ladder 5/7 days a week, it would happen to me about four times within those five days.

Basically I am playing and moving around, then suddenly I can't pick up anything. And I walk around the map and everyone's saluting >.>

It takes 3-5 minutes before I can rejoin the server. When I rejoin, there's often only only 1, 2, 3 players there ):
Thanks given by:
i occasionally lag out on DES|Godsmack servers
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 11:25PM)ketar Wrote: [...] with a quality server for european players but we need tech help and cooperation.

Feel free to catch me on IRC if you need a little help.
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 11:49PM)RAMPAGE Wrote:
(14 May 12, 11:25PM)ketar Wrote: Actually I have to say that I am experiencing the same problem that Tipper is mentioning here. Today playing on BoB ladder servers was a nightmare: I guess that logs can easily show that.

ketar we have new euro server that we are currently testing {BoB}yland, hope it will be better with this one :)

I did play on that server yesterday and I've never been lagged out. Good news :)

So did someone find out if it was/is an AC bug (maybe solved?) or it is just a chance that on the new server nothing strange has happened yesterday?

BTW, the only thing i noticed is that in stat box on the bottom right, the evt value was often rising and becoming red (this usually worsen my performances even if I cannot exactly say how. What is that value? Is there someone who could please explain me?
Thanks given by:
I also played on {BoB}yland yesterday. The ping there was a bit high for what I assume from the server IP is a French server (I live in the South of England) but it was stable, and nobody got any lag spikes, so good job :)
Thanks given by:
Yeah seriously in comparison with the other servers yland is really good. No total lag-outs like I had with {BoB}Marley.

It sometime just hapened in the middle of the game: almost all players where just kicked out. reason: server log out. So I agree with Ketar and Tipper.

I do love the {BoB}yland server. Does it allready fully reports to the ladder? Yesterday it was testing and all my scores where not saved :(.
Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 08:22AM)ketar Wrote: BTW, the only thing i noticed is that in stat box on the bottom right, the evt value was often rising and becoming red (this usually worsen my performances even if I cannot exactly say how. What is that value? Is there someone who could please explain me?
evt = extra vertices drawn
This is for stuff like mapmodels, hudgun, hud text, particles etc.
Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 11:29AM)tempest Wrote:
(16 May 12, 08:22AM)ketar Wrote: BTW, the only thing i noticed is that in stat box on the bottom right, the evt value was often rising and becoming red (this usually worsen my performances even if I cannot exactly say how. What is that value? Is there someone who could please explain me?
evt = extra vertices drawn
This is for stuff like mapmodels, hudgun, hud text, particles etc.

Tx Tempest but the fact that I have those high spikes means something? Does it affect the gameplay? I guess so even if it is not so clear as lag. Looks like I hit less when that value grows.
Thanks given by:
{BoB}yland didn't show any major problems for few days we had it without the code, but to tell u the truth there were not many players on server during testing time, so maybe it cannot sirve as a reference. From last night it reports to ladder and I hope it will stay the same.
Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 09:35PM)RAMPAGE Wrote: {BoB}yland didn't show any major problems for few days we had it without the code, but to tell u the truth there were not many players on server during testing time, so maybe it cannot sirve as a reference. From last night it reports to ladder and I hope it will stay the same.

Sadly as soon as you said this, major problems started.
Yesterday {BoB}yland was laggy, as were in the past {BoB}Dylan or {BoB}Marley

Given that those problems didn't show up in the day before it reported to the ladder I wonder if it is not something related to this relationship, if it is possible.

I would change his name. I would call it {BoB}Hope. Maybe it helps
Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 07:39PM)ketar Wrote: Tx Tempest but the fact that I have those high spikes means something? Does it affect the gameplay? I guess so even if it is not so clear as lag. Looks like I hit less when that value grows.
Well, if it's so much that it affects your fps, then you might get the fps-related hitreg problems. Otherwise, no.

(18 May 12, 07:56AM)ketar Wrote: Given that those problems didn't show up in the day before it reported to the ladder I wonder if it is not something related to this relationship, if it is possible.
I don't know which method this ladder uses to transfer data, but if it uses syslog to a remote target, that's possible (or there might be something else ofc).
Thanks given by:
PHP reads from stdout, then enters data into a database.
Thanks given by:
To bump this thread up again, I'd really like this problem to be fixed. Otherwise there is no point in having long games going if they end up getting disturbed anyway.

It has never been a problem with sending syslog or any other type of ladder related issue. Unless you run stuff on a really low end box with limited bandwidth, which I don't do. I've run the ladder continuously since October 2009 and never seen such issues before 1.1 got released.
Thanks given by:
Intense lag this evening on B} Free, unfortunately.

Players lagged out every 3 minutes, about. Lasted a period of 10 minutes. After that, it was just some lag spikes.

Not sure if it is related, but for some reason, the BoB ladder reports I had a 7+ ratio today. It appears my deaths were not recorded onto the ladder for some reason. Is it related to the lag outs?
Thanks given by:
I saw this morning that =SA=RCJD Had also a 7+ ratio
Thanks given by:
The best place to post that you have an issue with the BoB ladder might be the BoB forum, no offence just saying...

http://ladder.thebillybobs-rocking-on.net/forum
Thanks given by: