AssaultCube v1.1.0.1 Release
We've just released the AssaultCube v1.1.0.1 packages on sourceforge - get your package from the release files page.

It contains a number of important bug-fixes, like the errors and anticheat kicking in on certain maps (like ac_keller), also a number of scripting issues have been addressed.
The admin connect fix appears to still not be working though, and linux users with libjpeg.so.8 still need to use the work-around I described on the last release-thread.

So you see - there's still enough for us to do, but we hope that each release does give you a bit more reliability, stability and above all fun.
Here are the checksums so you know if your download is correct - please use an alternative mirror from sourceforge.net if you have problems with your download. They always need some time to distribute it and the process doesn't always work 100% on all servers - that's the interwebs, I guess - but redundancy = "failure relief" ;-)
.exe: (Windows)
MD5 : 94dfec7b5fec65b3769af3e42f25b377
SHA1: f71f818509dda16e0158fbc6c537bb2179de8a05

.tar.bz2: (Linux)
MD5 : 9ad55a9e032efc59eb1f2f89577647c3
SHA1: c90f19dc79c3e8c958062bb63d85b81ff23b5177

.dmg: (Mac OS X)
MD5 : ecb1124457b741084b52b0cf5d4f2d92
SHA1: 2501a5b7d10a156d702d3719578f5527426f1703
Thanks given by:
Thank you :)
Thanks given by:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Thanks given by:
Good job :)
Thanks given by:
That's a nice job...!!
Thanks given by:
niiiiiiiice!
Thanks given by:
GG. +1.
Thanks given by:
Good job,Team
Thanks given by:
Can we get the changelog somewhere ?
Thanks given by:
LOL at the 4 digit version numbering. Three digits should have been simple enough. Anyways, it's great to see that you guys managed to quickly dish out the patches for those troublesome bugs.
Thanks given by:
admin connect as the menu one or command one or both?
Thanks given by:
Can i just copy the server bins from the 1.1.0.1 release to my ubuntu server or will i have to copy everything to update it?
Thanks given by:
GJ! ;)
Thanks given by:
Billybob: In terms of files required by the server, packages/maps/official/ac_rattrap.cgz has also changed since 1.1.0.0, but that's it. Yes, you can copy just those two files.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 09:25AM)Luc@s Wrote: Can we get the changelog somewhere ?
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 09:04PM)jamz Wrote: Billybob: In terms of files required by the server, packages/maps/official/ac_rattrap.cgz has also changed since 1.1.0.0, but that's it. Yes, you can copy just those two files.

Ok thanx for the info jamz.
Thanks given by:
Nice but why not only make an update?

I have to resinstall my server once again.

There are some bugs from the bullet sounds.
We cannot switch to spectate mod.
Thanks given by:
DarKnoT: /specate or /benchme doesn't work?
Thanks given by:
is this an update or a new download?
i downloaded it, but it took up like 45 megs.
i thought it was just an update
Thanks given by:
yourteamate:

The reason for the big download is cause this update (1.1.0.1) is the same as 1.1.0, except that the bugs are fixed. It would make sense that the this update's download file size is close to the original one (1.1.0). If you had anything you want to keep in 1.1.0 like scripts, mods..., then just back up what you want then delete 1.1.0 and replace it with this new update then add your scripts, mods, etc :)
Thanks given by:
Hmm and we seem to have servers with different protocols now..i cant reach some server.
I just installed it ontop of the other and everything seems to work.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 09:22PM)Luc@s Wrote:

Please :'(
Thanks given by:
@Gibstick: Unknown command: gospectate
Thanks given by:
/spectate
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 11:29AM)Luc@s Wrote:
(09 Aug 10, 09:22PM)Luc@s Wrote:

Please :'(

Changelog from 1.1.0.1 (since 1.1.0.0)
* A bunch load of bug fixes.
* Config files fixes.
* Servers allow kick-votes by default for any reason again.
* Servers now also, allow ban-votes by default, if the server detects something it's a good idea (ask Brahma how this works..)
* ac_rattrap spawn fixes/additions.
* much more explanatory server-wizard
* nieb's texture pack added by default
* protocol change so that people can't use 1.1.0.0 with 1.1.0.1
* il8n improvements
* allow starting maps/demos via "--loadmap=%s" and "--loaddemo=%s" (no extension)
Thanks given by:
ok ty :)
Thanks given by:
What shall we do when we have Mac Os X 10.4.11 ?!?

AC crashes everytime I'm trying to launch it :/

You're talking about X11, but what have we to do with X11 (when i start AC 1.1, X11 doesn't).
Thanks given by:
Ah, we've been waiting for your return - if you aren't somebody else entirely - if you weren't the guy Ärkefiende and I spoke to on IRC just forget this last sentence ;-)

Wahnfred is pretty sure it should run on 10.4 and X11 is not required AFAIK.
What we really need, to get to the bottom of this, is a crash-log/failure-message.
Please copy the contents of the crash-report to a pastebin so that when Wahnfred returns from his (well earned) holiday he can take a look and either advise you on how to fix it - or if it's something he has to do make it work from the next release onwards.

I've come under the impression that 10.4 is rather outdated and that updating the OS is very easy, maybe you should also consider this more seriously (again?!?).

Anyway - give us the fullest bug report so we can actually try to help you; as I said: we are under the impression 10.4 should (still) be fully supported but have no such machine ourselves for testing.

Post the link to your crash-report in the Feedback/Bug-Reports-thread, please.
Thanks given by:
there's one thing I notticed - I am walking slower now! REALLY! in one match I went behind one guy and he moved faster than me! that's strange... but anyway this is cool xD
Thanks given by:
MysteeryMan: you know strafe running?
Thanks given by: