Writing your configuration to server_autoconfigured.bat ... Failed!
Why do I keep getting this error? I never did on my other laptop, till it broke completely which is why i'm using this one where im getting it every time.
Thanks given by:
Check that you have the permissions to do that and that the folder isn't read-only.
Thanks given by:
i checked it turns out it was read only, but when i unticked it and clicked ok it said I needed would need admin. I am on the only account on this computer so logically it must have admin rights, musn't it? Well I clicked ok, and it came up it was applying something to the folder and all it's sub folders. It hasn't worked, and now it says the folder is read only all over again.
Thanks given by:
Yet another example of how Windows lets you think you're in charge, when you're not. You'll need to take ownership of the folder before you can give yourself write permission. Google windows 7 ownership.
Thanks given by:
i get "the specified file is not a registry script you can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor" after trying to merge the registry file i made following the instructions
Thanks given by:
Erm...you shouldn't need a registry fragment. Read this.
Thanks given by:
I think I can help here, I deal with these issues all day everyday and actually its so easy to fix!

Try this:

Open windows explorer by right clicking on its shortcut and choose "run as administrator" this is the critical step so if you cant do that dont bother to continue your logon does not have sufficient rights.

Ok assuming you have windows explorer opened as admin navigate to the folder containing the offending file.

Right click on it and choose properties (the folder not the file)

Now select the security tab

Now click the advanced button at the bottom.

now choose the Owner tab.

This will show the current owner and also confirm that you are able to take ownership of the file. If the current owner is not you, that is your problem. Once you have changed ownership just check the permissions, it would not be the first time I have seen someone own a file but not have permission to edit it!

Good luck, I hope that helps and if its repeating anything you already know appologies :)
Thanks given by: