You guys are at each others throats and its making me sick
(29 Mar 12, 01:55PM)tempest Wrote:
(29 Mar 12, 08:04AM)Undead Wrote: lol no we dont we just need a dev to go ahead and add some more maps to the package but they're quite unwilling to take time out of their infinitely busy schedules to do so (or they're just really lazy and do not care)
Yeah right. And suppose we did that, people wouldn't stop complaining how dumb we are and how we can't judge on maps because we have no idea how to play this game blah blah blah. So there are two options basically: 1) make it a community choice or 2) let the devs decide, but then shut up about it.

how about you just let the devs decide with community input on the matter, but seriously just get something fucking done. i'll take charge if none of you are willing to do it.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 12, 12:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: 4) F1 Halo's fix of the map.
Yes, it was better, but it still isn't good enough.
A layout change is what Douze needs.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 12, 06:25PM)Nightmare Wrote: Also at picking future official maps. Please take fps into consideration, a bit more.

The map where i have the lowest FPS is ac_douze btw.
and it's still overplayed
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 12, 06:25PM)Nightmare Wrote: Also at picking future official maps. Please take fps into consideration, a bit more.

Down with ac_power!

Thanks given by:
Map Menu - sub-menus: Official (devs picks), Community Pack (whoever cares to get involed in the selection picks). Hell even put a Gema Maps sub-menu. Just give all players and not only this forum and akimbo users more options, let them easily try out diferent maps.
Everybody wins, newbies and the everyday player will have the chance to play and get to know quality custom maps, the mappers hard work will be recgonized and we might even get lucky and get rid of the Power-Shine-Depot maprots.
Thanks given by:
[Image: pf700310.jpg]

YES F1 VERY GOOD IDEA !!!!!!!!1!111one
Thanks given by:
I'm not only a pretty face and a hot body, you know?
Thanks given by:
That is easily done, since the menus are all in CS. If you get me a .zip file with the maps sorted into folders as you see fit, I can create a new menus.cfg that will use those submenus.
Now, whether the devs will use it in the official package is another question.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 12, 12:16AM)Lantry Wrote: Now, whether the devs will use it in the official package is another question.

Hehe it's the point. :P
Thanks given by:
It would only make sense if it were to be part of the official release, with some regular updates and all that, ofc. But is something that I think it could work well if enough ppl decided to get involved.
Thanks given by:
Right, but it is much more likely to be put in if people take the initiative and make it themselves. Since this is open-source and the devs aren't being paid anything for their work, they will pretty much just work on what they want to work on. But that is the point of open-source: if people want it, they just do it themselves.
So yes, there is no guarantee the devs will put it in, but half of the battle is making it in the first place.
Thanks given by:
@lantry
you are absolutely right but in real world of coding i would compare these flames to "analyze", very important for final output ...
Thanks given by:
Yes but if there are "regular updates" (as said Landry) it could let devs making some errors (and fix this error on the next update if there is).
You get it? :P
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 12, 10:51AM)Orynge Wrote: A layout change is what Douze needs.
In essence Douze needs to not be Douze?
Thanks given by:
TL;DR if you don't like our company, just leave.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 12, 01:38AM)Hellspell Wrote:
In essence Douze needs to not be Douze?
Nah, Douze just needs to be less Douze-like
Thanks given by:
Douze just needs a player limit like Jamz suggested. I think its a great idea.
Thanks given by:
Forums got all flip-flopped D:
Thanks given by:
...Heh, one of my friends pointed out to me that gema maps were included in a map pack in an early version of AC. They were designed for training purposes.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure they weren't talking about Cube? Even in that case, it was only one map IIRC
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Take out all official maps, make several map packs and give the map menu several tabs, for each map pack that you add (folders, maybe?). I personally hate searching for a specific map that I can't quite remember the name to, but would know when I see the name. This is when I have had 300+ maps. Make map packs player made, so that there can be more diversity in the maps being played. Make a launcher that allows you to download new map packs when you start the game up, instead of that ugly console window. Give each map pack maybe 5-20 maps, no more, that share the same theme. If a map is not in a map pack yet, it would be put into a tab called "uncategorized" or something. This is just my take on this.
Thanks given by:
I like official maps. :O
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 12, 11:00AM)pweaks Wrote: TL;DR if you don't like our company, just leave.

Your 14 years old posts make me sick, this topic is not about i like/dislike the game, it's about "can we make it better and how?".
Thanks given by:

You do realise douze is a port of a map from Sauerbraten, to change it's layout - well, then it's not douze. If anything, Douze needs to be scaled down to Sauer proportions.
Thanks given by:
In fact, douze used to be a cube map and was added to AC for, well let's say nostalgic reasons. Maybe not the best idea, but given people always have been stuck to rather open maps, I guess a whole lot of people are quite happy it's there the way it is.

Removing or messing around with maps isn't the way to go, really. Sure, some tweaks if neccessary due to new features and stuff can/need to be done eventually. Though, anything else is only going to cause more people to go nuts.

Just to let you know, I personally have come to the conclusion that we'd rather add more maps generally, than letting those rot in the akimbo vault.
Thanks given by:
(17 Apr 12, 10:58AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(02 Apr 12, 11:00AM)pweaks Wrote: TL;DR if you don't like our company, just leave.

Your 14 years old posts make me sick, this topic is not about i like/dislike the game, it's about "can we make it better and how?".

If you don't like my comments, use the ignore button.
Thanks given by:
Study is better than ignore.

You are just trolling a 5 stars topic who should be sticked (or near), you are not even reading it to put it down with shit coments.
Thanks given by:
ExodusS, atm you are doing more to ruin this thread than pweaks. Can we skip this and go back to the topic?
Thanks given by:
So much butthurt, exoboy.
Thanks given by: