World Cup 2012 ac
Imo I agree with Edward to some extent. I believe the act of changing teams purely to join a higher skilled team is bs. However I believe if the person has ties with that particular country, e.g. waffles playing for Ireland because because he likes potatoes and has family history there. I'd consider that acceptable. The same goes for countries. A person from Holland could join the Belgian squad or vice versa, as a lot of Belgians speak dutch, plus they're bordering countries.
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 12, 02:19PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: He was swapping knife range hacks and edkt hacks. I didnt take proof thougj >.<
Wasn't that you? :>
EDIT: Nvm that was something else in singleplayer \:D

Also, I don't think all of these "country-mergers" persay are for more skilled teams.
For team India, we just want some adjacent players, and Iran is semi-close, so I thought that'd work.
Though the fact that they're skilled is a bonus :D
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 12, 08:07PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Afaik, if your nationality is German but you live in Belgium (purely hypothetically speaking ofc) you could play for either team - or if you are the only known willing participant (or if there are not enough willing participants) from your country then you are permitted to make a team based in countries around yours, e.g. if the English team were short of players, we could make a UK team that includes Ireland, Scotland and Wales, you see? People can't just make random teams, there are rules.

The United Kingdom is a country itself including England and Wales, Scotland, Nothern Island and some small islands so anyone residing there or with UK nationality could play for the UK anyway.

There isn't really a good way to ensure teams try to form as regionally as possible while not alienating those from countries without many players. So I'd suggest we keep historic policy and ask teams to represent a single country if possible and if not at least a localized region.

Another issue is whether a player must reside in a country or be of that country's nationality but possibly living elsewhere. Again, I don't think a one-size-fits-all rule will work and you have to let players choose.
Thanks given by:
@ who is saying that there are enough players for italy:

it's the third time we try to join ACWC with an italian team, but the sad truth is that italians are not active enough. Some, like 610 team, just stopped playing competitively for work reasons, others, the majority, are just pubs players. The only clan matches players are me and Homer-J and sometimes Aka, and some of LG, boys that don't use any communication method and often they don't even answer when called in game. Aka was inactive 1 year, Paolox is unreliable, Ketar and Batmagoo refuse to play matches... what shall we do?

The idea was mixing an italian and french team, since the 2 countries are near and there is plenty of frenchies
Thanks given by:
It seems justifiable. Unfortunately, french players are enough to make a French team (even 5 or 6 lmao) thus they will play for France!

I think that we can make mixed team only with countries with not enough players.

btw you should try to recruit Italians players playing on public servers. Jamz wrote that there were about 1377 Italian players. You should be able to find three or four players not too bad and accepting to participate in the ACWC.
Thanks given by:
I'll play for ireland :P

mixed teams have been allowed in the past but there should be regional/national reasons. acid playing for germany for example. I think that a regional team is acceptable as long as those countries are at least bordering each other or from a large geographic region (i.e. Latin american team). Larry is right however, there is not one rule that could be applicable to everyone.
Thanks given by:
What we could do, is get a list of people willing to participate, then by their location in their country, we put it on a map. Then, make placeholder teams by organizing them in regions. With this, we can see if we need to amalgamate regions fairly, if they have a cultural history.

This way, we can see who wants to play, and who they can play for
Thanks given by:
I love you and your idea Cemer (no homo btw xD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzexgsm-l...X6IpqY6y6g=
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 12, 02:12AM)Cemer Wrote: What we could do, is get a list of people willing to participate, then by their location in their country, we put it on a map. Then, make placeholder teams by organizing them in regions. With this, we can see if we need to amalgamate regions fairly, if they have a cultural history.
This way, we can see who wants to play, and who they can play for

Yeah I like this idea but the main problem is that countries like :

USA, Brazil, France, Germany, Turkey, UK, Poland, Australia, Canada, Russia, Italy, Spain, Netherlands and Belgium (and others see link bellow)...

should not be allowed to mix with any other country because they have enough players according to that :
http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/58/81/januar10.jpg

Just find those players ... you will make new friends
Comon do not say that it is not possible. Serbia and Iran played the ACWC 2011 and they are not even on this picture (no offense)...
Thanks given by:
I mean, we can tell by the map of players who WANT to participate (cemer's idea) which countries can "merge" and which cannot.
For example, not all 1377 players listed on that graph want to play on behalf of Italy for ACWC.
I think cemer's idea would be interesting.
Thanks given by:
Edward, that problem isn't whether or not there are enough players in a country, but whether the players in the country are skilled enough to compete in the World Cup. Mexico is a very good example of this. There was a Mexican team 2 ACWC's ago and it wasn't very capable to compete at a top level, and I think it's worse now. Honestly, I can't name any other active and community known Mexican other than myself that could play, and it's not like I'd go shouting in pubs trying to find unknown Mexicans to join. Things like similar religion, culture, close geographical location, etc. are good reasons for a team of 2 or more countries to merge, like the Latin American team.
Thanks given by:
the fuck you talking about wolf you have myself. but 2 doesnt make much of a difference. To shout out my opinion; stop crying about how teams are organized and start crying about more important matters like if there is even going to be an ACWC this year and who will host it?
Thanks given by:
are elite and horus going to be german citizens again?
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 12, 06:23AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Edward, that problem isn't whether or not there are enough players in a country, but whether the players in the country are skilled enough to compete in the World Cup. Mexico is a very good example of this. There was a Mexican team 2 ACWC's ago and it wasn't very capable to compete at a top level, and I think it's worse now. Honestly, I can't name any other active and community known Mexican other than myself that could play,
It is exactly what I condemn. If your country does not have players rather good to win, then try to lose with dignity. Trying to win by mixing teams seems to me a bit petty.
"Top level" is not what should matter. You are here to have fun according to me and I am able to have fun even when I lose (and I lose many matches).
Thanks given by:
I might try to set up a survey for a that idea later
Some regular players have never played inters and ar cringingly bad...
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 12, 09:10AM)Undead Wrote: are elite and horus going to be german citizens again?

yes
Thanks given by:
http://d1551d3n7.questionform.com/public/ACWC
There is the survey :D
Thanks given by:
First wait for a person willing to host to show up and get started ;) You're making teams before there is even a tourney, lol.
Thanks given by:
aG will be hosting it. Very similar rules to previous years and we'll post a draft of them soon so they can be reviewed, discussed and improved. We'll also hold a poll soon to assess what date would be best to start so as the most players can participate.
Thanks given by:
IMO summer would be best. Wolf no time like the present :)
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 12, 06:13PM)Roflcopter Wrote: aG will be hosting it. Very similar rules to previous years and we'll post a draft of them soon so they can be reviewed, discussed and improved. We'll also hold a poll soon to assess what date would be best to start so as the most players can participate.

So this means that whoever is running it will not play in the tourney? As last year it was Luc@s DaylixX and BigBen yet they did not participate.
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 12, 10:00PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: e.g. waffles playing for Ireland because because he likes potatoes and has family history there. I'd consider that acceptable.

i can now play with waffles, so can xenon. i can also play with the english team too.
vermi can now play with the polish team, same with newbie.

point is are you mad?
Thanks given by:
So I can play with Spain because of my long ago Spanish conquistadors ancestors?! :DD
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 05:01AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: So I can play with Spain because of my long ago Spanish conquistadors ancestors?! :DD

yes
Thanks given by:
im also second generation Irish, but there should be more factors than just location. After discussing this, it seems like citizenship should be the rule of thumb for where people can play, assuming they have enough players in their country to participate. IN years past, latino america, north africa, and such regional groups were acceptable and should remain so. Countries like USA, France, Germany, Etc. should all have dedicated teams. Basically, use common sense and nothing negative needs to go down.
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 04:46AM)Undead Wrote:
(13 Apr 12, 10:00PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: e.g. waffles playing for Ireland because because he likes potatoes and has family history there. I'd consider that acceptable.

i can now play with waffles, so can xenon. i can also play with the english team too.
vermi can now play with the polish team, same with newbie.

point is are you mad?

Newbie can play for PL bcs he's comes and speaks Polish.
Thanks given by:
undead, come play with me plz.
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 07:47AM)Waffles Wrote: citizenship should be the rule of thumb for where people can play

so I can play for England, Ireland or Sweden? (I have part Irish + Swedish ancestry).
Thanks given by:
Has anyone set-up a New Zealand team (or australialia?)
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 09:18PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote:
(16 Apr 12, 07:47AM)Waffles Wrote: citizenship should be the rule of thumb for where people can play

so I can play for England, Ireland or Sweden? (I have part Irish + Swedish ancestry).
For me it's always seemed natural that one can join any team as long as he/she was born there (nationality doesn't necessarily have to be from that country), or if said person lived most of his/her life in that country. Obviously it all comes down to common sense. My great grandpa was French and was born there and his whole family was French, but that doesn't mean I'll go around making a French team.
Thanks given by: