Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
(07 Aug 10, 12:04AM)flowtron Wrote: Panda: If you mean a "mute all VC"-checkbox - that'd not be a "bug report", it'd be a "feature request". As you said in IRC you tried the "voicecom off" from the sound-settings menu - you'll still hear your own VCs (which is guess is a "bug") but not those from others!

no, I didn't mean that. The game hadn't saved my setting of voicecom off, it works if it gets saved/set in game :) What I meant is that I had every single voicecom sound muted in the menu, but it still played "Awesome" and a few others. (Yes, "Awesome" was and is shown as muted.)

However, "voicecom off" doesn't get saved, it's back to on again after restart.

A very important bug:

You cannot connect to private/full/20min-banned servers via admin connect.
Thanks given by:
I can't pick up nades in LSS :S
Thanks given by:
is it predicted behavior if we can't vote as admin (could not vote that often) ? If it's how it should works, it's a pain :'(
Thanks given by:
today downloaded - linux
[Image: 20100807134410acshinetd.th.jpg]

still is there written test build
Thanks given by:
"What happened to ac_desert2?"

There was no particular reason for it. Nieb (the maps creator), decided to make it how it is now. It's his map, and he decided he wanted to change it, and so, he did.

It is not because of map checks or anything like that. It's simply because Nieb wanted to change it.
Thanks given by:
Ah, I finally got back my laptop to test it out. I quite like the improvements overall.

Anyways, VSync for Windows Vista/NVidia 8600M doesn't work. Probably from SDL's side, but I thought you guys should know. Oh, and it's still displays Open Source on the front page without that caveat "only the engine is open source".

EDIT: Also, names stored in saved.cfg are not enclosed in quotation marks, causing "[aCKa]Ki113R" to be wrongly parsed as "aCKa". That bug has been around for a pretty long while, but I thought I might as well bring it up.
Thanks given by:
Voting maps in Single player and choosing an empty custom map doesn't work.

It only allows the map to be voted if I type /mode map
Thanks given by:
Were you using the menu?
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 05:42PM)LeeZH Wrote: EDIT: Also, names stored in saved.cfg are not enclosed in quotation marks, causing "[aCKa]Ki113R" to be wrongly parsed as "aCKa". That bug has been around for a pretty long while, but I thought I might as well bring it up.
autoexec:
name "[aCKa]name"
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 07:02PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Were you using the menu?

Yes
Thanks given by:
@pwnage:
k hang on
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/V-Notes_prelim.zip
These are preliminary notes after having read the AC 1.1 source code.
I'll look into the menus tonight.
Thanks given by:
im Having a huge issu im trying 2 make ac map no joke.

[Image: picture23n.th.png]

i'll post it later
(off to the mall)
Thanks given by:
I wasn't laughing TSOR.

On topic: a lot of textures dont have low res versions, like in the upper middle in ac shine and many others. There was a package by Brett with low res versions of most textures and custom textures in case you need it. I believe it was called "poor cheats".

Also due to the oversimplified brightskin filter the default playermodel textures are now too dark and too similar in brightness.
Thanks given by:
- Why did you guys switch around the voicecoms? Just wondering... Having a hard time remembering the new ones cause the old ones are hardwired into my brain since .93...

- Any reason for changing the ammo of the MTP-57?

- Just wondering, but could we consider adding cheat protection? A friend on the |GGA| server was the admin, and some guy (MAJ!ST1CO or something) came onto the server, stole the admin password, and banned the admin from the server, and started going into edit and removing stuff and speedhacking and banning guys from the server... Luckily he was able to come back and ban the guy, but isn't that a huge security flaw? Because I had my own test server up after using the server wizard, and then about 1 hour in of playing, some window popped up with a chat box called "HACKER" and he screwd with my webcam and computer...

- Just a friendly suggestion... - Since 1.1 changes font and voicecoms and adds a new gun and stuff, can we keep 1.04 and call it "AC Classic"? Or would that be too much of a strain on the masterserver? Because 1.04 reminds me of .93 and the older versions... :D

- I'm having problems using the server wizard in 1.1... It keeps failing to write the config to the server.bat. Any way to change my internal IP to my external IP?

- Why didn't you add a menu option for kicking and banning? Too many idiot players banning players for no reason? :D

- Thanks,
Buckoman
(08 Aug 10, 02:13AM)Buckoman Wrote: - Why did you guys switch around the voicecoms? Just wondering... Having a hard time remembering the new ones cause the old ones are hardwired into my brain since .93...

- Any reason for changing the ammo of the MTP-57?

- Just wondering, but could we consider adding cheat protection? A friend on the |GGA| server was the admin, and some guy (MAJ!ST1CO or something) came onto the server, stole the admin password, and banned the admin from the server, and started going into edit and removing stuff and speedhacking and banning guys from the server... Luckily he was able to come back and ban the guy, but isn't that a huge security flaw? Because I had my own test server up after using the server wizard, and then about 1 hour in of playing, some window popped up with a chat box called "HACKER" and he screwd with my webcam and computer...

- Just a friendly suggestion... - Since 1.1 changes font and voicecoms and adds a new gun and stuff, can we keep 1.04 and call it "AC Classic"? Or would that be too much of a strain on the masterserver? Because 1.04 reminds me of .93 and the older versions... :D

- I'm having problems using the server wizard in 1.1... It keeps failing to write the config to the server.bat. Any way to change my internal IP to my external IP?

- Why didn't you add a menu option for kicking and banning? Too many idiot players banning players for no reason? :D

- Thanks,
Buckoman

Oh yeah and what happened to ac_dust? Haven't seen that since .93, and i was hoping 1.1 had it...
(06 Aug 10, 07:44PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(06 Aug 10, 04:51PM)Syntax Wrote: Voice com for "Come on, move!" appears as "Spread out!"

Actually, it says both. But shouldn't it only say 'Come on, move'?

I've also something to say about the new nades plus sound issues. The change you did with them is very noticeable, though what exactly did you change? I feel like I can't even kill with them. Also when you gib someone with a nade (don't know about headshoting), 1 sound isn't there. I think it may be the scream or something, try gibbing a bot or something and check what's that sound.

Also it sometimes happen someone is shooting me and I die but I didn't even hear the shots or when I died (that scream), so it is almost impossible to know you're getting shot (tbh, if it wasn't for the text saying 'You got fragged by blablabla', then I would think I was lagging when falling to the ground). This doesn't always happen but once in a while it does.

Hey... Try setting your maximum sounds higher. It might be that you've set it (or by default) it only loads 20 or something sounds. Try allowing it to load more sounds, and try again. :)
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 02:13AM)Buckoman Wrote: - Why did you guys switch around the voicecoms? Just wondering... Having a hard time remembering the new ones cause the old ones are hardwired into my brain since .93...
There were no voicecoms in .93 :D
(08 Aug 10, 02:13AM)Buckoman Wrote: - Just wondering, but could we consider adding cheat protection?
Already in place
Thanks given by:
@Server Wizard: it's being made more newcomer-friendly as I type (kudos @ RandumKiwi) - it already did say "leave field empty if in doubt" .. don't put in your IP - the masterserver will know it - it's only there in case you're running on a machine with multiple interfaces!

@keeping 1.0.4: only a cheater would want that really, the old version will be discontinued at some point in the near future.

@voicecoms: I discussed my re-arranging with a number of people and they saw my point - although we all agreed that it will take some getting used to - I've tried to arrange them into more sensible groups and each group tries to make the key combos be as close as possible.
Just look at V2 - v22: "Defend The Flag" - a very important VC, then (one key apart) v21: "recover the flag" and v23 "C'mon move".
Or v3 - v33: "I made contact" - good VC if you've been assigned to go the "alternate route" (imagine ac_depot) on your own - and the two opposite extremes are v31 and v35 - "attack"/"defence".

I think you'll quickly get these combos down, life is change, after all ;-)
Thanks given by:
Quote:- Any reason for changing the ammo of the MTP-57?
http://ac.if.usp.br/AC11-Ideas-Thread-by-V-Man.txt

flowtron Wrote:@keeping 1.0.4: only a cheater would want that really, the old version will be discontinued at some point in the near future.

Quote:Why didn't you add a menu option for kicking and banning?
Menu to ban/kick is in the admin menu.
Thanks given by:
You can sink at some places from upstairs to downstairs..
You can get with ur head in ac_desert off the map...

Sorry if this was already told :)

ps: I wont tell how because then every reader here will try it :P
So pm me about it x)
Thanks given by:
Another problem, I just failed a vote once and I wasn't able to vote again (never)
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 02:31AM)Ruthless Wrote:
There were no voicecoms in .93 :D
(08 Aug 10, 02:13AM)Buckoman Wrote: - Just wondering, but could we consider adding cheat protection?
Already in place

Thanks for the cheat protection info... Makes me more confident than ever to start a server on my own. Rephrase: The voicecoms were hardwired into my brain since they came out. XD
(08 Aug 10, 10:36AM)Luc@s Wrote: Another problem, I just failed a vote once and I wasn't able to vote again (never)

I had that same problem too. I think it's how the admin configured the server... Either that or the default. Would I have this problem if I used the server wizard?
Thanks given by:
Maybe :/ and when you "can't vote that often", having admin doesn't seem to change anything
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 12:00AM)THESOUNDOFRAP Wrote: im Having a huge issu im trying 2 make ac map no joke.

[Image: picture23n.th.png]

i'll post it later
(off to the mall)

im trying 2 make map in my own server and i cant spawn. as was trying 2 show "Luc@s" my map. in coop, i was so frustrated. as like it was wasting my time

i did read the new Server commend line but its NOT working for me oh yea as i was trying 2 kick people out as o coop. i couldn't do it. it keeps on failing and failing.

EDIT: maybe a Youtube will be easier show it and explain
Thanks given by:
Here some bugs I encountered:
  • Shotgun bullets won't fly (they will stop im immediately after shooting as if there was a invisible wall in front of the player), if the client ist disturbed when loading (for example by pressing ALT+TAB)
  • Nades won't be throwed when holding down right mouse button (if this was your intention a setting to change this would be nice)
  • Sometimes if you pick up a single nade you'll get two, sometimes if you pick up a double nade you'll receive one
  • Last swiss standing: If you are the survivor and you throw a nade it will not be deleted if it doesn't explode till timer runs out. It explodes after starting the new round and maybe hurts/kills a player immediately after spawn (I also remember this bug from 1.0.4)
Thanks given by:
-You can see the smg bullets shooting through 1 wall in ac_desert, but it doesn't hit. You can just see them fly throught that wall.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 07:32PM)Dustboy Wrote: ...Shotgun bullets won't fly...
In previous versions, updating the graphics driver has cured this problem.
Quote:Nades won't be throwed when holding down right mouse button...
/quicknade_hold 1
Quote:Sometimes if you pick up a single nade you'll get two, sometimes if you pick up a double nade you'll receive one
erm...help.
Quote:If you are the survivor and you throw a nade...
Don't do it :)
Thanks given by:
I downloaded a demo (named ac_power ctf in the demos list) but it was a demo of a tosok ac_desert (WTF ??)
Thanks given by:
"1.0.4: only a cheater would want that really"

-Really.....

the top part of you is stuck in the lower half.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 12:00AM)Bullpup Wrote: "1.0.4: only a cheater would want that really"

-Really.....

the top part of you is stuck in the lower half.

ha.
Thanks given by:
NVM......
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 02:43AM)flowtron Wrote: @Server Wizard: it's being made more newcomer-friendly as I type (kudos @ RandumKiwi) - it already did say "leave field empty if in doubt" .. don't put in your IP - the masterserver will know it - it's only there in case you're running on a machine with multiple interfaces!

If I was in doubt of anything, I left it blank. All I did was fill in the name of the server, the max clients, the admin password, the desc, and the masterserver name. Nothing else and it still says failed to write configuration ti server.bat. Help?
Thanks given by: