Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
@Nate

What is your OS?
Thanks given by:
@Brahma: windows vista 07 with 38 bit operating system
Thanks given by:
Try to play in window mode:
/fullscreen 0

The client prints an output in a DOS terminal... Check this output when your client freeze.
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 10, 12:27AM)Brahma Wrote: Try to play in window mode:
/fullscreen 0

/fullscreen 0?
Thanks given by:
Type that in-game.
Thanks given by:
grrrrr.... thanks but this one doesnt work either... also the readme client freezes up too...
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 10, 12:50AM)Nate____God Wrote: the readme client
What?

Ah, and btw: you hit T, then type /fullscreen 0 and then hit enter. Right?
Thanks given by:
Im sorry im sorry not the readme client but the command prompt type deal that also opens up along with the game.
and at least on my computer, no you dont have to hit t then /fullscreen 0. just hit enter and then start typing
Thanks given by:
This thread has gone seriously off-topic - this isn't a general issue, it's a personal one. Nate: you should consider opening a dedicated thread for your issue in the "Help"-forum!
One more comment on it though: copy the BAT-file you use to start the game, then edit it with Notepad (not MS-Word or the likes!) and add a "-t" parameter (no quotes) - this will start the game in windowed mode. As always with bug-reports give as much information about your system as you can: type of OS (given above, but give it all in your new thread), type of GFX-card and version of driver used .. anything that is relevant to playing a 3D-game or unusual about your system. HTH.
Thanks given by:
OK i don't see what is wrong with the weapons and pickups in the new version of AC. If you don't like it, don't play it. its that simple. I want to see the restrictions lifted when making a map, though. I checked the Mapping section of the Forums and didn't find a topic about it. I really miss the old maps in 1.0.4, but i like the 1.1 effects and overall appearance better. And i found a bug that was mentioned earlier with people's names that start with "/" and it sorts through commands instead of names. its a bit of an inconvenience but nothing major.
Thanks given by:
current_version is part of the output of the masterserver and a new command to enable us to inform the players of new releases in-game. To avoid getting this error you might want to put
current_version = []
into your autoexec.cfg until you're running a binary that has this built-in command. It was added in revision 5671.

regarding the problems with saved.cfg - eihrul tells me the fix (rev.5679) "non-broken variable modifying commands" is exactly what was needed.

I've downloaded the example script, which doesn't appear to be complete BTW - the function/alias "c" (as in [echo (c 0)You...]) isn't defined. I expect it's simply
c = [ result (concatword "\f" $arg1) ] // replace "\f" with FORMFEED
Anyway, a lot of that script is overly complicated - for example calling
echo (concat bla bla bla)
// this is the same as
echo bla bla bla
Thanks given by:
I haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I maybe reporting something already seen? About 3 or 4 mins into the game and Ronald Reagan starts to randomly change vest colours. You need to view as free spectator mode to best see it.

link to demo
Thanks given by:
XD
Jiba, dont worry, this is a script I am using.
Talk to V-Man about it.
Thanks given by:
I'm curious, what is the purpose of the script? As far as I can imagine it only causes confusion to other players?
Thanks given by:
My best guess would be it distracts them so they die easier x)
Thanks given by:
I don't know if it was already reported, but autobalancing is severly broken in 1102 servers. Often I see teams simply swapped in 1:1 situations or 1:2 situations, which makes no sense. Then I just played TKTF 1:2, winning by a huge margin, and the server autoswapped one of the enemies to my team, so we were 2:1... after that it just changed rvsf vs. cla. All in all the changes are a bit too frequently and sometimes don't help.
Thanks given by:
At least a warning message that the server will autoshuffle would be nice. It happens too often you're enjoying your time in a game until all of a sudden the server shuffles.
Thanks given by:
Sorry about the confusion jiba, I didn't realize. I'll stop using it.
Thanks given by:
XD isn't it cuuuuute?
It's a script that cycles through the default skins. It's in the rave menu script.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback and guidelines.. they surely were of a great help to me
Thanks given by:
Spam much?
Thanks given by:
I think this meher is a bot.
Thanks given by:
I keep getting Autobanned in servers and, when i check teh logs it states 'Quick Aim' 'Quick move' which, i don't get why... stupid thing :P
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 03:48AM)Anannyo Wrote: Sometimes when u grab the dual pistols, it doesnt automatically give it to you, you just walk through it and nothin happens

That happens to me in 1.0.4 aswell as 1.1
Thanks given by:
Every time I try and take a screenshot in 1.1.0.3, the game freezes and crashes.
:(

btw, it still says "update your client" (yes, I have updated it -_-)
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 10, 07:15AM)Ruthless Wrote: Every time I try and take a screenshot in 1.1.0.3, the game freezes and crashes.
:(

btw, it still says "update your client" (yes, I have updated it -_-)

i have seen a lot of people complaining about the screenshot problem. when i try to take the screenshot the game doesn't crash but it freezes for a second or two.my OS is w7
Thanks given by:
After a hint of Aerke I've downloaded the 1.1.0.3 for Mac from SF.

Following Bugs I've noticed:

1)
On the Multiplayer browser list I've got a message to update my client. I'm sure that this is a mistake in the recognizing process or does the mac release is sending a wrong id?

2)
Map preview for custom maps still doesn't work.

Thanks given by:
I have 1) of Apollo as well (happens with SVN too lol).
Thanks given by:
The ms was set to 1.1.0.1... I updated this now.
Thanks given by:
Addendum: Failing map preview already reported here (2010-08-15)
Thanks given by: