1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
I think the we need the scoreboard to be more minimal--maybe just showing the team score and the player names. That's it. I personally think that it just encourages players to play less for their team and more for themselves and getting a good ratio, and a good score.
Thanks given by:
Floppy people do things that take longer than 2 minutes. Like taking out the garbage mid game -_-
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 10, 12:54AM)JMM Wrote: I think even 45 seconds is too short for AFK kick.

It doesn't bother me if a guy leaves the computer for a minute or two, it doesn't even bother me if my team loses by a flag in a pub because we had (OMGAWSH!11!) *one less player*. What bugs me if AFKers that simply don't come back and the idle dude sticks around for entire games, that messes with the team balance.

Agree.

Sorry Brahma but I still think that 45 seconds is too short. I also play 100% on public servers, and you know how it is, sometimes it's already hard to find a spot on the server you want to play on. If you get disconnected while typing a sentence or because you had to go to the bathroom in the middle of a hot game (sorry to insist, but I'm pretty sure it takes more than 45 seconds to go there, do what you have to do, wash your hands and come back to the computer) and then have to stare blankly at the servers list for 5 minutes until you get a chance to come back on, it's no fun.

I don't think the "one less player on a team for 1 and a half minute" really does anything to the team balance. On pubs, you always have the occasional newbie walking around looking at the scenery, trying to climb walls, getting stuck in a corner, camping in some dark and improbable place where nobody passes by, or shooting at his teammates with enthusiasm, and this one is no more useful to his team than the guy who goes AFK for 2 minutes and then comes back playing. Not to mention team shuffles, autoteam, guys disconnecting and others connecting, sometimes you get strange configurations like 10 vs 6 for a few seconds... Plus, pubs are often 12/12 or even 14/14, one more or one less guy playing doesn't make much of a difference. I don't know if the situation where 3 people are AFK at the same time in the same team happens a lot, I'd say not. So, team balance is not that much affected by AFK players.

Like JMM says, the problem with AFK is guys who simply go do something else for a while and don't disconnect, remaining idle for entire games, holding a spot on a full server while others would like to get on. For those cases, a delay of even 2 minutes would be short enough.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 10, 08:20AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
(20 Jul 10, 05:32AM)KN!F3 Wrote: Any support or help for Mac users who can't open it? 10.4.11 OS

10.4.11? Use Leopard/Snow Leopard

I use leopard (10.5.8), but i haven't open it because it hangs on the start screen.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 10, 07:37PM)Zomg! Wrote: That's tactical bs. Nade is about high scores. That is the true purpose of the nade.
And what's that? Twisted humor? Trolling? Ratio whore bs?
Thanks given by:
Zomg wasn't trolling. He is just right.
Thanks given by:
no, both you and zoomz are just wrong, nade spamming was never intended for AC
nades were always intended as a tactical tool to protect our back and to assault a full base
not to spam a door hoping that a fool passes it and dies.

nades in 1.1 are more than fine.
eod.
Thanks given by:
My server from the 1.1 alpha download is crashing - log - yet I had no problem running a self-compiled server from SVN source. If I continue to run a server from the current SVN source, will this be considered OK for 1.1 alpha testing?
Thanks given by:
I quite like this new 1 pickup for grenade spawns. It'll stop people from being able to stay at one spot throughout the entire game in maps such as ac_urban and ac_power throwing grenades at the spot. However it still allows for throwing down corridors (as a safety measure before going in, as opposed to throwing grenades down until an opponent appears) and of course against multiple players that are too close to each other. I don't quite why it should be labeled as 'tactical bs' when the shotgun is short range, the SMG is short-medium range, the assault right is medium-long range and the sniper long range, each having their own tactical advantage. I can't see the proble m with each weapon having unique advantages in situations.

I can approve of the central blacklist, however would it ban IP ranges? There are always the occasional messages on the forum from innocents who have been banned as part of an IP range. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, and I can see that they are generally used for when someone has a dynamic IP, but it's not great for someone new to the game to find that they're blocked from all servers.

On the voting system, what about the occasions where someone tries to votekick someone, it fails and then the person that wasn't votekicked then tries to votekick the attempted votekicker? It's not a particularly regular occurance, but I get a tad annoyed by players that see a failed votekick on them as attempted murder.
Thanks given by:
@ JosipTito

The central blacklist will be used only to the worst cases. And for the ban-ranges, we will have a central whitelist liked to this.

About the votesystem, the server has a switch now to allow or not "weak" vote tries. In the "not-weak" setting, if the other player is not tking, not lagging, not spamming, he has low score, among other sanity checks, you cannot call a vote to kick him. If the client is obviously cheating, the server by itself will ban the player.

@jamz
I am on IRC... lets check this.

@AFK-autokick...
I am talking about a feature I used in my server for almost 4 months, it was 30 seconds, and worked flawless.

The guys that are complaining here want to:
1) go to the bathroom!!
2) write complicated long texts
3) navigate deep in the menus

Guys... if you think the timing are too short, simple change it in your servers (0 for no autokick).
Yesterday I talked to Apollo, and he suggested to remove the ability to enter in the "Main menu" and the "Browse servers" from the "In-game menu", or at least auto-disconnect when the guy enter in these sub menus. It is an interesting idea. But I would like more feedback about this.

ALSO, the dev's team must discuss internally all these things. People are complaining here before we start to have "pubs" for the 1.1 and people really start to test. And we really want to test it in the pubs before anything.
Thanks given by:
It works with Mac OS X 10.4.11 but crashes when you want to connect to public server, change weapon, ... :/
Thanks given by:
I tried it and I love it as I see the Old Blacklist is still in charge noticed few changes as the way you shoot with no-scope on sniper it seems a little bit different than the old version also What's with carabine? Is it like a shotgun with no spread or what? I was rather pissed that I failed to gib bots as the shots were just flying past them it's gonna be allot harder to get sniper gibs now. Great idea on adding 20 bullets for AR, I also noticed some changes on the maps like the sign on ac_Douze.

BTW Is there gonna be any changes to the blacklist once the full version(non-experimental) comes out?
Thanks given by:
[Image: Not_A_Carbine.jpg]
Carabiner

[Image: CZ_527_CARBINE.png]
Carbine
Thanks given by:
When playing HTF, if you suicide and kill an opponent while carrying the flag you receive the "You covered the flag" message. Probably shouldn't be congratulated for that.
Thanks given by:
Quote: 10.4.11? Use Leopard/Snow Leopard

What if I don't have leopard and only have tiger? Isn't assault cube compatible with many old systems? Mine isn't even that old. It's a year old...
Thanks given by:
Knife use Linux ;-) I suggest Linux Mint LXDE if you have a older / slower intel mac.
Thanks given by:
It works on my Snow Leopard 10.6.4. I don't know how it's that hard. What I do is once downloaded:

1) Right click on the AC icon
2) Show Package Contents
3) Contents
4) gamedata
5) Click on the top file called assaultcube which is the launcher and it should work

The only problem I've had with these SVN's is that the moment I launch them my 1.0.4 f*cks up and I have to download and install it again. I've seen some people showing how to avoid this but can someone explain it in detail? The explanations are too advanced for me :P
Thanks given by:
Dunno what all these ppl are doing with their macs. The AC works stable on mine, no launching or connecting issues. Maybe it's a good advice to clean up the OS in general...

PS:
Please name your precise mac models, memory and cpu types for further debugging.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 10, 05:51PM)Brahma Wrote: The guys that are complaining here want to:
1) go to the bathroom!!
What, you never have to pee when you're playing AC? Now we'll have to carry our computer around when we go take a leak, just to move the cursor and pretend we're not AFK. Easy enough with a laptop, maybe. Or if your computer is on one of those little wheeled tables. Hmm, what about a wireless mouse, what range do they have? Of course, peeing in a bottle would do the trick. Or wearing diapers. :-P

Quote:Yesterday I talked to Apollo, and he suggested to remove the ability to enter in the "Main menu" and the "Browse servers" from the "In-game menu", or at least auto-disconnect when the guy enter in these sub menus. It is an interesting idea. But I would like more feedback about this.
I'm not sure I understand this. Would that mean that you would be disconnected as soon as you enter the "browse servers" menu? Not a good idea. I do that a lot, when the number of players on a server is falling and I want to check if another server has more players, or in TOSOK games when I'm killed and waiting for a new round to start, to check if there is a CTF or HTF going on somewhere else.

As for disconnecting when entering the main menu, there is something I often have to do in-game: re-apply my video settings. Default settings are much too dark for me, and sometimes some application running in the background messes with AC (don't know if it's the AV, firewall or some auto-update of whatever software) and the video settings get "lost" (default values are applied instead of mine). All I have to do is enter the menu, go to video settings -> apply and everything goes back to normal. It doesn't take more than 4 seconds and I'd hate to be disconnected every time I have to do that.

Quote:People are complaining here before we start to have "pubs" for the 1.1 and people really start to test. And we really want to test it in the pubs before anything.
Please don't consider all this as "complaining", people are just expressing their ideas and suggestions. It's alpha testing after all. It's a good sign that people are bitching about details rather than crying that they can't get the damn thing to run at all. And of course it still needs to be live tested, fine tuned... and getting used to! Be assured that most players appreciate the improvements you devs are bringing to the game. Can't wait to see 1.1 final running.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 10, 08:16AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: Dunno what all these ppl are doing with their macs. The AC works stable on mine, no launching or connecting issues. Maybe it's a good advice to clean up the OS in general...

PS:
Please name your precise mac models, memory and cpu types for further debugging.

I have an old mac so
Mac Mini 2005 original 1.25GHz PowerPC G4
Leopard 10.5.8
512MB RAM
40GB Hard Disk 3.73GB Free
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 10, 08:57AM)Lumpaz Wrote:
1) go to the bathroom!!
What, you never have to pee when you're playing AC? Now we'll have to carry our computer around when we go take a leak, just to move the cursor and pretend we're not AFK. Easy enough with a laptop, maybe. Or if your computer is on one of those little wheeled tables. Hmm, what about a wireless mouse, what range do they have? Of course, peeing in a bottle would do the trick. Or wearing diapers. :-P

What he is trying to say, is that if you want to go to do your 'stuff'; then disconnect, go do your business, and come back to play. If it's full then find another server and go back once it has some empty slots.
Thanks given by:
is it possible to have 1.1 on ur desktop and 1.o4? cuzz i downloaded 1.1 and it overwrit my v.104
Thanks given by:
just put 1.1 with another name :)

like Ac1.1
Thanks given by:
ooo lol thank you :D
Thanks given by:
:) np
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 10, 09:59AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(21 Jul 10, 08:57AM)Lumpaz Wrote:
1) go to the bathroom!!

What he is trying to say, is that if you want to go to do your 'stuff'; then disconnect, go do your business, and come back to play. If it's full then find another server and go back once it has some empty slots.

Yeah, I know, thanks for your detailed explanation, but what I am trying to say is... huh, forget about it. *sigh*
Just kiddin'.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 10, 10:25AM)[3D][Raver] Wrote: just put 1.1 with another name :)

like Ac1.1

LOL i wish i knew this earlier...
(21 Jul 10, 10:25AM)[3D][Raver] Wrote: just put 1.1 with another name :)

like Ac1.1

LOL i wish i knew this earlier...
Thanks given by:
so.... who decides what ip's go on the central blacklist and why? Is the central blacklist mandatory, or optional for server owners? There are entries on some blacklists that I don't necessarily agree with, and I wouldn't like not having the power to say who can and cannot connect to my server.
Thanks given by:
AFAIK, the central blacklist will only apply for obvious cheaters.
Thanks given by:
I like the new AC looks and fonts. BUT, I believe that when you move the camera with the mouse, it's to sensitive. Also, the AFK thing disconnected me when I was in the menu. I was only in the menu for 30 seconds. One last thing, when was with two other people in my server ( ducksong server ), I couldn't put it in coopedit.But other than that, it looks good!!
Thanks given by: