1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
/sensitivity 0.5
Thanks given by:
I noticed that maxserver slots are not limited since Ducksong has a server with 100 slots, also a suggestion of adding Carabine to the T/OSOK or maybe using giving it a 1-shot kill ability if you're right next to someone like a gib(1 point)
Thanks given by:
Mine always gives me this error. It even gave me this error when I tried to use the SVN version a few weeks ago.

[Image: errorj.th.png]
Thanks given by:
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but my virus scan is picking up a worm in this. Whats going on?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 05:24AM)Cactus Wrote: Dunno if this has been mentioned, but my virus scan is picking up a worm in this. Whats going on?

AVG?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 05:57AM)Mael Wrote:
(22 Jul 10, 05:24AM)Cactus Wrote: Dunno if this has been mentioned, but my virus scan is picking up a worm in this. Whats going on?

AVG?

Nope, Kaspersky.
Thanks given by:
i dont know if this means anything but about a year ago Avira picked up that the uninstall file was a virus on both .93 and 1.0, even though they were perfectly fine
Thanks given by:
The sniper spread is HORRIBLE. Why did you change it! No scoping is impossible now. Just like the nades, and the smg, and the shotgun, it didn't need to be changed, nor should have.
Thanks given by:
Zomg, we didn't change anything about the sniper. It had the same spread since 0.91 or 0.92, can't remember...
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 10, 08:24PM)Brahma Wrote: Awesome!
Lets play test now!

BTW, these are some of the new features you need to look for:

0.a) Some new textures
0.b) new official maps
0.c) reduced textures included! (just put the worst Graphics Quality)
0.d) bright skins now blocked
0.e) new fonts! and the possibility of change them!
0.f) new voice com sounds!

1.a) All weapons are incredibly more balanced
1.b) new primary weapon: carbine
1.c) pistol more accurate and sniper a bit more balanced (needs sniper plus two pistol shots to kill)
1.d) shotgun spread is more realistic/centered (so, the damage drops a bit less with the distance)
1.e) shotgun gib if kills with full hit (105 of damage), but counting only one frag
1.f) assault rifle has the same "rate of damage" of smg now (if you hit all shots)

1.5a) Four levels of armor protection! (100% armor -> 50% of damage absorption, 75% -> 40%, 50% -> 33%, 25% -> 25%...)
1.5b) HELMETS giving 25% of armor (one level).

2) Crouch in the air! (better to dodge and reach far places)

3) Hitbox fix: the shots are passing over the shoulders (now the sniper can cover its teammates with less risk of a friendly fire)
^ (thank to noerrorsfound)

4.a) No more nade spam!
4.b) nade pickups with only one nade, but the players can carry up to 3 nades (needs more experience to take advantage of this)!
4.c) nade gib worths only one point (less players running with nades at hand)
4.d) LSS still have random double nade pick ups

5.a) Less bandwidth load! (dial up FTW!)
5.b) more cpu load :P
5.c) mouse filter (to crappy-noisy mouses) and smarter scoped-or-not mouse accel (thanks to kirin)

6) Finally anticheats! (only for the pre-compiled bins)

7.a) Smarter vote system
7.b) the kick vote caller needs to type the reason
7.c) the server owner can block the apparently unjustified votes
7.d) the players which abuse will be blocked for some minutes
7.e) ability to vote for the next map: /setnext mode map (thanks to mr.floppy for indirect the idea!)

8.a) Smater map management (thanks to stef)
8.b) the players cannot spawn if they do not have the right map
8.c) the player cannot vote for a map the server does not have (so, they need to send the map first)
8.d) the server owner can block the sendmap
8.e) players cannot play in awful-lag maps anymore! (thanks to me!) :P

9) New server mode: Match (/mastermode 2)

10.a) New score system (to be implemented with the future medal system)
10.b) shuffle, autoteam and a new balance teams function to make the game fair in the pubs (based on score per second, thank to wtfisthisgame for the original idea)
10.c) EXTRA cooperation/cover/skill reward (type /hudextras 2 to receive the extra messages in your hud)

11) Central blacklist (thanks to eihrul)

12) and a lot more that i forget now... :P

Thanks to everybody who patiently waited for the 1.1, and tested every time we screamed in the channel. In this row, special thanks to Brett who was *always* there.
how do you download it
Thanks given by:
Quote:how do you download it

Maybe the answer could be in the first post of the thread?!
Thanks given by:
makke then why does it seem so differnet. I played AC v 1.0.4 and v1.1 and it seems way more spready
Thanks given by:
Something is messing with your brain! And I can help!
Thanks given by:
Don't quote me on that, but I think the unscoped-accuracy has been lowered a little further at v1.1.

Though, from my experience with 1.1 it's still working fine for skilled snipers. Too fine, in my opinion. ;) An unscoped sniper should be as accurate as Lisa Simpson throwing a folded piece of paper, since it's _the_ long range weapon. The way it's used along close combat, also on other games, is far off of my understanding how snipers're supposed to act, to be honst.
Thanks given by:
It's 60 since December 2007. So... not really.

See yourself:
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...xt%2Fplain (current HEAD)
and
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...xt%2Fplain (december 2007)
Thanks given by:
Yes, you're right. Actually, I thought so since grenadier was complaining how the sniper was now unplayable some time ago... I should have checked it beforehand myself.
Thanks tempest, for clearing this up! :)
Thanks given by:
no it hasnt been "lowered" it's just that now the hitbox has been fixed, shots now pass above the shoulder
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 03:34PM)Kirin Wrote: no it hasnt been "lowered" it's just that now the hitbox has been fixed, shots now pass above the shoulder
Pretty nice improvement (don't know many people with heads as wide as their shoulders). Can you now also throw nades above someone's shoulder?
Thanks given by:
huuuum...very good.
Thanks given by:
Anyone got any clue as to why my anti-virus detects a worm?
Thanks given by:
The hitbox changes should affect all weapons, yes.

This is a typical case of "I heard they changed the guns around - omg, all is diffrent!!?"

When you are expecting changes, you might sometimes feel like something is more diffrent than it is. I had all the changes explained in that other thread before the forums went down. Let me try to recap all that has changed weapon-wise:

Keep in mind: Depending on your opponents armour, wich is now more effective, the felt strenght of the guns can now vary. Make sure you get the armour before the others do :P

AR: 20 bullets. Less recoil. Same spread and kickback as ever. Firerate is 10msecs faster.

SMG:One point less damage. Therefore it has slightly less recoil, and the spread now behaves similar to AR. The first few bullets of a burst have less spread, thus are more accurate than before. If you shoot longer bursts than 4-5 shots, the spread goes up a tad higher than before. This means that it is now more important to first aim, than shoot.
It behaves pretty much the same as before, but more finesse is needed, not only good tracking.

Pistol: Decreased spread a lot, increased firerate. -1 point damage. It's much more accurate now. The Sniper+Pistol combo now needs two pistol shots, but your chance of hitting those two has increased a lot too.

Akimbo has now a lot lot less recoil. After all it's supposed to be a fun powerup, not something that gives you trouble in handling it. The increased accuracy of the pistol helps a lot too. It's like an smg on crack now :)

Shotgun: The spread has overall been decreased. The number of pellets has increased, and the damage of individual pellets has been lowered, to give the same overall damage per shot. The distribution of pellets is now much more even, and more pellets will be concentrated around the center of the aim.

Before, even on close range, the distribution was so random, that you could aim dead on and get extremely varying results per shot. It ranged from 5 - 80 or so, even with your opponent only 6 feet away. That's why we decided to have more pellets, and those more evenly distributed. This makes it effective in mid-range situations as well.

For all who feel the shotgun has weakend: That's quite impossible. For maximum results, make sure your aim is dead on, that's all.

Sniper: No changes.

One word about the carbine: It has the highest kickback of all guns, so it might open new tricking possibilites, along with the other new features in this field ;)
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 05:06PM)Cactus Wrote: Anyone got any clue as to why my anti-virus detects a worm?

I guess it´s complaining about the call of installer to execute another installer (OpenAL). Well it´s not malware!
Thanks given by:
Alright im super dumb at this stuff. Where do i put this code thing lol. P.S. I'm on a mac.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 11:40AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Too fine, in my opinion. ;) An unscoped sniper should be as accurate as Lisa Simpson throwing a folded piece of paper, since it's _the_ long range weapon. The way it's used along close combat, also on other games, is far off of my understanding how snipers're supposed to act, to be honst.
I see your point, but the sniper as a long-range-only weapon has very little use in AC (largely due to the maps).

Though it would be interesting to see what happened if the close-combat ability was gimped even more but it got some other extras to make it more powerful, such as being able to soot through people ( = kill/damage multiple players if they're lined up nicely).
Thanks given by:
where is wastenland? best LSS map and good for HTF
and why is raddar still inapplicable? not every player know commands how to change him

PS: thanks for new CTF maps! are great but on werk isn't armor?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 05:11PM)makkE Wrote: Sniper: No changes.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
well sniper has changed... only it's damage 85 -> 80, just 5 points lower, better balanced
but makke was reffering to those ppl who said spread is higher, ecc.
Thanks given by:
Oops, forgot about that...
Thanks given by:
Something else has changed about sniper too when not aiming it's just different I went beck to the 1.0.4 and it seems as the sniper position has been moved I mean I tried to shot some bots that were idle from about 10 cubes difference in both 1.0.4 and 1.1 and something was just different. Can I ask you does helmet protects your head it is it there for ilustrative purposes?

BTW there were those mods made by Yam like the one with pistol and flashlight? That should totally be included
Thanks given by:
Helmets are 25 armor. Kev vest is 50.
Thanks given by: