1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
I think I've picked out on that one but I was asking does getting 4 helmets means you can't get gibbed by a sniper?
Thanks given by:
Of course you can... 4 helmets = 2 armors = 100/100...

If you receive an sniper shot in the head, you get 240 of damage.
Thanks given by:
The code for unscoped sniper use is exactly the same as in 1.0.4.
Helmets don't protect the head. They are just symbolic for "small armour" :)
Thanks given by:
everything work ok for me.weapons are well balanced,new nades politics is strange to learn,but good.only things for me is the afk kick that is too fast (yes brahma,i can't go piss or answer at phone :D ).why not a spectate for afk players? :)

(only little point,nades were the only weapon against hard headshoters(only few players),now only suffer is possible :) )

gj devs and thanks :)

edit:no kick or ban vote except for admin?
Thanks given by:
Is there any way the list of demos(Under "Play Demo" menu) could load faster? Maybe when a demo is downloaded its name could be added to a demos.cfg using adddemo filename. Then demos could be listed according to demos.cfg. Of course renaming or moving demos would mess it all up, so demos that are renamed or removed could be greyed out? A command like resetdemos could remove and rename missing demos in the list.
Thanks given by:
I just keep the folder tidy, and move old demos to an archive.
Thanks given by:
One glitch. The first time I noticed this was in 1.0.4. But why can bots shoot through elevated platforms? I can't exactly test it myself...
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 10:28AM)Orynge Wrote: One glitch. The first time I noticed this was in 1.0.4. But why can bots shoot through elevated platforms? I can't exactly test it myself...
You mean the grillage platforms you can see people through? You can shoot through those yourself. Everyone can, not only bots. I think it's a cool feature.
Thanks given by:
Official release date?
Thanks given by:
When it's done.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 02:24PM)mykegregory Wrote: Official release date?

Rule #1: Don't ask for release dates
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 06:47PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
(26 Jul 10, 02:24PM)mykegregory Wrote: Official release date?

Rule #2: It´s done when it´s done
Thanks given by:
"Rule #1: Don't ask for release dates
Rule #2: It´s done when it´s done"

Dang it! but i'm so impatient!
but would it be weeks? months? i wanna get my paws on this shiney update!
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Rule #3: Shiny paws are oily paws.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 04:49PM)makkE Wrote: When it's done.
DNF. I kid, I kid.
Thanks given by:
i love all of this but 1 thing, the nades i dont see the point of 1 at a time pick-up, you know this will only slow naders like me down in the pick-up.

il just hang back and collect the nades...which is a bit lame but its my primary weapon, so i will have to, frankly if they still have the 8 seconds spawn (?)i am seeing maps built with more nade spawn to counter this problem

i would suggest, but i assume its too late to bother anyway, make it a 10 - 12 second waiting time and do 3 nades, this would keep people form sitting on the spawn, as well at allow them to run out with time left that they have ti wait for the next nade to spawn, it would also create a minimum of change for the ave player.

sorry if i sound like i am rambling, bit busy.
Thanks given by:
Yes, give players more grenades to spam with!
Nades are not a primary weapon.
Thanks given by:
Gibstick put the words right out off my mouth. Please stop that, I need them myself. ;)
Thanks given by:
i got a bug, bots can go through player clips
Thanks given by:
Do you mean the yellow (normal clips), the green (model clips) or the purple clips (player-only clips)? I have experienced the same for the plclips (purple) and I thought someone got on to that already.
Thanks given by:
I was trying to run assaultcube.sh from the linux in Fedora 13 download and I keep getting a message that says that it's unable to create OpenGL screen. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong because I didn't have this problem with the dev version or with 1.0.4.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a driver issue - check your global opengl functionality. Does 1.0.4 or other opengl apps still work?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 10, 10:55AM)iOD|Habluka Wrote: I was trying to run assaultcube.sh from the linux in Fedora 13 download and I keep getting a message that says that it's unable to create OpenGL screen. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong because I didn't have this problem with the dev version or with 1.0.4.

possibly unrelated, but also: did you install SDL_ttf 2.0 ?

It's a new dependency for 1.1
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 10, 11:47AM)makkE Wrote: Sounds like a driver issue - check your global opengl functionality. Does 1.0.4 or other opengl apps still work?

every other opengl app including 1.0.4 still works.

@ Randum Kiwi: I currently have SDL_ttf 2.0.9 installed, so that's not the problem
Thanks given by:
@Mr.Floppy: the purple ones
Thanks given by:
I wonder if its just me, but every time I use AR (yes, with AR only) I have a bunch of some kinda of weird lags spikes, its like I fire 5 bullets normally, LAG and 5 bullets normally again. Makes it very hard to play it with most of the times.
Thanks given by:
No TheCrema, I get this too and I supposedly fixed it :(
Brahma asked eihrul what the lag was and he said it was a bug due to the silence at the end of the AR shot sound. It's been clipped now (in the latest SVN trunk).
Thanks given by:
I was playing tosok earlier, and sometimes when I shot people, I'd see the blood but they wouldn't die..
Thanks given by:
If you have an issue like this, turning on hitsounds would be good. That way you will have a sure way to tell if you hit or not.
If those people had incredibly high ping, it could have also seemed like the hits weren't killing them.

/hitsound 1
Thanks given by: