Assaultcube 2: cube 2
I've been tweaking cube 2 around for a while now, and I'm pretty confident that i can port AC over to cube2 , with a different masterserver , and probably some new textures. I mean, cube 2's got a lot of capability, and even the textures in AC would be better used in cube 2 ... I'd like to know who would support this, and maybe help me out ? Just so i know that doing this doesnt go to a lost cause, and if someone could get me permission to use AC material to port over too :)
Thanks given by:
First things first, can you code in C++?
Thanks given by:
(27 May 11, 04:12AM)Viper Wrote: First things first, can you code in C++?

Yup. I've also got some basic modelling skills using blender.
what i plan to do is have ac2 as a big mod of cube 2, but not a total conversion...
Thanks given by:
Well, I fully support it. However that support probably isnt much.

You should read the Cube wikis about how to and how to not start a mod. If you have questions about licenses, email the authors, or ask a dev.

Good luck!
Thanks given by:
thanks ...
Thanks given by:
good luck ;]
Thanks given by:
I need your opinions on something. I have 5 playermodels here, and you guys get to pick which ones I include in AC2 :)

Vote as 1,2,3,4,5

[Image: models.jpg]

From left to right:

1: Robot machine
2: Marine
3: The assaultcube model with higher quality skin
4: A commander from the future
5: Mr.Fixit from sauerbraten :) I know how you all love him :)

If you want a closer look, http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/01/87/75...models.jpg

Thanks given by:
3. Definitely.

However, I wouldn't necessarily call it "AssaultCube 2" It seems like a sequel, so everybody will ditch the original. Also, It looks somewhat original (creative kind), so make it a spin-off, like CS:OS (I think).

Nice minigun model. I'd love to play this. Supported.
Thanks given by:
ehh i got assaultcube2 as a name cuz is assaultcube --- exept in cube 2...... what do you think the name should be then?
Thanks given by:
Well number th-WHAT IS THAT GUN?!

So umm yeah, number 3 looks the best. :)
Thanks given by:
rocket launcher for sauerbraten haha

rocket launcher for saurbraten * as a handgun

Thanks given by:
3!!!
Those other ones are for other games.
Thanks given by:
Not AssaultCube 2.

Mainly because, AssaultCube version 2 will eventually come out.

EDIT: Also, 3. It's the only one that belongs in AC.
Thanks given by:
Oh I just thought you guys would probably like to have a go at shooting an alien's head off in AC rather than the same guy ...
Well , if not AC2, help me think of some other names? :)
Thanks given by:
Maybe a sub-title to go with it, like AssaultCube: Blah blah blah or whatever.
Thanks given by:
Assaultcube: azz kicking time! hows that?
Thanks given by:
Make sure that the editor still works. :D
Can't leave home without it :P
Thanks given by:
of course :)
Eihrul doesnt think too highly of my project ... I might listen to him and stop ? I mean, hes got a whole team helping him out to dev AC , so i probably can't do it ....
Thanks given by:
try AssaultBraten or smth like that.
anyway if this mod was to come out i would definitely try it :)
Thanks given by:
(27 May 11, 01:05PM)Sabertooth Wrote: Eihrul doesnt think too highly of my project ... I might listen to him and stop ? I mean, hes got a whole team helping him out to dev AC , so i probably can't do it ....

Eihrul doesn't think too highly of any new modding ideas until they actually have significant substance. The problem is that he has excellent reasons to do so.
So, if you're ready to work at least one year on this, most probably alone, a few hours a day, then you could probably succeed. Otherwise...
Thanks given by:
I won't be using the Assaultcube name in it... i might just forget bout the project cuz eihrul says its a slap in AC's face if i use the name ...
Thanks given by:
3rd, absolutely.

Anyway, best luck for this project. I totally support it too!
Thanks given by:
for a project that didnt take as much effort ........
Thanks given by:
3rd anyway

It should be cool to have the same AC on cube2 engine cause it offer more possibility for mapping , models , mods weapons etc...

Same AC with Mutation modes or Ghost mode should be so fun. :)

Btw: same basic maps (mines d3 shine sunset...with rights....) should be cool to for the begining
Thanks given by:
All look awesome but leave Bluez and Redz for tha game and the others for funz!

Hehehehe The alien should have a voice command different from the rest (with Scottish accent)

V 1 1 - Aye
V 1 2 - Nay
v 1 3 - First things first: WHERE'S YOUR SHITTER? I've got a turtle-head poking out.
v 1 4 - Want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back ribs. *Chili's* Baby back ribs.
v 1 5 - Come here Im gonna eat you!
v 2 1 - Recover the Mojo!
v 2 2 - Defend the Mojo!
v 4 2 - Sorry. I farted. It's a long road ahead.
v 6 1 - Right in the mummy-daddy button.
v 6 2 - You are lucky Wee-Man!
v 6 3 - I'm Dead Sexy. You Are Crap.

LULZ
Thanks given by:
I still agree with this, don't get downed. Eihrul [hopefully] meant if you used the name AssaultCube... I really like this idea.

Names... StormCube/Cubestorm

Shockube?

(like the troopers of their origin)

I like the futuristic feel of this...

F1
Thanks given by:
Number 3, But I like how #2's looking, Really cool, I am all for this project, and I'll do All I can to keep it running ;).

Also, a Good idea is to have all servers made report to a huge, all of the game ladder ;). Of course others will say nay, but I think it's worth a shot.
Thanks given by:
i dont like the futuristic idea of this mod, no aliens, no imaginary weapons, thats why i hate sauer (dont like the gameplay too...).
Keep it real, keep it modern, no fantasies.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 11, 10:08PM)macm Wrote: i dont like the futuristic idea of this mod, no aliens, no imaginary weapons, thats why i hate sauer (dont like the gameplay too...).
Keep it real, keep it modern, no fantasies.

I like semi-futuristic, not total ray zuupr blasturs. Like a more realistic idea for the AR.

Sabretooth, what are your ideas, creator?
Thanks given by:
Try AssaultCube: Sauer Edition ;)
and #3 looks dirty as well as that rocket launcher
Thanks given by: