Assaultcube 2: cube 2
Here's some ideas, because, I mean, hey, ACII.
  • Weapons
    • Flamethrower
    • Nade launcher
    • Rocket Launcer
    • Throwing knives!
    • Mounted machine gun
  • IN-GAME MOD SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 Not many players are gunna know about mod sites, or how to install them, so people could publish, rate, and comment on people's mods
  • ZOMBIE MODE!!!!
  • Support for easily making an RPG. Dunno if it's already there, and you don't have to make one.
  • Keep Capture the bases. That's boss.
  • GUI server. Just do it. Really. Without dependencies possibly?
  • Have a dependencies system where people can upload and download maps from server, the map saying the map models and textures it needs to have, and then the dependencies are uploaded/downloaded
  • Step-in-this-and-you'll-die type things
  • A bike
Here's a list of things I thought up, textures and stuff I found; don't grief: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1epo4...n_US&pli=1#
Thanks given by:
By that screenshot it looks pretty nice. If you do pursue making such a mod, I would agree with the stipulation that this might take a year or more of a TON of coding. If you could get guys to help you make this faster that would help.
Thanks given by:
I'll keep working on it , but Brett asked me to help with making Pcube (a mod of ac to make it like original cube with xtra stuff in it) so hopefully both come out at the same time
Thanks given by:
Nr# 2 and 3 looks good ^^

and btw nice idea... (:
Thanks given by:
ty :)

I reckon I could do zombies, and the guns you outlined. I can probably make a "zombie mode" redirecting the hudguns to some zombie weapons, and changing skins etc to zombie skins
Thanks given by:
It all sounds real cool but also maybe, what i like and maybe someone has already said it, but like a level thing would be nice, imo.
Thanks given by:
Anvil: Like a single player campaign sorta thing? It would seem that with all the nice new features, we're not that far off potential SP campaigns.
Thanks given by:
I agree. There should be some form of level system, but not like CoD. All guns should be there at one time. But you could be a class. Like: Trooper. Can recieve BR and AR
Sniper: Has Sniper Rifle and Carbine
Assault: SMG and ST

Like in "rpg games"

ahmolton, dude. I'm waaaay to lazy to read your doc. PM or post a picture plox? :D
Thanks given by:
I would be against any class system that goes beyond bragging rights. I've never played CoD, and would love the idea of all the servers, by default, reporting to a ladder. I also think having a laser instead of a crosshair would be realistic (but some might no like it, as Urban terror says, fun over realism), and I would like the idea of being able to look down non-sniper sights.
Don't bother reading the doc, unless you want to see textures I could find. I think this should be official subgun: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1751
Thanks given by:
(28 May 11, 11:21AM)Frogulis Wrote: Anvil: Like a single player campaign sorta thing? It would seem that with all the nice new features, we're not that far off potential SP campaigns.

No i was like thinking of something like online that if you let's say get 3 kills without dying you will get to level 2... If you understand what i mean
Thanks given by:
(28 May 11, 01:04PM)Anvil Wrote:
(28 May 11, 11:21AM)Frogulis Wrote: Anvil: Like a single player campaign sorta thing? It would seem that with all the nice new features, we're not that far off potential SP campaigns.

No i was like thinking of something like online that if you let's say get 3 kills without dying you will get to level 2... If you understand what i mean
Something like the MPL, but in singleplayer?
Thanks given by:
I could do that, but thing is though, having a levelling system kinda kills it cuz people want fast gameplay .... not having to work to get your weapons. ... Plus, with the cube engine, even if I set up a levelling system with unlockable weapons, it'll be way too easy to hack ....
Anvill:BTW i wrote up a stats script for it ages ago :) works great.
Thanks given by:
Fall Damage.
Thanks given by:
NO! That would ruin so many cool, fun maps.
Thanks given by:
hamolton: Precisely.
Thanks given by:
and rifle@camper would be full of bacon
Thanks given by:
And weedroom. BTW, anybody have it? Mine got replaced by the pretty boy one.
Thanks given by:
(28 May 11, 01:03PM)hamolton Wrote: I think this should be official subgun: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1751

Saw it.

Sabertooth, It's a nice one. More of a Mac 11, but still good.
Thanks given by:
But can you do that you can scope with smg's and stuff?
Thanks given by:
i can help, but i need some method of leading project, regular irc meeting with cycle of week for example, creating workitems etc. My time is very busy and my current projects have higher priority. In HTC i didn't like the method "do something and show it", i need my spent time will have a sense.

I need to see schedule and milestones.

My c++ skills is mostly about using libraries. Everything is already written better. :) I did some small school projects about threads in linux and then regulation of motor In job one project with xerces, xalan, Apache XML security libraries and OpenSSL. AI i did in java and matlab. In job i do mostly NET. In 3D graphic i am new, i played with GUT but i still feel as newbie after seeing Cube sources. I would need a few study cycles.
Thanks given by:
Well Alien, I'm not much of a leader cuz I myself am busy. As for the schedule and milestones, generally its a "see how it goes" kinda thing ... Deadlines put pressure, and pressure leads to mistakes, so I'm not really that in to deadlines.

I can also teach you how to make models too if you like :)
Thanks given by:
Good luck, Sabertooth... please link us to your work if it is available (some sourceforge link?).
Imho, diversity is always good.
Thanks given by:
I love this idea, as stated earlier, and YAY BRAHMA IS BACK!
Thanks given by:
Brahma, I probably won't get a svn yet, and i'll release it once i'm finished :) Right now I need some help with HUDGUNS, and some better playermodels to make it look more realistic.
Thanks given by:
How do you guys like the idea of hiding behind vehicles? I've put in some vehicle models (and yes i know im a crappy mapmaker)

[Image: vehicles.jpg]

I'l need to contact the authors of the models for permission before I release, but I wanna know if you guys want them in, since I see alot of maps with roads, but all they're lacking are vehicles for hiding or for decoration. Any opinions?
Thanks given by:
HELICOPTER LOOKS DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!
* Oracle wants a ride
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a nice idea. Is there any was to make dynamic maps where you can break walls and windows (and maybe Windows)?
Thanks given by:
Wow. That looks amazing. Very nice job Sabertooth. Do you need help with modelling? Or just generic ideas? Cuz I'm alot better at the latter.
Thanks given by:
(29 May 11, 02:12AM)Brahma Wrote: Imho, diversity is always good.

That's also what i think.
So... why are you against assaultcube special edition? :D
Thanks given by:
O_O

Hmm.... do want :)
Thanks given by: